Maple Mustard Glazed Green Beans is a healthy and tasty Side dish recipe. This Dijon Maple Glazed Green Beans is a quick side dish that is perfect for Thanksgiving dinner or any other brunch or dinner party. Green Beans are sauteed with Butter, Garlic, Shallots, and glazed with a quick homemade Mustard Maple Sauce.
Hey friends! With Thanksgiving looming around the corner, I cannot seem to think of anything but side-dish recipes. When it comes to Thanksgiving recipes, I am all about the classics. Have you tried my Classic Apple Pie or my Sweet Potato Casserole or my Classic Sweet Potato Pie or my Old-Fashioned Pumpkin Pie or my Thanksgiving stuffing recipe or my Grandma's Apple Crumble
Green Beans are a tradition in our home. From Green Bean Ranch Potato Casserole to Green Bean Cheddar Casserole with Fall Spices to Garlic Butter Sauteed Green Beans with Parmesan, we love the greens in our home. Today I'll share with you guys this amazing and healthy Green Bean recipe, which is sauteed with garlic butter and glazed with a quick Dijon Mustard and Maple Sauce.
This Maple Mustard Glazed Green Beans will take your love for Green Beans to whole another level. Even if you hate Green Beans, you will love this recipe. These Green Beans are not your usual Green Beans - Bland and Boring. Rather, these are exciting and super delicious!
These Dijon Maple-Glazed Green Beans have become a favorite Green Bean recipe in my home. It's so special and unique. They are spicy, sweet, and tangy. It's such a simple and easy recipe and the best part about this recipe is that it takes just 10 minutes to make this.
I like to cook something different every year for Thanksgiving, aside from the classics, and gradually, they too add up to the list of family favorites. 🙂 This Maple Mustard Green Beans is one such recipe.
Ingredients needed to make Maple Mustard Green Beans
- Fresh Green Beans - I love to use Fresh Green Beans for this recipe. Trim the edges and then use them
- Butter - Just 2 tablespoon of Butter is needed to saute thee Green Beans
- Garlic - 5-6 cloves of minced Garlic
- Shallots - Shallots add tons of flavors to this Green Bean recipe. Alternatively, you can also use chopped Red Onions or White Onions.
- Dijon Mustard - I have used 1 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard to make this Maple Mustard Sauce
- Maple Syrup - I have used 2 tablespoon of Maple Syrup because I like this recipe sweet.
- Mayonnaise - 1 have used 1 tablespoon of Mayonnaise. I love the creamy taste and texture which Mayonnaise provides to this recipe.
- Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper for the seasoning.
How to make Maple Mustard Green Beans?
This Maple Mustard Green Beans involves just 3 basic steps and they get done in under 10 minutes.
The first step is to make the Maple Mustard Sauce
To make the Maple Mustard sauce, combine Dijon Mustard, Maple Syrup, and Mayonnaise in a bowl. Mix it and keep aside.
The second step is to cook the Green Beans
Take a pot of boiling water and add a pinch of salt to it. As the water boils, as the green beans, and after 2 minutes, take them out and throw them in a bowl of ice-cold water. This step is called shocking the green beans. This will ensure that your Green Beans are partially cooked and also the color of the Green Beans is intact.
The third step is to saute the Green Beans
Heat some butter in a Pan. As the Butter melts, add minced garlic and chopped shallots to the Pan. As the shallots get caramelized, add the Green Beans. Saute the Green Beans over medium-low flame for 2-3 minutes.
Add the Maple Mustard Sauce and mix well so that the Green Beans gets coated with the sauce.
Season with Salt and Freshly cracked Black Pepper. Also, add some Maple Syrup and Chili flakes for garnish. (This step is optional), however, I love the final drizzle of Maple Syrup. It just makes this so delicious. And of course that just complements the heat of the chili flakes 🙂
Take it out on a plate and serve hot!
How to make this recipe ahead of time?
To prep, this recipe, wash and pat dry the green beans. Trim off the edges. Also, chop the shallots and mince the garlic. Keep them in a zip-lock bag, in the fridge. This will stay fresh for up to 2 days.
You can also make the sauce ahead of time. Just make the sauce as per instructions and keep it in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator. This will stay fresh for up to 3-4 days.
How to use Fresh Green Beans
While the majority of us go for canned Green Beans, this recipe works the best with fresh Green Beans. You can get fresh Green Beans from the farmers market and they are especially good at this time of the year.
To use the green beans, take all the green beans on a chopping board and trim off the edges.
If you want, you can chop the Green Beans into halves.
Now, soak the Green Beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, transfer them to a bowl of ice-cold water. This will speed up the cooking process of the Green Beans.
After this, all you need to do is saute it with shallots and garlic, toss them with the Maple Mustard sauce and serve.
I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it soon.
If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Maple Mustard Glazed Green Beans
- 1.10 oz Fresh Green Beans 0.5 kg
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 5-6 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ cup Shallots chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes optional
For the Maple Mustard Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- To make the Maple Mustard sauce, combine Dijon Mustard, Maple Syrup, and Mayonnaise in a bowl. Mix it and keep aside.
- Trim the edges of the Green Beans. Bring a pot of water to boil with a pinch of salt. As the water boils, throw in the green Beans. After 2 min, take them out and immerse them in a bowl full of ice-cold water.
- Melt some butter in a skillet. As the butter melts, add the minced garlic. and the chopped shallots. As the Shallots caramelize, add the green beans. Just saute for 2 minutes over a medium-low flame.
- Add the Maple Mustard sauce over your sauteed Green Beans. Mix well so that the sauce coats the Green Beans. Take it out on a plate and serve.
- Take the Green Beans out on a plate, garnish with 1 teaspoon more of pure maple syrup and chili flakes. serve