Juicy Crockpot Chicken Thigh with Sticky Ginger Soy Asian Glaze is freaking fantastic! It has got a kick of garlic, a punch of ginger, a sweetish tang of ketchup, and of course a final layer of honey to calm down the taste palate.
Dump it all in the Slow cooker on low heat for 8 hours. And, then what you have is PURE GOLD 😋 If you love Crockpot Chicken I'm sure you'll love Creamy Crockpot Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs and this Crockpot Coconut Lime Chicken.
Easy Weeknight Dinners with Family, Planning a Holiday menu, Picnics, or Potlucks, this Slow Cooker Chicken Thigh recipe snuggly fits into all these categories.
I was inspired to make this recipe after trying Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken with Sweet Pineapple Glaze last week. Crockpot chicken recipes are simply the best. Try Authentic Mexican Chicken Tinga or Chicken Jalfrezi in Crockpot.
This Super-juicy, fragrant, and flavorful Crockpot Chicken Thigh recipe is definitely something that you'd want to add to your weekly dinner rotation. Serve this with Fried rice or Coconut rice or Pineapple Fried Rice or Indian Cumin rice and watch how it changes the mood of the family.
I also like to add some fresh greens like steamed broccoli or steamed green beans along with my chicken thighs to make it a complete and healthy meal.
These are the Ingredients that you will need to make Crockpot Chicken Thighs.
- Chicken Thighs
- Olive Oil
- Grated Ginger
- Minced Garlic
- Soy Sauce
- Fresh Chopped Parsley (optional)
See the recipe card for quantities. And, check out the video for a visual.
STEP 1: Sear Chicken Thighs
In a skillet heat some oil. I like to use olive oil. Of course you can also use canola oil. Once the oil shimmers, add Chicken Thighs and sear until both sides turn light golden brown. Searing Chicken thighs creates a beautiful coating around them making them even juicier.
STEP 2: Dump it all in the Crockpot
Place seared chicken in the crockpot. Add ginger, garlic, soy sauce, ketchup, sriracha, and honey.
Step 3: Slow Cook
Slow Cook on High Heat for 4 hours or on Low Heat for 8 hours. Once done, serve with freshly chopped parsley.
Hint: Use Low Sodium Soy Sauce for a healthy alternative. Also, serve this Chicken right away on a bed of fluffy rice and enjoy it right away!
- Dried Thyme - Apart from other ingredients add dried thyme to add an extra layer of seasoning.
- Dried Mustard - If you like bold flavors then you can add some Dried Mustard.
- Chicken breast - Instead of Chicken Thighs you can use chicken breasts. Chicken breasts might turn dry so I've avoided it. But, you can definitely use chicken breasts.
To make this recipe Keto-friendly, you can replace Honey with Erythritol or Stevia. And instead of Ketchup, you can use Sugar-Free Keto Ketchup. I have not tried this recipe using the Keto ingredients so I cannot comment on how it would taste.
You can definitely make the following variations to suit your taste palate. If you've got some more ideas for variations, let me know in the comment section below.
- Spicy - Add some red pepper flakes or a pinch of cayenne pepper to spice up the flavors.
- Onions - Add some sautéed yellow/red onions along with chicken thighs to bring an added layer of sweetness to the dish.
- More spices - Bring an edge to the dish by adding some Star anise, cinnamon sticks, lemongrass, and ground coriander while making the recipe.
Refrigerate chicken thighs in a shallow air-tight container or wrap them up tightly using a heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic wrap. If properly stored it can last up to 3-4 days.
I don't recommend freezing this.
- Cover the skillet with a lid or any plate to brown the chicken faster.
- Don't cook chicken on high heat. It might burn your chicken.
- Add some water before closing the lid in your slow cooker. It will help you get juicy chicken with some more of the sauce.
🥗 Serving Side
if you like this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik and let me know how this turned out.
Crockpot Chicken Thigh Recipe with Asian Glaze
- 4 large Bone-in skinless Chicken Thighs you can also use boneless Chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Ingredients to make the sauce
- 4-5 minced garlic
- 1 inch ginger grated
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- water as much as you need
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a skillet heat olive oil. Season Chicken with Salt and Pepper. Add Chicken skin side down and sear until light golden brown on medium-low heat. Flip over and brown the other side for an additional 2-minutes. Place them directly in the crockpot from the skillet.
- Add ginger, garlic, ketchup, soy sauce, sriracha and honey. Toss lightly using a spatula. Pour some water. Close the lid. Slow Cook on High Heat for 4 hours or on low heat for 8 hours. Serve with freshly chopped parsley.
- If using frozen chicken thaw it on the countertop for half an hour before cooking.
- If you want it to be spicier add some crushed red pepper flakes or some cayenne pepper