Creamy, cheesy, and comforting Chicken Thighs in Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce is a dump and forget crockpot dinner recipe which you must include in your weekly dinner rotations. It's super creamy and so delicious!
I just love a creamy sauce to dunk my bread in or to pour over my bed of Pasta or Rice. Nothing seems more logical to me than a creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce.
Made with just 4 ingredients - Heavy Cream, Cream Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, and Garlic this sauce is so flavorful and delicious!
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
Garlic Parmesan Sauce is one of my go-to sauces. Have you tried my Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp or Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms! This sauce is soo good that I feel like making this again and again.
I use just 4 basic ingredients to make this creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce - Garlic, Parmesan Cheese, Heavy Cream, and Cream Cheese. Besides this I use Salt, Pepper, sometimes a little Onion & Garlic Powder, and a bit of Thyme for depth of flavors! It is just so good!
This Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce can be made in advance and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. You can use it with Chicken, Shrimp, Sausages, Chicken Wings, or Vegetables.
Also, this Garlic Parmesan Sauce is so popular with the kids. Top it over your pasta or throw it in a one-pot Chicken recipe and watch everyone enjoy it! Have you tried my Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges in Air Fryer or Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower or Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings or Creamy Garlic Parmesan Orzo or Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes or Tasty Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries | Baked Carrot Fries Recipe or Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Lemon Garlic Sauce
Crockpot Chicken Thighs
The crockpot is seriously the best kitchen appliance I have. With every recipe I am making in this, I am falling in love with this appliance! Here's why you must own a Slow Cooker if you don't already!
Crockpot Chicken Thighs tastes especially good because the Chicken Thighs gets cooked to perfection and also remains juicy. Chicken Thighs are the best piece in a Chicken. It's the juiciest piece in a Chicken. So cooking it on the stovetop generally dries it out easily. Hence, it's always a great idea to cook it in the Crockpot or Instant Pot.
My Crockpot Chicken recipes are the best of all. Have you tried my Cajun Butter Crockpot Chicken Thighs and Rice or Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Lemon Garlic Sauce or Crockpot Chicken Thigh Recipe with Asian Glaze or Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken with Sweet Pineapple Glaze or Honey Bourbon Chicken in Crockpot or Crockpot Coconut Lime Chicken.
- Chicken Thighs (bone - in or boneless)
- Olive Oil - To grease the pot
- Cream Cheese - Softened to room temperature
- Parmesan Cheese - Grated
- Garlic Powder - Optional
- Heavy Cream
- Water - to combine everything
- Garlic Cloves - for depth of flavors
- Salt & Pepper
STEP 1: Dump and Forget
- Grease the inside of a crockpot with olive oil
- Add Cream Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Powder, Heavy Cream, Water and few cloves of Garlic to the pot.
- I have used whole cloves of garlic here. These cloves of garlic when get cooked, plump up and tastes so good. Also, it doesn't make the sauce extra garlicky.
- Combine everything using a spatula
- Add the Chicken Thigh pieces
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add some more grated Parmesan cheese on top
- Cover with the lid and slow cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
STEP 2: Garnish and Serve
- Garnish with chopped Parsley and serve immediately
- Or Cover and Keep warm until you serve.
This Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thigh makes for a whole meal in itself. Here are some of my favorite serving sides for this dish.
You can also serve this with Cauliflower Rice for a Low Carb meal.
Apart from this, you can serve this with any crusty bread and it's going to taste so good.
- Garlic - For depth of flavors I have used both Garlic Powder as well as whole cloves of Garlic. This is what makes my sauce super garlicky and balances out the sweetness of heavy cream.
- Braised Chicken - You can alternatively, season the Chicken Thighs with salt, pepper and garlic powder and sear it in a skillet until golden brown on the outside. Searing the skin, gives the Chicken a gorgeous color and crispy texture on the outside. After the Chicken is Golden Brown, dump it in the Crockpot and Slow Cook in the Garlic Parmesan Sauce.
- Oven baked - You can make this same recipe in the oven. Just dumo everything in a 9x12 inch casserole baking dish and bake covered in a 200C or 400F preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- This is a very simple one pot recipe. You can add more veggies if you want along with the Chicken
- I have used Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. You need to use grated Parmesan Cheese so that it combines with the sauce
- I have used a whole block of Cream Cheese. This Cream Cheese which i ahve used is softened. Softened Cream Cheese is easy to use and mixes well with the sauce
- I have used water to combine everything. You can use White Wine or Chicken Broth.
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce (just 4-ingredients)
- 1 lbs Chicken Thighs Boneless
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened at room temp.
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 2 cup Water or Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- Freshly chopped Parsley for garnish
- Grease the inside of the Crockpot with Olive Oil. Throw in the Softened Cream Cheese, Grated Parmesan Cheese, Heavy Cream, Garlic Powder, Cloves of Garlic, and Water in the pot. Stir to combine everything. Place the Chicken Thigh pieces in it.
- Season the Chicken Thigh pieces with salt, pepper, and some more grated Parmesan Cheese. Cover with the lid and slow cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve