Creamy, healthy and easy white sauce penne pasta that gets prepared in just 10 minute is not just food, its HAPPY food!
Packed with the goodness of the creamy white sauce, this penne pasta recipe needs not much introduction. It's one of my go-to lunch box recipes. Whether I have to pack a healthy lunch for myself or prepare something healthy for my kids, I always go for a healthy bowl of white sauce penne pasta. It's easy, it's simple and it tastes absolutely amazing.
Besides my husband, everyone in my family is Mad Over white sauce Penne Pasta. Whenever, my kids are hungry, feeling sad or gloomy, a humble bowl of white sauce pasta is my first choice. So, if your kids are lacking the energy and excitement after they've had a long day at school, quickly make a bowl of this easy White sauce Penne Pasta. And, trust me, they'll be back in their element in no time!
Let's Quickly Make some Easy White Sauce Penne Pasta
White Sauce Penne Pasta has many varieties. One of the most popular options is Chicken Penne Pasta. However, I like my creamy Penne Pasta without chicken. It saves me time and that's just how I like it.
Whenever I am making White Sauce Penne Pasta, there are some ingredients that I just cannot miss. I really LOVE garlic in my white sauce. There are ways to make it without garlic but I really like the garlicky taste in my pasta. It adds a new variation to my taste palette.
Another of my favorite ingredient is lime juice. Of course, you'd be thinking, how important can that be? Turns out, it is insanely important - at least for my taste buds which are somewhat of a perfectionist. Lime juice adds zest, vibrancy, and youthfulness into pasta. It just cannot have my White Sauce Penne Pasta without that zing which can only be met by some lime juice.
Many people ask me, "How do I make healthy Penne Pasta?" The answer is veggies! You can add in some broccoli to make your creamy Penne Pasta much more healthy. However, I generally reserve broccoli for my Broccoli Tofu Stir fry. But, you can easily use it up in your pasta and make it a healthy vegetarian penne pasta.
Lastly, I think my White Sauce Penne Pasta is totally incomplete without some basil leaves. I really love the sweet texture of basil in my pasta. It provides that much-needed balance to my taste buds while I am busy flowing in the creamy pasta.
Some Pro Tips for Making the BEST White Sauce Penne Pasta
- Do Not Miss Garlic. You can either add chopped garlic or garlic powder. But, without garlic, your white sauce penne pasta will taste dull and bland.
- Use Lime Juice: Even though you use just 1/2 tsp, Lime juice can make an insane amount of difference in your pasta.
- Make it Healthy: Use veggies to make your Penne pasta much more healthy.
Let's Check out the Step By Step White Sauce Penne Pasta Recipe.
Easy White Sauce Penne Pasta Recipe
- 3 Cup Penne Pasta
- 6 Cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Milk Evaporated
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 4-5 leaf Basil Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese Grated
How to Prepare the Penne Pasta
- Boil water over high flame.
- Once water comes to a boil add oil and salt into it.
- Now throw in washed Penne pasta into the water.
- Put the flame on medium and let the Penne Pasta cook for at least 2-3 minutes. Don't over cook or else your Pasta will get soggy.
- Get your pasta out in a colander and allow it to cool down.
How to Make White Sauce for Penne Pasta
- Add Butter in a pan.
- As it gets a bit frothy throw in the flour into it.
- Use a spatula to mix it well. Keep the flame in medium all this while.
- Now add 1 Cup Milk into the white sauce mixture and stir well.
- Now throw in red pepper flakes, garlic powder, black pepper powder over the white sauce.
For cooking the Pasta
- Now simply add the cooked Pasta into the white sauce mix.
- Top it off with 1/2 teaspoon Lime juice.
- Grate 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese and add it into the pasta.
- Decorate with some basil leaves and crushed mozzarella cheese and serve hot.
Ask Me Anything