Crockpot Chicken Thighs coated in creamy Lemon Garlic sauce with added spices like Oregano and Thyme makes for an excellent weeknight dinner recipe🍋 that you are bound to love. Just like this Crockpot Chicken Thighs with Sticky Asian Glaze!
Yes, you can use Chicken Breasts to make this recipe. A few days back I had made Lemon Butter Chicken in Instant Pot, and in that recipe, I had used Chicken Breasts. In fact, it has become one of the very few posts that gained popularity in so little time.
And, if you are in a mood for something exquisite then do check out this recipe for Crispy Chinese Lemon Chicken in Air Fryer without Breading.
🍋 🍗Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Chicken Thighs
You'll LOVE this recipe because:
- Tender Chicken coated in creamy Lemony sauce.
- Budget-Friendly and Affordable dinner recipe.
- Light & Fragrant - This recipe is super fragrant and so light.
- Low Carb - That's the best part about this recipe. Low in Carb and High in Taste.
To make this recipe, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Chicken Thighs - Must use for Juicy chicken.
- Rub for Chicken - Dijon Mustard, all-purpose flour, Thyme, Oregano, Olive Oil, Lemon Zest, Salt, and Pepper
- Olive Oil & Butter - I love the combination of both to sear chicken.
- White Wine
- Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- Garlic - I like to keep few minced and few just peeled on top.
- Lemon Juice
- Half and half
- Butter cut in small cubes
- Parsley for garnish
See Recipe Card for Quantities. Also, take a look at the video for a visual🎥
Step 1: Dry Rub Chicken
Rub Chicken thighs with Dijon Mustard, all-purpose flour, Thyme, Oregano, Olive Oil, Lemon Zest, Salt, and Pepper.
Step 2: Sear Chicken
In a non-stick pan melt butter and add Olive Oil. Place chicken thighs skin side down and sear until it turns brown. This usually takes 3-5 minutes on Medium-High heat.
Step 3: Dump in Crockpot
Place chicken in the crockpot along with the remaining oil in the pan. Then add Dijon Mustard, White Wine, Low Sodium Chicken Stock, Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Lemon Juice, and butter cut into small cubes. Close the lid and slow cook on High for 4-hours or on Low for 8-hours.
Step 4: Add Half and Half
After 2 hours, open the lid and pour Half and Half for an added creaminess to the recipe. Cover and cook for another 30-minutes.
(Half and Half is Half Whole Milk and Half Heavy Cream. If you live in a place where it is hard to find half and half you can just combine these two to make your own)
Finally, Garnish and Serve
Lastly, just garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with rice or pasta.
Hint - Do not forget about Searing chicken before adding it to the crockpot. Also, try Crockpot Coconut Lime Chicken or Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken.
🍾Which White Wine Should I Use?
White wine adds depth of flavor to the dish. I love Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio. It works the best. Sometimes I like to use Sauvignon Blanc especially for seafood recipes like Shrimp Scampi. Then you have Dry Marsala wine which is used for Chicken Marsala. But when it comes to this crockpot chicken thigh recipe, I go with Chardonnay. It's simply the BEST.
🥗 Serving Suggestions
You can serve this Low Carb Chicken thigh recipe with:
- Spaghetti - Make your dinner all the more comforting with spaghetti and creamy lemon chicken.
- Pasta - Make Creamy lemon pasta with chicken and your dinner is sorted.
- Mashed Potato - Creamy Ranch Mashed Potato or Irish Colcannon would pair unimaginably good with this recipe.
- Rice - Fried rice, Coconut Rice, Pineapple Rice, Cumin Rice would make an excellent pair with this chicken.
- Sear Chicken - Sear Chicken skin side down until it gets browned before adding it into the slow cooker.
- Olive Oil and Butter - While browning chicken use both butter and olive oil for creamy texture.
- Garlic- If you see, I have used minced garlic and whole garlic for the recipe. It won't make your recipe garlicky but the whole cashews will get browned and plump up like cashews. It would make your dish taste so good.
- White Wine - Do not skip white wine. It adds depth of flavor to the chicken.
- Low Sodium Chicken broth - Make sure you use Low Sodium Chicken Broth since its healthy.
Store Crockpot lemon garlic chicken thighs in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. I don't recommend freezing the recipe since it uses perishable ingredients like half and half.
- Chicken breasts - Instead of Chicken Thighs you can use Chicken breasts.
- Dry Basil - Instead of Dry Thyme you can use Dry Basil for added taste.
- Spicy - This recipe is basically creamy. But, you can spice it up if you want with some crushed red pepper flakes.
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese - If you would love a little Parmesan then add some shredded parmesan cheese and make crockpot lemon garlic parmesan cheese. Don't use grated Parmesan cheese.
If you like this recipe, please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik and let me know how it went.
Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 6-8 Medium boneless chicken thighs 2 pounds
Rub for Chicken
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon thyme dry
- 1½ teaspoon oregano dry
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- olive oil to coat chicken and more to sear chicken
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest ½ lemon zested
Lemon Garlic Sauce
- ½ cup low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice ½ lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into small cubes and more to sear chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4-5 cloves garlic half minced and rest kept just on top of chicken
30-minute before serving
- 1 cup Half and Half
- parsley for garnish
- lemon slices for garnish
- Rub Chicken with Dijon Mustard, all-purpose flour, Thyme, Oregano, Olive Oil, Lemon Zest, Salt, and Pepper.
- In a pan melt butter and add some olive oil. Once the oil shimmers, add chicken thighs skin side down and sear for 5-minutes.
- Transfer chicken directly from the pan into the crockpot. Pour the remaining oil from the skillet into the crockpot. Add remaining dijon mustard, followed by low sodium chicken stock, white wine, lemon juice, garlic, unsalted butter cubes, salt and pepper. Cover with a glass lid and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Just 30-minute before serving, open the lid and pour 1 cup half and half into the crockpot. No need to combine. Cover the lid and cook for the remaining time.
- Finally, garnish and serve with freshly chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
- Pour Half and Half just 30-minute before serving.
Thu recipe is just too good! Made this for my family and everyone just loved it! Excellent lemon chicken recipe in the crockpot! Such beautiful photos and how wonderful it tasted🤩🤩🤩🤩
Think I could do this w breasts?
Sure why not! The cooking time for Chicken Breasts will be comparatively low. About 6-8 hours on low. After the Chicken Breasts gets cooked you can shred the chicken using two forks and toss with the sauce.