Healthy Honey Mustard Chicken Stir Fry is a quick Asian Chicken Dinner Recipe.
HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN STIR FRY
Chicken Pieces are tossed in a delicious Honey and Dijon mustard-based sauce along with veggies and served with rice. This excellent chicken recipe is super flavorful and so delicious.
I love a good Asian Chicken recipe and this one is one of my favorites. It's got the crunch of the veggies, the crunchy Chicken and the sauce is just too good.
This Honey mustard Chicken makes for an excellent dinner recipe that is super healthy and gets ready in just 30 minutes.
I love the honey mustard sauce. It's sweet & tangy and so flavorful. I love to use it for so many recipes.
Have you tried my
OR Maple Mustard Green Beans yet?
We generally use the Honey Mustard sauce for salad dressing but I love to use ti for my recipes and its just so so so good.
You will love the flavor of this sauce.
It's sweet & tangy and just delightful!
This recipe is so easy to make. It's something I make when I am in a rush to get dinner on the table quickly!
I like to serve this to my kids. Also, this allows me to sneak in some of the veggies along with the chicken and sauce, and that's just the best way to get the kids to eat their veggies.
Also, everyone loves a stir-fry for dinner. It's just so quick!
Ingredients used to make Honey Mustard Chicken Stir Fry
- Boneless Chicken - I have used Boneless, Skinless Chicken, which is cut into 1-inch dices. This helps them cook evenly and quickly!
- Olive Oil - To fry the Chicken & Veggies
- Broccoli - Chopped into small florets
- Carrots - Diced Carrots to help them cook quickly
- Garlic - Minced garlic, because Asian cooking is incomplete without Garlic
- Low Sodium Chicken Broth - To make the Chicken Gravy
- Cornstarch - To make the Cornstarch Slurry
For the Honey Mustard Sauce
- Dijon Mustard
- Soy Sauce
How to make Honey Mustard Chicken Stir Fry
So, you start by tenderizing the veggies.
Heat some Olive oil in a Pan. As the oil shimmers, add the Chopped Broccoli Florets and Chopped Carrots to it. Toss over medium-high heat until the veggies tenderize. Once the veggies tenderize, take them out of the pan and keep them aside.
Now, in the same pan, add some more olive oil. Add the chicken pieces. The Chicken Pieces here are chopped into 1-inch dices. This ensures even cooking of the Chicken Pieces. Add salt & Pepper and toss to combine.
Cook it over medium-high heat until the chicken gets golden brown from all sides.
Add the minced garlic and toss well.
Now, add the Cooked Veggies and toss well with the Chicken. Also, add the Chicken Broth and stir to combine.
To make the Honey Mustard Sauce, - Take Dijon Mustard, Honey, Soy Sauce & Water in a bowl. Stir to combine and pour it into the cooking Chicken Veggies mixture. Toss well until combined.
Make a Cornstarch Slurry by combining 2 tablespoon of Cornstarch with 2 tablespoon of cold water. Pour this over the cooked Chicken & Veggies mixture. Toss well until combined.
As the gravy starts to thickens and it comes to a quick boil over medium-high heat, take it off the heat and serve!
What to Serve Honey Mustard Chicken Stir Fry with?
Tips to make this recipe with perfection:
- I have used Broccoli & Carrots. You can use any other veggies you have at home. Especially, Spring Onions or Bell Peppers of any color goes excellent in this recipe.
- You can also use Chopped Cabbage in this recipe.
- The veggies should not lose their crunch in the process of cooking. So, always cook over medium-high heat. The best thing we love about Asian recipes is the crunch. So, make sure that you do not overcook the veggies.
- Cook the chicken in batches. Do not crowd the pan with the Chicken. The Chicken should be crispy & crunchy.
- Do not forget the Cornstarch Slurry. This will give the exact consistency which you're looking for the gravy. The Cornstarch slurry is what will thicken the gravy and make the sauce velvety!
Other Asian Chicken Recipes to try:
- Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Asian Cashew Chicken [Better Than Takeout]
- Sweet and Sour Teriyaki Cauliflower Chicken Stir Fry
- Grilled Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts
- Keto Chinese Lemon Chicken
- Orange Chicken
- Mongolian Chicken
- Kung Pao Chicken
- General Tso's Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Thigh Recipe with Asian Glaze
- Ginger Sesame Chicken Meatballs | Asian Chicken Meatballs
Honey Mustard Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts (Boneless & Skinless) chopped into 1-inch dices
- 2 teaspoon Olive oil divided
- 2 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup Thinly Sliced Carrots peeled & sliced
- 6 cloves Garlic minced
- ¼ cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth or water
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- Salt & Pepper to taste
for Honey Mustard Sauce
- 4 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Water
- Heat 1 teaspoon Olive Oil in a Pan. As the Oil shimmers, add the Broccoli florets & the sliced Carrots. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the veggies tenderize.Take the veggies off the pan, and keep them on a separate plate
- In the same pan, add 1 teaspoon Olive Oil and add the Chicken Pieces. Add salt & Pepper and cook the Chicken until they get golden brown on both sides. Cook the Chicken in batches if required. Do not crowd the pan. Add the minced Garlic into the pan and cook for 30 seconds or until it gets fragrant.
- Add the veggies back into the pan and cook for 2 minutes over medium-high heat. Add the Chicken Broth and stir well until combined.
- Make the Honey Mustard Sauce by combining Honey with Dijon mustard, Soy Sauce & Water. Stir to combine and pour this in the cooking mixture of veggies & chicken. Toss to combine
- Make Cornstarch slurry by mixing 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water. Add this slurry to the cooking mixture and stir until combined.
- Cook for just 1 more minute and as the sauce starts to thicken, take it out and serve immediately with rice or noodles.
So, this was about Honey Mustard Chicken Stir Fry. I hope you liked this recipe and shall make this soon. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.