You Need Broccoli, Olive Oil, and some seasoning - salt, pepper, and Garlic Powder to make these air fryer roasted broccoli recipe.
It has a tender texture with a crispy coating. The edges are golden, and the top is light green leaving it to taste incredibly good.
I wish I had known earlier how good this roasted broccoli in Air Fryer tasted earlier. It took me just 10 minutes from start to finish to make this crispy roasted broccoli.
We can definitely make roasted broccoli in Oven. But this Air-Fryer is an incredible kitchen tool that you must need in your kitchen.
Seriously, until I bought an Air-fryer, I thought I didn't need it. I thought, what difference can it make? Well, I was so wrong. An Air Fryer is a super important tool that you definitely need in your kitchen.
It's basically the airflow that gets that fried texture in our broccoli.
Roasted Broccoli in an Air fryer
Broccoli is such a healthy veggie that we must include in our diet as much as possible. Talking about broccoli have you tried my - Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Cream Cheese, Broccoli casserole with Ritz Cracker and Mayonnaise, Chinese Broccoli Tofu Stir Fry, Honey Mustard chicken Stir Fry with Broccoli and Carrots? All of these are incredibly delicious Broccoli recipe that you should definitely try.
Well, if you are not in a mood to make a casserole or a stir fry recipe at the moment, this Roasted Broccoli in an Air Fryer is an amazing alternative.
First of all, this Air Fried Broccoli is so healthy. It contains just 40 calories per serving.
Ingredients you Need to Make Air Fryer Broccoli
You just need 2-ingredients and some seasoning to make these roasted Air Fryer Broccoli.
- Broccoli Heads: Remove the stems from Broccoli and use the florets for this recipe. Though some people do prefer the steam, I really don't know how long it would take the steam to get fried in an Air Fryer.
- Olive Oil: Just one tablespoon of Olive Oil to lightly grease Broccoli Florets. Please do not use cooking spray instead of Olive Oil. You can pour your Olive oil into a spray bottle and then use it for this recipe.
- Seasoning: For seasoning, we'll need Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper. That's it.
Optional Ingredients you can add:
- Onion Powder: Though there is no need but if you want you can add some Onion powder while making Air Fryer Broccoli. Onion Powder will add a sweetish touch to your broccoli.
- Parmesan Cheese: If you want a cheesy coating on your crispy Air Fried Broccoli then go ahead and add some grated Parmesan Cheese.
Nutritional Benefits of Eating Roasted Broccoli made in an Air Fryer:
Popular UK Magazine BBC Good Food says that Broccoli is an excellent source of dietary fiber and protein. Besides that, it is a home to Iron, Potassium, Vitamin C, K, B and so much more.
When you roast it in an Air-Fryer you reduce the cooking time considerably and you make it taste so good. Broccoli is seriously the best when you are looking for something healthy and low carb. Brimming with vitamins and minerals an Air Fryer roasted broccoli will keep you feeling happy and healthy.
How to make Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
First of all, toss chop the Broccoli into small florets
Second, toss them with olive oil, garlic powder, salt & freshly cracked black pepper.
Place them in the Air Fryer.
Cook them in the Air Fryer at 200°F or 400°F for 5-6 minutes.
Serve them with Lemon Juice drizzled on top!
Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli Tips
These important tips will help you make your broccoli with so much ease.
- Do not Use Cooking Spray: Cooking Spray has harmful chemicals that might destroy the non-stick coating in your Air Fryer basket.
- Use Avocado Oil or Olive Oil: Avocado oil has a high smoke point, and it is so healthy. As an alternative to Olive Oil, you can use Avocado Oil as well.
- Do not overcook: If you overcook your Broccoli in an Air-Fryer, it will turn too brown and will not taste good. I would suggest cooking it at 400F FOR 5-Minutes. You can also shake midway at, say 3-minute mark for a crispier coating.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You Can Make:
- Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Crispy and Cheesy Air fryer Taco Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Southern Fried Chicken
- Vegan Black Bean Quinoa Burgers in Air-Fryer
- Donuts in Air-Fryer Without Yeast
- Crispy Cajun Air-Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
How do I keep Broccoli from burning in my air fryer?
Broccoli is a dry vegetable that tends to burn in the air fryer upon getting crispy. Just add a bit of water ( one tablespoon) at the bottom of the air fryer. This will prevent the Broccoli from burning in the air fryer.
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating for the recipe below. Also, take a snap and share your Air Fryer Broccoli image on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it went.
2-Ingredient Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli in 5 min
- 8 Ounces Broccoli Florets about 3-4 cups
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- In a bowl arrange Broccoli florets and coat them with Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder.
- Toss well so that each broccoli floret is evenly coated with oil and seasoning.
- Cook them in Air Fryer at 400F OR 200C for 5-6 minutes. If you want you can toss midway at the 3-minute mark. If your Air-Fryer needs to be preheated you can do so. Now serve hot.
- Do Not use cooking spray as it might destroy the non-stick coating in Air Fryer.
- Keep Gap between broccoli florets. Don't add all of it at once.
- Do not forget to stir midway at about the 3-minute mark.
- Adjust salt and pepper as per your taste.