Sweet, savory and a hint of spicy this honey mustard tofu recipe will be the ultimate weeknight dinner that your family would love. It's a perfect tofu recipe for kids. It's healthy, nutritious, and has a blast of flavors.
Other Tofu Recipes to make:
🌱 Vegan Honey Mustard Tofu Stir-Fry
Tofu is a nutritious food item that I use at least once a week. Tofu has got lots of protein and calcium which helps the bones and teeth stay strong and healthy. It's also a healthy replacement for cottage cheese.
Kids love tofu at my home. In fact, my little ones almost always have a cute fight over the pieces of tofu.
Each one needs an equal number of pieces. And believe me, they have to be equal in size. Today, I wanted to give my kids a snacky, sweetish but a little tangy tofu recipe.
Therefore, I began making this recipe. I had not thought it through. I generally don't have any point of reference while I am cooking.
I just keep following my instincts and go with the smell of ingredients. I somehow get it when the salt is less or when the recipe is getting too sweet. I guess, that comes with experience.
But, don't be intimidated. I am not a hot-shot professional chef. I am learning every day.
👩🍳 So, Let's Make Honey Mustard Tofu Stir-Fry From Scratch
- When you get tofu from the market you should wash it nicely and then wrap it in parchment paper or paper towel. Then keep it on a plate and cover it with another plate. Now press the top plate with a heavy canned item. Leave it like that for about 30-45 minutes. This will release all the water from our tofu. Now cut them into 1/2 inch pieces.
- I start by grilling my tofu in a grill pan. I used regular vegetable oil. But many people use butter for this step as well. Once my tofus has that golden-brown grilling lines, I used a spatula to turn them over and grill the other side. When it was done on both sides, I kept it aside.
- In a bowl, I put some water with green beans in it. I placed them to microwave at full power for 2 minutes. Next, I took another bowl with Ice-cold water and transferred my green beans from the hot water into the cold. This process is called = "blanching and shocking green beans". This makes the green beans greener and gives them a nice crunch.
- In the same grill pan, I put some butter, chopped garlic and chopped ginger and stir it lightly. In just the next 30 seconds I added my Green Beans and tofus. I put the flame on low and cook it lightly for about 2-minutes.
- In another clean bowl, I make a mix of Dijon Mustard, Honey, Oil, and some salt. I glaze my green beans and tofus on the pan with this honey mustard mixture and just stir fry for about 1-minute at high heat.
- Season it with some more salt, black pepper powder, and some Lime Juice.
Now let's take a look at the Printable Recipe for Honey Mustard tofu.
Honey Mustard Tofu
- 250g or 8Oz Tofu Cut into cubes
- 20 qts Green Beans Edges trimmed off
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 4 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- First, cut Tofu into cubes and grill them to perfection until charred both sides in a grill pan.
- Meanwhile, trim the tops off your green beans and microwave them at full power for 4 minutes. Then get it out and shock it. (Place the green beans in ice-cold water). Chop them into halves or any length you desire and keep aside.
- Also, make the honey mustard sauce by combining honey, dijon mustard, vinegar, salt, and sesame oil in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the Charred Tofus and in the same Pan, throw in some butter, garlic, and ginger.
- As the ginger & garlic starts the sizzle add the chopped green beans and Tofus.
- Drizzle the honey mustard sauce along with some lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Top with some crushed Tofu.
PIN THIS IMAGE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE