Crispy and Cheesy Air fryer Taco Potato Wedges are crunchy and delicious Potato Wedges which are Taco Flavored. These are extremely crunchy and cheesy because of the Parmesan and have got that favorite Taco flavor to them because of the Taco Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and a dash of Cayenne Pepper. I serve this with Avocado Mayo along with some Ketchup and this is just so good. These crispy Air Fryer Potato Wedges make for a great appetizer and snacks, especially on Game Day Party! Also, these Air Fryer Potato Wedges get prepared in just 40 minutes, from scratch! You can find the make-ahead instructions and storage/reheat instructions below. Have you tried my Air Fryer Cajun Sweet Potato Fries or Southern Fried Chicken in Air Fryer?
These Air Fryer Taco Potato Wedges reminds me of the Summers. It has got that perfect kick of spices which will make any dull and dreary day full of excitement and hope! I like things spicy so I have added just a pinch of Cayenne Pepper to my Potato Wedges and trust me, just a pinch is enough.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges are made with very little oil. I have used just 1 tablespoon of Olive oil in all to make this recipe. The first time you would require oil is to coat the Potatoes with the Spices. Oil helps the spices and the Parmesan, stick to the surface of the Potatoes. Also, the second time is to gently brush the Potatoes before they get fried.
I do not prefer to use Cooking spray for my Air Fryer recipes. Cooking spray sometimes has harmful chemicals that can destroy your Air Fryer. So, it is best to stick to the basics and lightly brush your food with oil, before you pop them in the air fryer.
Ingredients I have used to make Crispy and Cheesy Air fryer Taco Potato Wedges
- Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Taco Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Avocado Mayo or Ketchup
How to make Crispy and Cheesy Air fryer Taco Potato Wedges
- So, you will begin by choosing the Potatoes. I like to use Russet potatoes for this recipe. Russet Potatoes are perfect for this recipe because they cook very quickly and get crispy.
- The next step is to wash the potatoes to get off all the dirt from them and then soak them in ice-cold water for 10-15 minutes. Soaking the potatoes in cold water before frying them in the Air Fryer makes them turn out to be extra crispy! The science behind this is that as the Potato soaks in the water, it takes time to get crispy in the air fryer. And hence by the time they are done, they turn out to be absolutely crispy and just perfect to be eaten. Dry Potatoes, on the other hand, will quickly get over-fried in the air fryer and may result in burnt potato wedges!
- The next step is to chop the Potatoes. So, you start by halving the potatoes lengthwise and then quartering each half.
- Do not bother to remove the skin from the potatoes. They should be cooked with the skin on.
- Now, to make the seasoning, combine Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Oregano, Taco Seasoning, Salt & Pepper in a bowl. Add the freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. Toss everything to combine.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the Potato wedges. Coat them with the seasoning and the Parmesan cheese.
- Place the Potato Wedges on the Air Fryer basket.
- Brush the Potatoes gently with some oil. If you have some seasoning left, add them gently over the Potato wedges.
- Fry the Potatoes at 200C or 400F for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, flip them and re-fry for 20 more minutes.
- Serve hot with Avocado Mayo or Ketchup.
How to make Air Fryer Taco Potato Wedges ahead of time?
You can chop the potatoes into wedges and soak them in water. Cover and refrigerate it. Also, you can make the seasoning ahead of time and keep it in an air-tight container. When you are going to make it, take it out on a parchment paper-lined plate and drain the rest of the water. Allow the Parchment Paper to soak out all the extra moisture. Toss the Potatoes with the seasoning and put them in the Air Fryer to get fried.
The seasoning is so good, that you can save it in an air-tight container on the counter for days. You can use this same seasoning to season Chicken or Fish or other veggies and then fry them in the Air Fryer!
How to reheat Air Fryer Potato Wedges?
Preheat the Air Fryer to 320F and heat the fries for 3-4 minutes, flipping after 2 minutes interval.
So, this is all about these Air Fryer Taco Potato Wedges. I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make it, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Crispy and Cheesy Air fryer Taco Potato Wedges with Avocado Mayo
- 4 medium sized Russet Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Avocado Mayo to serve
- Chop the Russet Potatoes into halves, lengthwise and then, quarter the halves lengthwise. Soak them in cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- Make the seasoning by combining Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Oregano, Taco Seasoning, and Salt.
- Coat the Potatoes with some olive oil and the seasoning mix. Add some grated parmesan cheese and freshly cracked black pepper on top and toss to combine.
- Place them in the Air Fryer. Do not overlap. Brush the Potatoes with some Olive oil. If you have any seasoning or cheese left, gently drizzle it over the potatoes. Preheat the Air Fryer to 400F or 200C and fry the Potato wedges for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, flip them and fry the other side for another 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with Avocado Mayo