Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake is a one-pot simple comfort food recipe for dinner. This easy and delicious Chicken Parm Gnocchi Bake gets ready in just 35 minutes from scratch. Layered Chicken Parmesan with Potato Gnocchi, my homemade Marinara Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese and Parmesan Cheese is baked until the cheese on top gets bubbly! It's a favorite fall recipe for dinner which you can serve when the weather outside gets cold and crisp. Also try my Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella Recipe
Also, this is easy and quick recipe for dinner, perfect for a weeknight meal. You can make this ahead of time and just pop this in the oven 15 minutes before serving dinner. That way, you won't have to spend time in the kitchen for long! That way, you can make this Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake in less than 30 minutes. ⌚️ Also try some of these Quick 15-minute Chicken Recipes to serve health & happiness to your family in a jiffy
This is the best Comfort food dinner recipe for me. Especially perfect for weekends, this one with crispy chicken and saucy Gnocchi, with loads of Mozzarella and Parmesan is so hearty and delicious.
I love Gnocchi. It's one of my favorite Pastas. While homemade Gnocchi is such a fun and delicious recipe in itself, but using packaged Gnocchi saves so much time and you get to toss it with an easy sauce of your choice...so good!
💯 Extra Cheesy Gnocchi Casserole
This Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake is the definition of Comfort food. Creamy, Cheesy and Comforting loaded with extra Cheese, this Italian inspired Gnocchi Bake is full of flavors which even the kids will love! 😇
Just for that hint of extra cheese, after this casserole gets baked, I add some more Mozzarella slices and freshly grated Parmesan for that extra cheesiness! It gets soooo delicious and comforting!!!! 😋 😋 😋 😋
A perfect weeknight recipe for dinner, this Gnocchi bake is made with pacaked gnocchi. If you are like me and donot have the time to make homemade Gnocchi, then you can use Pacakged Gnocchi.
If you do not have Gnocchi at home, try this with any pasta you have, but please do try this recipe! You're going to love this.
I love to serve this Chicken Parm Gnocchi Bake with sauteed green veggies or steamed veggies or a side salad.
Have you tried my other favorite Baked Chicken Casserole recipes like
Chicken Parm Gnocchi
You might wonder why is this Chicken Parm when I am not making Chicken Parmesan the traditional way.
Well, Just like a traditional Chicken Parmesan, I have coated the Chicken with Eggs, Panko & Parmesan and then fried it until crispy. Just to get the chicken cook quickly I have used diced Chicken. They crisp up like a dream in a snap and tastes so good along with similar bite - sized Gnocchi!
Then this is tossed with Gnocchi in the casserole dish and layered with Marinara Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese and Parmesan Cheese, just like you would do in a traditional Chicken Parmesan recipe
This gets doubly good because of the hearty and comforting addition of Gnocchi...
Try my other favorite Chicken Parmesan recipes
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs stuffed with Mozzarella
- Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan (ZERO OIL)
- Instant Pot Chicken Parm Pasta
- Crockpot Parmesan Chicken and Rice
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce (just 4-ingredients)
- 💯 Extra Cheesy Gnocchi Casserole
- Chicken Parm Gnocchi
- 🥘 Ingredients
- 👩🍳 How to make Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake (Step by Step Guide)
- 😇 Why You'll Love this Gnocchi Bake?
- What is Gnocchi?
- How to make Chicken Parm Gnocchi Bake ahead of time?
- 💯 Top tips to make The Best Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake
- Can I make this One Pot in a skillet?
- Can I make Gnocchi Bake in the Crockpot?
- Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake
FOR CHICKEN PARMESAN
- Chicken (Boneless, Skinless - Chicken Breast or Chicken Thighs, diced to 1 inch cubes)
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
FOR GNOCCHI BAKE
- Potato Gnocchi (packaged)
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese (sliced)
- Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- Fresh Basil Leaves (for garnish)
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
👩🍳 How to make Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake (Step by Step Guide)
STEP 1: COOK THE CHICKEN
- Coat diced Chicken with Beaten Eggs, Panko Breadcrumbs, Parmesan Cheese, Salt and Pepper.
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the Chicken and cook until it gets crispy and golden brown on all sides. (for 3-4 min)
- Cook the Chicken in batches. Do not crowd the pan. Allow the Chicken to get crispy before you remove from the skillet.
- Once they get cooked, remove from the skillet and keep aside.
STEP 2: LIGHTLY COOK THE GNOCCHI
- In the same skillet, add the pacakged Gnocchi and cook for 2 minutes
- Remove from the skillet.
STEP 3: LAYER THE CASSEROLE
- Pour Marinara Sauce in the lower layer. Spread evenly
- Add the Chicken and Gnocchi
- Top with Mozzarella Cheese and shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Repeat until you use up all the Chicken and Gnocchi
- Top with Marinara Sauce, followed by mozzarella Cheese and shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Bake in a 425F preheated oven for 15 minutes (or until the cheese on top gets bubbly)
- Add some more sliced Mozzarella Cheese and Parmesan Cheese on top and broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts on top.
STEP 4: GARNISH AND SERVE
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.
Remember that Marinara sauce has salt in it, so I haven't added any extra salt in the recipe, except to season the chicken. If you think this is less in salt, adjust as per your taste.
😇 Why You'll Love this Gnocchi Bake?
I love this Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake for a number of reasons. Its one of my favorite go-to weeknight recipes for dinner. Also, I love to use packaged Gnocchi for my dinner recipes.
- Crispy Breaded Chicken - You'll love the crispy bite of Chicken in this Chicken Gnocchi Casserole. Chicken cubes are coated with Eggs, Panko & Parmesan and are then fried until crispy. This when used in the Casserole gives a nice crunchy element in a world of cheesy goodness.
- Comforting & Hearty - This Gnocchi Bake with extra cheese is the most comforting recipe for dinner
- Easy and hassle free - This is such an easy recipe for dinner and totally hasslefree. You get the best of Chicken Parmesan and Gnocchi in a single dish! So good.
- Kid Friendly - I love the fact that this is a kid friendly dinner recipe. Its simple, easy and so cheesy, which is why my kids love this Chicken and Gnocchi Bake for dinner.
- Make Ahead - Yes! You can make this ahead of time and freeze this. Just pop in the oven 15 minutes before dinner and cook @425F for 20 minutes or until the cheese gets bubbly on top.
What is Gnocchi?
Gnocchi is a kind of pasta which. is made using flour, eggs and salt. This is such a simple and basic form of pasta which is hugely used in Italian Recipes
Gnocchi looks like a dumpling and is used as a form of pasta with sauces of your choice like Alfredo Sauce, Marinara or Pesto etc.
This Layered Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi with extra cheese topping is a fusion recipe. A perfect Italian American recipe with loads of Marinara, Mozzarella and Parmesan.
If you want, you can include veggies in this Gnocchi bake. Also, you can top with Romano Cheese.
How to make Chicken Parm Gnocchi Bake ahead of time?
Yes. You can assemble everything in advance, cover with a foil and freeze this for upto 3-4 days.
Preheat the oven to 425 F and Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the Cheese gets bubbly on top.
If you have leftovers, store in an airtight container or just double wrap with cellophane and freeze for 3-4 days. Reheat in the oven until heated through and serve.
💯 Top tips to make The Best Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake
- If you do not like Marinara Sauce, you can use Diced Tomatoes or any other homemade sauce you love
- You do not have to cook the Gnocchi before use. Baking Gnocchi in layers along with Marinara Sauce and cheese will get them soft and just perfect for eating
- You can make this recipe using store bought rotisserie chicken as well.
Can I make this One Pot in a skillet?
Yes, ofcourse. Toss the Chicken until crispy in a skillet. Then saute the Gnocchi until golden brown. Pour Chicken Broth & Marinara over it. As the sauce comes to a boil, top with Parmesan and Mozzarella and Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Can I make Gnocchi Bake in the Crockpot?
Yes, you can make it in the crockpot.
Cook the Chicken and Gnocchi separately in a skillet until crispy and golden brown
Dump the Chicken in the slow cooker along with Chicken Broth and Marinara Sauce. Cook for 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high
Stir in the Gnocchi, Mozzarella Slices and Parmesan Cheese and Cover cook on high for 30 min right before you serve. (You do not want to add the Gnocchi along with Chicken as overcooking the Gnocchi will get them chewy)
Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake
- 1 lbs Chicken boneless, skinless
- 2 large eggs beated
- ½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper ground
- ½ teaspoon Salt adjust as per taste
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil to cook the chicken
For the Casserole
- 1 lbs Potato Gnocchi packaged
- 1½ cup Ma
- Coat Chicken with Panko & Parmesan: Add the diced Chicken in a bowl. Pour the Beaten Eggs, Panko Breadcrumbs and Shredded Parmesan Cheese in the Chicken. Add the salt and pepper. Toss to combine everything.
- Cook the Chicken: Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the Chicken and cook until crispy on both sides for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat. Once the Chicken gets crispy, remove from the skillet and keep aside.
- Toss the Gnocchi: In the same skillet, add some more olive oil. As the oil shimmers, add the Gnocchi to the skillet and toss for 2 minutes over medium - high heat. Once they get slightly cooked, remove from the skillet and keep aside.
- Layer the Casserole: Pour 2 tablespoon of Marinara sauce in the casserole and spread it evenly. Add half of the Gnocchi and Chicken over it. Top with a layer of shredded Mozzarella Cheese and freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. Repeat the same until you use up all the Chicken and Gnocchi. Top with Marinara and Shredded Mozzarella Cheese. Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes. After it gets baked, add some more sliced Mozzarella Cheese and shredded Parmesan Cheese on top and broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts on top.
- Garnish and Serve: Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve