Easy Pineapple Fried Rice in Pineapple Shell is creative and amazing summer dinner recipe. Just like this Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken with Sweet Pineapple Glaze and Shredded Hawaiian Chicken Sliders
It'll remind you of your favorite tropical holidays and transport you to a sunny beachside state of mind in a jiffy. Bright, colorful, and filled with summer flavors, this is a favorite and the best Summer fried rice recipe.
If you would ask me about my favorite tropical recipe then it would be this Pineapple fried rice served in a pineapple shell.
This dish is so tropical that you will literally feel like it's the early Summer months and you are sitting in a breezy beach-side restaurant eating this Pineapple fried rice with coconut shrimp curry and sipping on some cool summer tropical drinks.
I saw this idea of serving Pineapple Fried rice within a Pineapple in some TV Show and it was spectacular. You know, it was like I was getting tropical vibes from the TV itself.
Generally, people make Pineapple fried rice with Shrimp but, unfortunately, I didn't have shrimp while I was making this so, I just had to skip it. PS: please don't judge me!
If it makes you feel any better here are some Shrimp recipes that you can enjoy with this Pineapple fried rice. I know it won't be the same, but, I hope it will work.
Easy Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
So, this is basically an easy peasy fried rice with fresh pineapples. I generally prefer fresh pineapples rather than canned pineapples.
Not that, this can't be made with canned pineapples. But, choosing fresh pineapples helps me get the pineapple core or the pineapple body on which I wanted to serve my fried rice.
And secondly, I noticed the difference in using canned pineapples with fresh pineapples. The canned ones were really sweet but the fresh ones are not that sweet. Its a little tarty. The fresh pineapples were not that sweet, hence I had to add in a little sugar to balance the sourness.
Also, canned Pineapples are too soft to be stir-fried and then used in the fried rice. So, fresh Pineapple works the best here.
But, all in all, this Easy Pineapple Fried Rice in Pineapple Shell tastes amazing. In fact, I did not scoop out all of the Pineapple juices from the shell. This adds to the sweet and tarty flavors in the Pineapple fried rice.
Let's Talk about Taste
Medium-sized chunks of pineapples with cashews and some green beans and crunchy carrots provides this with a juicy sort of taste. I have also added some Pineapple juice which was oozing out from the pineapple while I was cutting chunks of it. I felt that the addition of Pineapple Juice brought a slightly sweetish taste in this fried rice recipe. I just love the juice. Many people wonder, what to do with the pineapple juice? Even if you are using canned Pineapples, you will have the storage solution in the can, you must definitely use some of that.
As you take a spoon of this tropical favorite recipe, you feel SO good. The pineapple chunks bring a juicy freshness to your palate.
While the crunchy green beans, cashew nuts, and carrots lend to a beautiful bite that makes the fried rice all the more appetizing.
Lastly, it is the simple humble flavors that make this fried rice stand out. Not much fuss. Not much effort. Easy peasy and simple.
How to Make Pineapple Cashew Fried Rice?
- First, cook rice. I generally prefer long grain rice while making fried rice. But, you are free to use any variety of rice. In case you want to make it healthy you can also make it with Brown rice or Wild rice or Cauliflower Rice.
- Second, if you are using fresh pineapple - which I always recommend - then check out my video and it will help you cut out pineapple chunks with ease.
- Lastly, make fried rice. In a pan, heat some oil, add some ginger paste (or minced garlic & ginger), and throw in some finely chopped red onions.
- As the onions get pinkish, add the dried spices and throw in some chopped veggies. I have used carrots and green beans. You may add anything you want.
- Finally, it's time to throw in the star of the show - Pineapples.
- Add the Pineapple chunks and finish everything off with the addition of cooked rice.
- Give all of that a good stir and add in some toasted cashews.
- Your Pineapple Fried rice is ready.
Some Innovative Ideas to give this recipe a different take
- You can add in some Shrimp. From the place where I learned this recipe, they always use Shrimp. If you want to make Authentic Thai Pineapple Fried rice then you might have to consider adding shrimp to make Asian Shrimp Fried Rice with Pineapple.
- You can add in some Chicken. In fact, Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice is a really popular recipe. The chicken pieces with chunks of Pineapples will taste absolutely YUM.
- You can make this with Wild Rice or Brown Rice or Cauliflower Rice. I am always up for a healthy twist to my food. I generally love making fried rice with brown rice. And, I am definitely gonna try making Brown rice Pineapple fried rice very soon. If you want to make it healthy, then quickly give this recipe a try.
- You can add some Bacon Bits. Once you have fried your bacon separately, try adding that to your fried rice; it will bring a crispy edge to your dish.
If you are making this recipe, then please tag me on Instagram with #recipemagik and also please provide a rating to this recipe and feel free to share your honest review in the comment box below. Wanna critic me, go ahead. PS: I am trying hard to sound sorta cool here! HAHA!
Easy Pineapple Fried Rice in Pineapple Shell
- 1 Large Pineapple Cut in Chunks (refer video to see how to cut) or use 1 can of Pineapple (drained)
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1 Medium-sized Red Onion roughly chopped
- 1 Medium-sized Tomato roughly chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Coriander Powder optional
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder can use Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt as per requirement
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Grounded Black Pepper
- 1 Medium-sized Carrot chopped in small cubes
- 4-5 Medium-sized Green Beans chopped in about 1/2 inch slices
- ½ Teaspoon Sugar you can also use brown sugar or Stevia or Coconut Sugar
- 10-12 small Cashew Nuts
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- Take a large Pineapple and slice it in half. Hold the other end with a towel so that the eyes of the pineapple don't hurt your hands.Take a knife and run it around the circle of the pineapple slice and then cut long slices then make chunks. Scooping out the first chunk will be hard, so apply some pressure with a spoon and then the pieces will come out easily. Refer to the video and you will know exactly how to make it.Scoop out the Pineapple chunks and don't throw away the pineapple shell.
- Take 2 cups of rice and cook it in the pressure cooker or instant pot with some water until completely done.
- In a non-stick pan, heat some oil and add ginger paste, garlic paste, Chopped Onions, Chopped Tomatoes, a pinch of salt, and a dash of pepper. Add dry spices like turmeric powder, red chili flakes, coriander powder, chili powder, and cook it thoroughly.Add the chopped veggies. If you want to add shrimps or chicken then add it right now. Add chopped pineapple chunks along with pineapple juice if you have it. Add some sugar if your pineapples are too sour or if you are using fresh pineapples that are sour.Add some cashew nuts. You can also dry roast the cashews separately and add them now.Lastly, add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Serve this fried rice in the Pineapple Shell and enjoy it.
Very tasty Pineapple Fried Rice recipe! So healthy and so full of flavors.