Baked Garlic Butter Chicken Breasts is a healthy and delicious Chicken Dinner Recipe. Chicken Breasts are baked in the oven and then seared in a Creamy Garlic and Herbs based sauce. It's so easy to make and hits the tastebuds because of the kick of Garlic and the hint of Herbs that makes this so flavorful. This Garlic Butter Chicken Breast recipe takes only 30 minutes to make from scratch and is best served with Mashed Potatoes or Mashed Cauliflower or Roasted Veggies or some Healthy Quinoa Fried "Rice".
Chicken in a Creamy Garlic Butter Sauce along with Caramelised Onions and Garlic. It's just soooo good. An absolutely special and incredibly delicious Family Friendly Comfort Food Dinner Recipe which is sure to please everyone.
This Baked Garlic Butter Chicken Breasts recipe is one of the best Baked Chicken Breasts recipe ever. The Chicken Breasts are pounded, coated with flour, salt, and pepper, and oven-fried until crispy. The Creamy Garlic Butter Sauce over it makes this taste so damn good and juicy, with delicious garlic-ky flavors in every bite.
Have you tried my other Baked Chicken Breast recipes like Honey-Balsamic Baked Chicken Breasts or Spinach and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts or Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Cheese or 10-minute Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts
This Creamy Garlic Butter Chicken breast is one of my family's favorite meals. My kids love these Garlic flavored Baked Chicken Breasts. They love this with some healthy salad or roasted veggies.
How to bake Chicken Breasts in the oven for Garlic Butter Chicken Breasts Recipe
Baking Chicken Breasts in the oven is an easy and healthy way to enjoy Chicken Breasts. Plus it will be crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. Just follow these four steps:
STEP 1: Brine - In a ziplock resealable bag, put the pounded Chicken Breasts along with some Lukewarm Water and 1 teaspoon of Salt. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes. You can also, store this overnight in the refrigerator.
STEP 2: Brush with Butter - Now you can use Olive Oil, but you won't get that golden crust. So, I recommend using Melted Butter and some Olive Oil, to brush on both sides of the Chicken Before oven frying them to get that perfect Golden Brown Crust.
STEP 3: Season - Seasoning the Chicken with some Salt & Pepper and for this recipe with some Garlic Powder, Dried Oregano, Paprika, Flour, and Parmesan Cheese.
STEP 4: Roast the Chicken - Preheat the oven to 450F. Place the Chicken Breasts in the baking dish and bake for 15-17 minutes. The baking time of the Chicken hugely depends on the thickness of the Chicken Breasts. If your Chicken Breasts are pounded and are thin, then it should take about 12-15 minutes to get roasted.
Roasting the Chicken at such a high temperature will help develop a crispy golden crust over the Chicken and will seal the flavors of the spices in the Chicken Breasts.
After you've roasted the Chicken use a meat thermometer and check the temperature of the Chicken. If it reads 165°F (74˚C), then your Chicken is safe to be eaten. Or else, cook it for some more time.
The Creamy Garlic Butter Sauce
Coming to the next step of this recipe - The Garlic Butter Sauce.
Now, is there a thing as Too much Garlic? Well, turns out, for some people too much Garlic is seriously, yuk. However, on the other side, there are people like me, who love a kick of garlic to spice up almost everything.
Well, don't worry, here it's neither of those extremes.
The combination of Garlic along with Herbs and Cream mellows down the sharp taste of Garlic. The Caramelised Onions bring in a perfect hint of sweetness to the sauce. The Oregano brings in freshness to this Creamy Garlic Butter Sauce and it's something you will love.
Making the Garlic Butter Sauce
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan. As the butter melts, add chopped onions and caramelize for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add 4 cloves of smashed garlic, 3 cloves of minced garlic, and 4 cloves of whole Garlic.
- Cook them for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Add Heavy Cream, Cream Cheese, and Grated Parmesan Cheese. Stir to combine
- Now, add the oven-baked Chicken Breasts to the sauce and cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Season with some dried Oregano, Sugar, Salt, and Pepper.
- Garnish with some chopped parsley and serve hot!
Tips to make the best Garlic Butter Chicken Breasts
- You might be skeptical about the heavy use of Garlic in this recipe. However, don't worry. The whole Garlic has a very mellow flavor to itself and when it gets cooked, they get mushy and soft.
- The smashed Garlic releases most of the flavors
- The minced Garlic gives you a nice Garlic bite which tastes delicious.
- Caramelise Onions so that it gives a sweet flavor to your Sauce.
- Do not replace Heavy Cream with Half and Half as it will curdle.
Here's the Video on How to Make Garlic Butter Chicken breasts in oven:
I hope you like this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Baked Garlic Butter Chicken Breasts
For the Chicken
- 2 whole Chicken Breasts (boneless, skinless) halved
- 4 teaspoon Salt 1 teaspoon on each chicken breast piece
- 4 teaspoon Pepper
- 4 teaspoon Paprika
- 4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 4 tablespoon AP Flour
- 4 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Melted Butter to brush on the Chicken
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil to brush on the chicken
For the Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 cloves Garlic smashed
- 3 cloves Whole Garlic
- ½ medium sized White or yellow Onion finely chopped
- 1 CUP Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper Adjust as per Taste
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- Freshly Chopped Parsley for Garnish
- Pat the Chicken Breasts dry. Season then with Salt, Pepper, Parika, Garlic Powder, Flour, and Parmesan Cheese. Brush the Chicken Breasts with melted butter and olive oil. Preheat the oven to 450F or 230C.Place the Chicken Breasts in a greased baking dish. Roast for 15-18 minutes. Flip after 10 minutes.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a pan. As the butter melts add the Onions and cook for 3 minutes until it caramelizes.
- Add the smashed Garlic, minced Garlic, and whole Garlic cloves. Cook for 2 minutes.Now, add the Heavy Cream, Parmesan Cheese, and Cream Cheese to the pan. Add the Chicken Breasts and Cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with some dried oregano, salt & pepper. Garnish with chopped Parsley and serve hot.