HONEY LEMON BASIL CHICKEN THIGHS
Grilled Honey Lemon Basil Chicken Thighs - A perfect Summer Chicken Recipe where you marinate the chicken with honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Then you grill the chicken with garlic and butter until they get nice golden brown grill marks. Finally, it is served with some sweet basil leaves and Italian seasoning sprinkled on top.
This recipe goes well with Garlic Bread or Fried Rice or Mashed Potatoes or Green Salad.
Grilled Honey Lemon Basil Chicken
Ever wondered if you could make a recipe that has got all the right flavors in it? Well, this is that kind of recipe.
I have marinated the Chicken with Olive Oil and herbs and while grilling my chicken, I decided to add some minced garlic along with butter. Have you ever tried anything with just garlic and butter? It's delicious. Isn't it?
Well, today, I was gonna grill my chicken with that deliciousness smeared on the pan.
The idea behind adding a little pinch of turmeric and cayenne pepper while marinating the chicken was to bring in that gorgeous golden color to my chicken and also add some spice.
Don't judge me. If you think cayenne is gonna make it too damn spicy, then either skip it or use some sweet paprika instead.
My Golden Tips to make the best Grilled Honey Lemon Garlic Basil Chicken Thighs?
I guess by now you already know how this is made right? Well, I am not gonna bore you by telling you the recipe all over again. But, here are some pointers that you gotta keep in mind.
- For the marination try to keep it light. Not many spices. Though I asked you to add cayenne pepper that's just for that wee bit of spice. I don't want it to be so hot that you can't eat it. In case you are apprehensive about running into that kind of situation, just skip it.
- While grilling the chicken keep an eye on your chicken. Your flame must be on medium. Flip it over and check so that the golden brown grill marks are not turning into black.
- Flip over and cook the other side for another 6-7 minutes until completely cooked through. Baste the chicken with some of your unused marinades.
Honey Lemon Basil Chicken Thighs
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1½ Tablespoon Lemon zest zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice Juice of 1 medium sized Lemon
- ¼ cup Honey
- ½ cup Basil Leaves finely chopped
- 10 Pieces Chicken Thighs Boneless (1 1/2 lbs)
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder or as per taste (optional) only for color
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper or as per taste
- ½ Teaspoon Salt or as per taste
- ½ Teaspoon ground black pepper or as per taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 4 Tablespoon Butter 1/2 stick
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
Preparing the Sauce
- In a small mixing bowl mix olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and honey. Keep aside for later.
Marinating the Chicken
- First, wash your chicken pieces and keep in a large mixing bowl. Add turmeric powder, black pepper powder, salt, and cayenne pepper to it. Pour the prepered Olive Oil marinade to this. Toss to combine. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and let it rest for 30-minutes in the refrigerator
- Heat a Grill Pan or Skillet over medium high heat. Add a stick of butter to it. As the butter melts, add minced garlic cloves and cook for 30 seconds. Place the chicken pieces in a single layer. Do not crowd the pan. Cook the Chicken for 6 min, (3 min, each side). Finish with one batch then move on to the next.
- Once cooked, garnish with freshly chopped Basil and sprinkle Italian seasoning. Serve
Ask Me Anything