Air Fryer Chicken Breast is a healthy and easy way to cook Chicken Breasts. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside these Air Fryer Chicken Breasts are totally worth it. Generally, when we want to cook chicken breasts, we choose the oven. Before you jump to the recipe, read the tips, and then go ahead.
Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
But, did you know that Chicken Breasts in Air Fryer are so much healthier? They taste better too. Try Spinach and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Air Fryer
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Most of the time we stay away from our Air Fryer because we are apprehensive about it. And, that is real. Trust me, I've been through that.
But, what kept me going was - curiosity. I kept on motivating myself to make new Air Fryer recipes every day.
And, eventually, I mastered it.
Today we'll be making Chicken Breasts in Air Fryer.
Ingredients Needed to Make Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
- Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Ground Cumin
- Cayenne Pepper
- Onion Powder & Garlic Powder
How to Cook Chicken Breasts in Air Fryer
Air Fried Chicken Breasts are juicy, tender, and perfectly crispy on the outside. Also, it makes cooking Chicken breasts so much easier. No preheating of the oven or oil splattering of the stove is required. A simple and quick way to cook air-fried chicken.
- STEP 1: Brush Chicken with Oil
The first step of the recipe is to pound your Chicken Breasts. Then Brush it with Oil. Make sure you use an oil with high smoke points such as Olive Oil or Avocado Oil.
- STEP 2: Season your Chicken Breasts
Make a basic seasoning with Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, and Ground Cumin.
Coat your Chicken Breasts with this homemade seasoning. If you want you can also use Cajun Seasoning or Ranch Seasoning Mix for other flavors.
- STEP 3: Cook in Air Fryer at 350 degrees F for 15-minutes
Place your Chicken in Air Fryer. Do not crowd your Air Fryer. Leave some gap between each chicken breast for the airflow. If you have to, then cook in batches.
STEP 4: Flip at the 7-8-minute mark
After 4-minute take out your Air Fryer Basket. Flip your chicken breasts and cook for another 7-8-minutes.
- STEP 5: Check the Temperature of Chicken with an Instant Read Thermometer
Use an Instant Read Thermometer and measure the Internal Temperature of your Chicken. It should reach 165 degrees F. Once done, serve with your favorite greens.
How long to cook Chicken breast in air fryer?
It takes about 15 min to cook chicken at 350 degrees F for perfectly crispy and juicy air-fried chicken breasts.
But you'll find more on that later in this blog post. See the detailed analysis on how long it takes to cook chicken breasts in an air fryer, depending on their thickness.
Tips on How to cook Chicken Breast in Air Fryer?
- Pound your Chicken - Make sure you pound your chicken breasts so that it cooks evenly.
- Brush Chicken Breasts with Oil - Brush or Spray your Chicken Breasts with oil. Do not use regular cooking spray as it can damage your Air Fryer. You can pour Avocado Oil or Olive Oil into a spray bottle and use it to spray onto your Chicken Breasts.
- No Need to Spray Oil in your Air Fryer Basket - There is no need to spray oil onto your Air Fryer basket since you've already greased your Chicken with oil.
- Cook Chicken in Batches - Do not add Chicken breasts on top of each other. Leave space between each chicken breast. And, if you have to, cook them in batches.
- Cook at 350 Degrees for 15 minutes: One of the significant mistakes of cooking Chicken in the Air Fryer is overcooking it. And that is how your Chicken will become dry.
- Flip at 7-8-minute: Open the Air Fryer basket after 7-minutes. Flip over your Chicken Breasts. And Cook for another 7-8-minutes.
- Check Temperature of Chicken with an Instant Read Thermometer - Instant Read Thermometers are great to find out if your Chicken is cooked or not. So, once your chicken is cooked, check the temperature of your chicken. If it reads 165 degrees F then it is perfectly cooked and ready to be eaten.
How long to cook frozen chicken breast in air fryer
It happens to all of us. We forget to take the chicken breast out of our freezer. It's not a problem. I am here to tell you how long to cook frozen chicken breast in air fryer so that you get juicy, tender chicken breast perfectly seasoned and can serve it in a billion different ways.
- Cooking chicken breast in air fryer takes just a few minutes more.
- The cooking time depends primarily on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Ideally, a frozen chicken breast that is 1 inch thick would need 15 minutes to cook in the Air Fryer.
- Make sure you turn them after 7 or 8 minutes to cook both sides perfectly.
How long to cook thin chicken breast in air fryer?
- If you are not using frozen chicken breast thinner than 1 inch, it should be cooked within 10 to 12 minutes.
- Here is a detailed guide on how long to cook chicken breast in air fryer depending on their thickness.
- 1/2 inch thick - 10 or 11 minutes.
- 1 inch thick - 15 to 16 minutes.
- 1 1/2 inch thick - 23 to 24 minutes.
- 2 inch thick - 30 to 31 minutes.
What Do I Serve this with?
You Can Serve your Air Fryer Chicken Breasts with the following:
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
Other Air Fryer Recipes you'll like:
- Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan (ZERO OIL)
- Tandoori Chicken Wings (in Air Fryer)
- Cajun Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Sticky Pork Belly Bites Recipe in Air Fryer
- Curry Fried Chicken (air fryer)
- Zucchini Pizza Bites in Air Fryer
- Bbq Cauliflower Wings In Air Fryer
- Simple Oven Roast Chicken Recipe (Air Fryer or Oven)
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Spinach and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Air Fryer
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see your marvelous creations.
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts | How long to cook Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
- 1-4 large Chicken Breast boneless, skinless with fats trimmed off
- 2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- chopped Parsley
- Pound the Chicken Breast: Pound Chicken Breasts using a Meat Tenderiser so that it cooks evenly.
- Brush Chicken Breasts with Olive Oil.
- Coat Chicken Breasts with seasoning - In a deep dish, combine Onion Powder, Garlic powder, Salt, Pepper, Ground Cumin, and Cayenne Pepper. Coat both sides of the Chicken breast with the seasoning.
- Air Fry Chicken Breasts: Place the Chicken Breasts in the Air Fryer basket. Cook @ 360°F(180°C), for 15 minutes. My chicken breasts were almost 1 inch thick. Therefore it took me 15 minutes to get them cooked. Flip after 7-8 minutes. Cook until the internal temperature of the Chicken reaches 165°F(78°C). Check using a Meat Thermometer.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
- Depending on the weight of your Chicken Breast, the cooking time will vary. An average 6oz breast will cook at 350°F for 12 minutes
- Similarly, an 8oz breast will cook at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- If your Meat Thermometer doesn't show 165°F at the mentioned time, then do the following-
- Cover the Chicken loosely with foil and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. It will continue cooking, and the juices will seep into the meat. After 10 minutes, retake the temperature, and it should reach 165°F.