Creamy Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet makes for a quick and easy dinner recipe. Chicken Breast pieces are fried in olive oil until crispy, it is then tossed with Farfalle Pasta, and Marinara Sauce. The Pasta cooks in the Marinara sauce itself needing no extra water and finally, it is topped with loads of Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese. This is cover cooked until the cheese melts on top and is finally served with fresh basil on top.
We love this easy Chicken Parmesan Pasta recipe. It requires simple and easy Pantry staple ingredients, is always popular with the kids, and makes for a wholesome dinner recipe.
The best part about this Creamy Chicken Parmesan Pasta recipe is that it's a one-pot recipe. Yes! Forget cooking the Pasta until al dente. A basic dump and forget dinner recipe which gets ready in under 30-minutes. Just like this One Pot Spaghetti with whipped ricotta.
I like to make some homemade Garlic bread to go with it. Seriously just look at that cheese pull. All you need is some Garlic Bread to dunk in that pasta and enjoy!
One-Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
The best thing about this recipe is of course that it's a One-Pot Recipe. I especially love to cook this for Weekends. It's easy, quick and so delicious. Also, especially during weekends, I hate cooking long hours and this recipe comes in handy all the time.
All it takes are a few basic pantry ingredients and your recipe gets done before you know it.
I love easy and simple recipes like these where there is not a lot going on in terms of preparation. But, you can write a book based on how good it tastes.
I am certain that once you make Chicken Parmesan Pasta using this recipe, you'll want to make this as many times as you can. It's super good. And perfect for parties.
If you are hosting a graduation party or an Anniversary Party, this one-pot Creamy Chicken Parmesan Pasta will feed the crowd and they'll be curious to know the recipe.
So, let's take a quick look at the things you would need to make this super delicious Chicken Parmesan Pasta recipe from scratch.
Ingredients Needed for this recipe:
Olive Oil: Make sure you use a good quality of Olive Oil for the best flavors.
Chicken: I have used chicken breasts for this recipe. However, you can also use chicken thighs. But don't use Chicken legs, it won't taste good.
Pasta: I have used Farfalle or Bow Tie Pasta to make this recipe since it holds the flavors. But, you can use Penne, Rigatoni or Ziti.
Marinara Sauce: I love Homemade Marinara Sauce more than anything else. But, if you are in a hurry I would suggest you use a good quality store-bought marinara sauce.
Mozzarella Cheese: Lastly I would certainly not miss out on some Shredded Mozzarella Cheese for that stringy cheesy taste.
Parmesan Cheese: And, finally, nothing can ever be complete without some grated Parmesan cheese. But, make sure you add them at last so that you get the best flavors.
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Pasta?
- In a pan heat some olive oil. As the oil becomes hot, add chicken cut into small cubes. Cook chicken until completely cooked through. This takes about 5-minutes.
- Add Pasta and Marinara. Fill the marinara jar with water and pour it into your pasta. Stir well to combine.
- Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cook pasta until it is soft.
- Add Mozzarella and Parmesan and cover cook until the cheese melts.
- Top with chopped basil and enjoy.
Other Variations for the Recipe:
- Instead of Farfalle or Bow Tie Pasta, you can use Penne Pasta. But, I love farfalle because it is able to hold the flavors. What happens with Penne or Ziti or Rigatoni is that the sauce slides off the pasta, hence no flavor at all.
- Italian Seasoning: If you want to add more flavors to this Chicken Parmesan Pasta recipe then nothing can be better than some Italian Seasoning.
- Dried Herbs: Some dried Herbs like Dried Oregano and Dried Basil will also help you get that amazing taste.
Other recipes you can make:
- Orzo Feta Chicken with Lemon - Zesty lemon and Creamy Feta is a classic combo.
- Lemon Parmesan Chicken Alfredo - Creamy Chicken Alfredo with Zesty Lemon.
- Cajun Chicken Fettucine Alfredo - Classic recipe with the gorgeous Cajun Seasoning.
- Chicken Parmesan in Air Fryer - Classic recipe that makes an excellent dinner.
If you like this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Chicken Breast 4 chicken breasts (Boneless, Skinless chicken breasts cut into small cubes)
- 16 Ounces Bow Tie Pasta or Farfalle you can also use Rigatoni
- 24 Ounce Can Marinara Sauce homemade or storebought
- ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- Fresh Basil finely chopped (OPTIONAL)
- Heat Olive Oil in a pan. Add Chicken Breasts cut into small cubes. Cook until lightly golden brown on both sides and completely cooked through.
- Into this add Bow tie pasta or any other pasta that you like. Into this add Marinara Sauce and toss well to combine. Fill the jar of Marinara Sauce with water and pour it into your pasta or add 2 cups of water.
- Allow this to come to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook pasta until it is cooked as per your choice.
- Add Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, and Grated Parmesan Cheese. Stir lightly to combine. Cover cook for 5-minutes and Allow this to melt completely. Garnish with freshly chopped basil (optional) and serve right away.