Creamy Lemon Pasta is a Vegan, Gluten-Free, easy Pasta recipe that gets ready in just 10-minutes. The Pasta sauce is made with creamy Coconut milk and Lemon Juice.
Angel Hair Pasta is tossed with this creamy sauce and topped with some Cilantro and Nutritional Cheese. The result is beyond delicious. 😍💛💛
This one-pot 10-minute Lemon Pasta recipe is healthy and super delicious. This is a Kid-friendly Vegan Pasta recipe that will remind you of your last tropical vacation. 🏖
It's like a burst of spring and summer flavors in your mouth 😍
You can even try this with Fettucine or Linguine.
🍋 Vegan Creamy Lemon Pasta
This Vegan Creamy Lemon Pasta is one of our family's favorite recipes. I like to use Angel Hair Pasta for this recipe because it sticks to the sauce well. Also we sometimes alternatively use Spaghetti or Linguine.
Lemon Pasta without Cream
You will never believe that this Lemon Pasta is made without Cream. In fact I have used Coconut Milk which tastes beyond delicious in this Pasta.
👩🍳 How to make Creamy Lemon Pasta Sauce
Seriously the Creamy Vegan Pasta Sauce is the best thing about this recipe. The Coconut Milk blends in like a magical ingredient making this healthy, creamy, with a hint of sweetness.
I have made this Pasta sauce using lemon juice, Coconut Milk. Also, I have used Cornstarch to thicken the sauce. And Nutritional Yeast makes this sauce really tasty and cheesy.
I just love the fragrant Lemony aroma of this sauce. When you cook Garlic in a creamy lemon-based sauce it tastes so good.
This is a very Springtime and Summery Pasta. I like to use some Kale as well, but just to keep things simple, I have skipped it for this recipe.
You can add it to your Lemon Pasta and it will be so awesome.😍😍
🥘 Ingredients needed to make Creamy Lemon Pasta
- Angel Hair Pasta: I like to use Angel Hair Pasta for this recipe as this sticks to the sauce easily and holds on to the flavors. Besides this you can use Linguine or Penne or any small shaped Pasta.
- Coconut Milk: Since we are making Vegan Creamy Lemon Pasta so instead of whole milk or heavy cream I am using Coconut Milk. You can replace it with soy milk or almond milk but the flavors will be dull.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: To cook the Garlic and for some amazing flavors.
- Garlic: Without the kick of Garlic this Lemon Pasta will be incomplete.
- Lemon Juice: Obviously, since this is a Lemon Pasta
- Lemon Zest: Just enough for that amazing fragrance in the Pasta
- Salt & Pepper: To season the Pasta
- Sugar: Just enough to cut out on excessive sourness of Lemon
- Italian Seasoning: For that perfect hint of herbs in the Pasta.
- Cornstarch: To thicken the Sauce.
- Nutritional Yeast: To give this Pasta the perfect cheesiness.
- Capers: For that amazing vinegar-y and salty taste
- Cilantro: For freshness to the Pasta.
👩🍳 How to make Vegan Creamy Lemon Pasta in just 10-minutes
You can find the detailed recipe below
Cook pasta until al dente: Cook Angel Hair Pasta until al dente for 3 minutes. After it gets cooked, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain the remaining water. Wash the Pasta with cold water so that the cooking process stops in them.
Make Creamy Lemon Sauce: Heat Olive Oil in a Pan. Add minced garlic to it. As the garlic gets fragrant, add Coconut Milk, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Italian Seasoning, Salt, Pepper, and Sugar. Cook over medium-high heat until it all combines for 3 minutes.
Add Cornstarch to the sauce: Now, to thicken the sauce, add just 1 teaspoon of Cornstarch and stir vigorously so that there are no lumps left in the sauce. As the sauce thickens, add the cooked pasta and toss to combine it with the sauce.
Add Nutritional Yeast: Finally, add Nutritional Yeast and stir to combine with the pasta.
Garnish: Garnish this Lemon Pasta with Capers, Chopped Cilantro and serve.
🤩 Easy Vegan Pasta Recipe with Coconut Milk
This healthy Vegan Pasta recipe with coconut milk and lemon juice along with herbs and garlic is a perfect spring-time dinner recipe. The kick of the garlic balances out the sourness of lemon.
Also, Coconut milk is naturally sweet and it complements the taste of Lemon brilliantly. 😍😍
☀️😎 Summer Lemon Pasta
This Pasta feels like a perfect tropical recipe made with Coconut and Lemons 🙂
I love how Lemons make this taste so good. Lemons brings out all the other flavours brilliantly.
Also, it feels incredibly hearty and comforting at the same time!
🌱 How to make One-Pot Vegan Lemon Cream Pasta
To make One-Pot Pasta, first, make the Lemon Coconut Vegan Pasta Sauce. As the Vegan Pasta sauce is ready, add the Uncooked Pasta along with water and the seasoning. Cover cook until the Pasta cooks.
After the Pasta cooks, add some cornstarch and stir to combine. The sauce will naturally thicken.
Stir in the Nutritional Yeast. Garnish with Capers and Chopped Cilantro.
Other Vegan recipes you might like:
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Creamy Lemon Pasta
- 8 oz Whole Wheat Angel Hair Pasta
For Vegan Pasta Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Capers
- Chopped Cilantro
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Zest
- Cook Angel Hair Pasta until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the water and drain the remaining water. Wash the cooked pasta with cold water and keep it aside.
- Heat Olive Oil in a pan. As the oil shimmers, add the minced garlic and saute until it gets fragrant. Now, reduce the heat and add the Coconut Milk along with Italian Seasoning, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Reserved Pasta Cooking Water, Coconut Sugar, Salt & Pepper. Stir to combine. Increase the heat to medium-high and let it come to a quick boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes.Now, reduce the heat. Add 1 tablespoon of Cornstarch and stir vigorously until all lumps are dissolved.
- Add the Pasta to the sauce. Stir in the Nutritional Yeast and Capers.
- Garnish this Creamy Lemon Pasta with some chopped Cilantro and some more Lemon Zest. Serve hot.