Shrimp Scampi with Spaghetti is my favorite meal of all time. It's made with Large jumbo shrimps, smeared in a garlic, lemon, and white wine sauce. This takes just 10-minutes to make from scratch and serves as a perfect pre-meal or light meal for anyone who loves Shrimp and Pasta!
Hey friends! You know how much I love cooking Shrimps. Have you tried my Cajun Shrimp Pasta or my Lemon Cilantro Shrimps or my Bang Bang Shrimp or Coconut Shrimp? Today, I have got another super easy and carefree recipe with Shrimps. I'm sure that we are all well versed with this recipe - The very Best Shrimp Scampi. I have served this with Spaghetti. However, you can serve this with Capellini or Angel Hair Pasta or even with Fried Rice.
This Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi used to be my go-to dish in any restaurant I visited. Today, I made it at home and loved it so much. It's such an easy recipe that the next time you order it again you might have to think again 🙂
Just 10 minutes and this Shrimp gets ready to perfection. And the best part about this is that drool-worthy sauce is made with White Wine, Loads of Garlic, and Lemon Zest!
Ingredients used to make Shrimp Scampi with Spaghetti
This Shrimp Scampi is made with all the ingredients which are always there in our Pantry. So you do not need to worry to run out to the grocery stores to make this dish. This will need-
- Olive Oil
- Red Chili Flakes or dried Red Chilis
- Shredded Garlic
- Lemon Juice & Zest
- White Wine
- Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- Parmesan Cheese
How to make Shrimp Scampi in 10 Minutes:
First, Devein the Shrimp using a deveiner and then toss it with olive oil, salt, and pepper, Heat a Skillet and sear the Shrimps until they get lightly caramelized on both sides. This should take about 3 minutes.
Second - Next, bring a pot of water to boil. Add less water so that it gets boiled quickly. Add some Olive oil to it and add the Spaghetti. As the Spaghetti comes to a quick boil, mix it well and strain off the water, using a colander.
Third - Now, make the sauce. Heat a skillet and add some Olive oil to it. As the oil begins to shimmer, add the chopped Shallots, sear them until it gets caramelized. Add the chopped garlic and lemon zest. Deglaze the Skillet with some White Wine. Add some vegetable broth and mix well.
Fourth - Add the Shrimps to it and smear it with the sauce.
Fifth- Serve this Shrimp Scampi over your cooked Spaghetti. Top with some more Lemon juice, Parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
Pro Tips to Make the Best Shrimp Scampi with Spaghetti:
- Use a good White Wine like pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc for authentic, deep, and intense flavors. If you do not have White Wine, then use cooking sherry or lemon juice as a replacement.
- Use Olive Oil - I always prefer to use Olive oil over butter. You can use a combination of both for better flavors and that buttery texture.
- Use Jumbo Shrimps - I think Prawns or Jumbo Shrimps works the best for this recipe. Here you do not have to cook the shrimps for long. All you need to do is sear the shrimps until it gets lightly caramelized.
Replacement for White Wine
If you are making without white wine, the closest you can reach with the taste is Lemon juice. However, use freshly squeezed lemon juice and not the stored one. Also, you can use Cooing Sherry, however, be wary of the amount you are using as this can easily overpower your dish.
I hope you liked this recipe of Shrimp Scampi with Spaghetti and shall make it soon. If you happen to make this recipe, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram. Also, comment below and rate this recipe.
10-Min Shrimp Scampi with Spaghetti
- 1 lbs Jumbo Shrimp Deveined
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 Medium sized Shallots chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic grated
- 2 small Cherry Tomatoes chopped
- 3 whole Dried Red Chilis Broken
- 3 tablespoon White Wine
- ¼ cup Vegetable Stock
- 3-4 big Basil Leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon Capers
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 5 oz Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan freshly grated
Making the Sauce for Shrimp Scampi
- Heat 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil in a pan. Add the Shallots. Caramelize the shallots until they turn golden brown. Lightly season with Salt and Pepper.
- Instead of adding minced garlic try adding grated garlic. Stir well over medium-low heat.
- Once the garlic disintegrates add chopped cherry tomatoes, chilies, and let the tomatoes get roasted. Clean the pan or de-glaze the pan with about 2-3 tablespoons of white wine. Put the heat to high and let the tomatoes get completely roasted.Now add Vegetable Stock or Chicken Stock or Fish Stock. Let it reduce completely in the pan.Add chopped basil leaves and some capers and stir well. Squeeze some Lemon Juice and your Sauce is ready. Keep it aside.
Prepare the Shrimps
- Lightly Season your Shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan. Add your shrimps. We should never over-sear our shrimp as it turns dry. Once the Shrimps have got a little golden brown color on one side, turn them over and sear the other side lightly. Once done, take it off the heat.
Prepare the Pasta
- In a saucepan heat some water with a touch of salt and olive oil.
- Once it comes to a boil add your pasta and cook it until al-dente. Once it is completely cooked, transfer them to a colander and drain the water.
- Take a plate. Add pasta on the bottom. Top it with Shrimps. Then pour the sauce on the top. Garnish with some grated parmesan and lemon zest. Enjoy.