Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is the healthy version of our favorite restaurant-style Chicken Parmesan and is just as good. It's crispy and crunchy with perfectly cooked Chicken Breasts which are topped with Marinara and Mozzarella. This Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan gets ready in just 20 minutes and goes perfect besides some pasta or zoodles or roasted veggies.
Hey friends! So, today I'll be sharing with y'all one of my favorite Chicken recipes - Chicken Parmesan!
This is such an easy recipe and is always a delight to make at home. I usually abstained from making this at home because it requires way too much oil to deep fry the chicken Breasts and that's just not something you can feed to kids so often.
Also try these delicious Chicken Parmesan recipes
- Quick Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake
- Instant Pot Chicken Parm Pasta
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs stuffed with Mozzarella
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce (just 4-ingredients)
However, after we got our Air Fryer, this Chicken Parmesan has seriously been a daily affair in our home.
We love to make it for lazy dinners or even when we have guests come over for parties and stuff like that.
It's just so much fun to make this in the Air Fryer. And it's so easy to prepare!
Just coating the Chicken with Eggs, Parmesan & Breadcrumbs and frying it in the air fryer.
Also, this Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan needs ZERO OIL, to be made. I did not even use oil to brush on the chicken not even cooking spray. And still, this came out just perfect and so crispy!!!!
This is such a simple recipe. You don't need any fancy ingredients and this gets prepared within minutes. You can make this easily at home and any weeknight dinner is going to be so extraordinary with this recipe. In my family, people just love this recipe so much that I get requests for making this almost thrice a week! 🙂
A Healthy and Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Parmesan is such an old and nostalgic recipe. It seriously one of those dishes which I order almost every time I visit the restaurants. I love Crispy Chicken Parmesan. That extra crispy Chicken with that Cheese and Marinara flavor in every bite is just so good and comforting! It's so so so delicious. Everyone loves Chicken Parmesan. It's seriously, just the best!
And this healthy version is even better. These are equally crispy, crunchy and so cheesy! Just a delightful way to make the same old recipe but in a healthy version 🙂
Ingredients needed to make Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Thighs - I like to use Chicken Thighs instead of Chicken Breasts as they are juicier and are thinner. So the Chicken comes out to be crispy.
- Parmesan Cheese - Shredded Parmesan cheese is needed to coat the chicken
- Panko Breadcrumbs - Ofcourse, Parmesan, and Panko account for the Crispy chicken coating.
- Marinara Sauce - For that amazing flavor
- Mozzarella Cheese - Top do the topping and those flavors
- Cilantro- For the topping.
How to Make Air Fried Chicken Parmesan?
- First, pound boneless skinless chicken thighs using a meat tenderizer.
- Now mix Shredded Parmesan with Panko Breadcrumbs. And, in a separate bowl break in two eggs and whisk well.
- Dip chicken breasts in beaten egg and then transfer it to the plate of Parmesan and Panko. Coat both sides completely and then transfer it to your air fryer.
- Cook it at 200C or 392F for 5-7 minutes.
- Now flip it over and top with Marinara Sauce and Mozzarella Cheese. Cook for another 5-6 minutes until the top is slightly brown and the cheese is melted at 200C or 392F.
- Serve with freshly chopped cilantro garnished on top.
What to Serve with Chicken Parmesan?
When it comes to serving your air-fried chicken parmesan I have some great ideas for you. Do check them out here.
- Southern Buttermilk Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Creamy Mashed Sweet Potato
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower with Cream Cheese and Sour Cream
- Pan-Seared Garlic Butter Mushrooms
More Air-Fryer Recipes You Can Try:
- Crispy and Cheesy Air fryer Taco Potato Wedges with Avocado Mayo
- Crispiest Air Fryer Southern Fried Chicken Recipe with Buttermilk
- Crispy Cajun Air-Fryer Sweet Potato Fries (Zero Oil)
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, make sure to tag me on Instagram @recipemagik with #recipemagik. I would love to see how it went.
Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan (ZERO OIL)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 Large Chicken breasts halved horizontally and made into 6 fillets
- ½ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1½ Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 6 Tablespoons Marinara Sauce
- 4.4 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese shredded or slices 125g
- Freshly Chopped Cilantro can replace with chopped basil or parsley
- Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts. Half Horizontally and make 6-fillets. Then pound it using a meat tenderizer until it becomes thin.
- In a small bowl whisk two eggs and keep them aside.
- On another plate mix panko breadcrumbs with shredded parmesan cheese. Mix well using a fork.
- Coat Chicken individually in egg and then transfer it to the plate containing the breadcrumb mixture. Coat both sides completely. Transfer it to your Air-fryer.
- If you have to preheat your Air-Fryer then preheat it to 380F or 200C. If not, then pop it directly into your air-fryer and cook at the given temperature for 6-minutes.
- Now flip your chicken pieces and add marinara sauce on top. Top with some Mozzarella Cheese and pop it back in the air-fryer to cook at 180C or 350F for 5-minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Check with a meat thermometer. If your chicken has reached 160F then it is completely cooked. If not, then cook for some more time. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro/parsley/basil and serve.
- If you want you can brush some oil onto your chicken before popping it in the air-fryer but it just not needed. But do not use cooking spray in your air-fryer as the chemicals in cooking spray might damage your air-fryer.
- If your Air-Fryer works with 1700 watt power then it will need less time to cook. My Air-Fryer works with 1400 watt power and I have mentioned the time accordingly.
Ask Me Anything