Crockpot Coconut Lime Chicken is one of the EASIEST chicken recipes for dinner that you can make.
This recipe is Dairy Free and Paleo-approved. Chicken is seared in coconut oil until crispy and then it is dumped in the crockpot along with coconut milk, coconut cream, coconut sugar, few cloves of garlic, and lime juice.😋
Slow cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on High and you have one of the best crockpot chicken recipes ready to be served.
Coconut and Chicken is a combination made in heaven. The nuttiness of coconut works irreplaceable good with chicken. I've always loved the idea of adding coconut milk and coconut cream to my recipes.
And making them in the slow cooker makes it really juicy and all the more flavorful. Did you try this Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken with Sweet Pineapple Glaze or Creamy Crockpot Lemon Garlic Chicken
If you love the combination of chicken and coconut like I do then try - Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry. If you want to try something Indian with coconut then try - Malabar Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk. And, if you want to try something Thai then try Thai Red Coconut Chicken curry with Jasmine rice.
These are the ingredients you'll need to make Coconut Lime Chicken in the slow cooker.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Flour, Salt, and Pepper
- Coconut Oil - You can replace with Olive Oil as well
- Coconut Milk - use lite Coconut Milk
- Lime Juice
- Coconut Cream - use full fat Coconut Cream.
- Coconut Sugar
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, check out the video for a visual 🎥
Here are the quick steps to make Coconut Lime Chicken.
Step 1: Coat Chicken
Dredge Chicken Breasts in flour, salt, and pepper.
Step 2: Sear Chicken until browned
In a pan heat some coconut oil. You can also use canola oil or olive oil here. I like to use coconut oil for its slight sweetness and nuttiness. Of course, you cannot miss the health benefits of using coconut oil. Add chicken breasts and sear both sides until browned.
Step 3: Dump in Crockpot
Pour some Oil into your Crockpot. Add chicken breasts in one single layer. Pour coconut milk, minced garlic, lime juice, coconut cream, and coconut sugar. Stir well and cover with a glass lid. Cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 8 hours.
Step 4: Garnish and Serve
Once done, garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Serve with rice. You can see this Chicken and rice recipe. It's similar, but just a baked version than slow-cooked.
Hint: Don't forget searing chicken first. Pan-Seared Chicken gets a beautiful golden brown color on the chicken and also adds more richness to the chicken.
Low Carb Coconut Lime Chicken
Besides Coconut Sugar and Flour all other ingredients are low in carb count and high in fat. Which means they are Keto-approved.
- You can skip Coconut Sugar completely.
- Instead of flour, you can use Arrowroot powder.
You can make the following variations while making coconut lime chicken.
- Chicken Thighs - Instead of Chicken breasts feel free to use Bone-in or Boneless Skinless Chicken thighs. Chicken thighs are juicer than chicken breasts. And, therefore it would taste really good. See Crockpot Chicken Thigh Recipe with Asian Glaze for a better understanding.
- Spicy - Spice up your coconut lime chicken curry with a dash of cayenne pepper or some crushed red pepper flakes.
- Olive Oil or Canola Oil - If you don't want to use Coconut Oil you can replace them with Olive Oil or Canola Oil.
- Greek Yogurt - If you don't have coconut cream or you don't want to use it for any reason you can use greek yogurt in its place. Though it's not an ideal replacement you can still use it. However, I haven't tried this recipe with Yogurt so I cannot comment upon the taste.
- Garlic Powder - Instead of minced garlic you can add some garlic powder.
- Ginger - For an earthy tone to the dish you can add some grated ginger.
Store Coconut Chicken Curry in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. I don't recommend freezing the recipe.
💡 Top tip
- Chicken Thighs - If you don't like Chicken Breasts because they become dry, use chicken thighs instead.
- Pan Sear Chicken - Don't forget about searing chicken first. Pan-Seared chicken gets a gorgeous glaze and tastes amazing. If searing chicken thighs then put it skin side down in the pan.
- Coconut Cream & Coconut Milk: Don't compromise on Coconut Cream and Coconut Milk. Both of these ingredients are the base of the recipe. When you slow cook your chicken it is going to soak up all the juices and make your recipe all the more amazing.
- Lime Juice - Bright up the flavors with some lime juice. The acidity in Fresh Lime juice will perk up your slow-cooked Coconut Chicken Curry.
- Shake off Excess: Before you add chicken into the pan, make sure you shake off any excess flour.
- Temperature Check - Cook chicken to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Cooldown - Before sticking your leftover chicken in the refrigerator make sure it cools down completely.
If you like this recipe, please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik and let me know how it went.
Crockpot Coconut Lime Chicken
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts you can also use bone-in chicken thighs
Marinade for Chicken
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- ½ cup all-purpose flour can use any gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil to sear chicken
Coconut Lime Chicken Sauce
- Place Chicken Breasts in a ziplock bag. Add Flour, Salt and Pepper. Shake until chicken is completely coated.
- In a pan heat some coconut oil. Once the oil shimmers add chicken breasts. Flip over and cook until both sides are evenly browned. Once done keep aside
- Pour some coconut oil in your crockpot. Add chicken breasts in one single layer. Pour Coconut milk, Coconut cream, Coconut sugar, minced garlic, and lime juice. Toss lightly until chicken is coated in the sauce. Cover with glass lid and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.Garnish and serve with freshly chopped parsley.