These tasty Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are seriously the best thing on earth. The addition of spices in these cupcakes is what makes them taste so good.These Pumpkin Cupcakes are the best fall and Thanksgiving desserts. Also the creamy and tangy Cream Cheese frosting with extra cinnamon on top is so good. 😋
The cream cheese frosting looks really appetizing on the cupcakes and they taste amazing. Talking of Pumpkin and Cream cheese have you tried my Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins yet?
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes Recipe
When I think of Pumpkin Spice cupcakes, the first thing that comes to my mind is - It's gonna be a soft and moist pumpkin cupcake with a creamy, sweet, and little tarty cream cheese frosting.
You know I have added a little cinnamon in my cream cheese frosting, which has changed the color of this frosting drastically and has brought a beautiful nuttiness to my frosting.
When you think of cream cheese frosting, you look for something that's creamy, that's smooth and that's absolutely silky!
Making Cream cheese frosting can be quite tricky. It has taken me a while to master the art of making a perfect cream cheese frosting. Learn how to make the Best Cream Cheese frosting. It will go perfectly over cupcakes or cakes or loaf cakes etc.
Try these favorite desserts with Cream Cheese frosting
Anyhoo, If you are new at making Cream Cheese frosting, it will take you a while to master it. But, it's pretty easy. You will get there.
In case you are not into cream cheese frosting, you can make Pumpkin cupcakes with Maple buttercream frosting, or if you prefer you can make buttercream frosting as well! Don't forget the cinnamon though! 😀
😋 Let's Talk Taste
The Pumpkin cupcakes are perfectly moist since they have been made with oil instead of butter. They are super soft and fluffy. Just the way you want them to be.
Moreover, the addition of spices has made them even better. It has improved the texture and quality of these cupcakes drastically. You get a flavor of warm fall spices in every bite!
Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes with Spices
I love to add Cloves, Cinnamon, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and Nutmeg while making my Pumpkin cupcakes.
Though I have seen many people add Star Anise powder and some also prefer adding Allspice. But, while I am making this particular cupcake or Pumpkin Muffins, I generally prefer using these four spices.
I love the taste of Pumpkin Pie Spice. It brings a beautiful earthiness to my cupcakes. Besides that, it's a fall dessert, how can we not add nutmeg and cinnamon. right?
Both of them bring a sweetish sort-of nuttiness to my cupcakes. Makes the boring cupcakes, so special. You get a beautiful after-taste of cinnamon! 😋😋
And lastly, the addition of cloves leaves these cupcakes with so many flavors.
Cloves happen to be spicy in taste. And adding a small pinch Ground Clove in all of these makes the cupcakes taste real good.
It balances the sweetness of the cupcakes.
You know how when you are having too much sweet and your taste buds crave for something sour or spicy.
These cupcakes are a perfect balance of sweet, sour, and spice. And, the cinnamon cream cheese frosting on the top, makes things even better.
🎃 Gimme more Pumpkin Dessert Recipes 🥧
📝 How to Make Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting?
STEP 1: So, first of all, you will have to make your cupcake mixture.
For that start with the dry ingredients.
In this case, the dry ingredients are flour, baking soda and baking powder, some salt, and our spices.
STEP 2: Here we will add our Pumpkin Puree to the dry mixture.
Along with that, we'll add egg, vanilla, buttermilk, oil, and of course brown sugar.
I have preferred brown sugar as it has got molasses and is nutritious and brings a beautiful caramel flavor to my cupcakes.
You can also swap it with granulated sugar in case you don't have brown sugar at home.
STEP 3: After you've poured these filling in the cupcake liner and have put them to bake, make the Cream Cheese Frosting.
STEP 4: To make cream cheese frosting, take one brick of cream cheese, and add some sugar and vanilla. Beat it until you get stiff peaks.
STEP 5: Now just pipe it on the cooled cupcakes and your Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are ready.
💯 Top Tips to make the Best Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Don't Overbeat: Always make sure that you don't overbeat the mixture. Why? This is because flour contains gluten and when you overbeat it you create more gluten and you also sort of kill the small air pockets.
- The air pockets are necessary for the cupcakes to rise naturally when they go in the oven. So, when you overbeat the gluten it doesn't allow the remaining air pockets to rise.
- As a result, whatever air pocket is remaining has to apply a lot of pressure to release itself out, and hence you see the top ruptured like a volcano.
- Fill 2/3rd of the cup: Always make sure that you fill up to 2/3 rd of the cupcake liners. If you fill too much, it will spill over from the sides.
- Smoothen the top: Smoothen the top before you put them in the oven to get baked. This will make sure you have a proper cupcake.
- Don't Close the Oven Door too hard: When you close the oven door too hard, you actually kill the air pockets because of the vibration.
- Do not peek in while it is baking: I know it is tempting but don't peep. Let it get baked and then take them out. Because when you open the oven door to check, cold air goes in the oven and the cupcakes and it's not good for your cupcakes.
🙋♀️ How to make Buttermilk at home?
In case you haven't got buttermilk at home, no worries. All you have to do is take about 1/2 cup of milk and add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar to it. You can also add Apple cider vinegar.
It creates buttermilk which has a better and more intense texture. In fact, I have made buttermilk at home for this recipe with apple cider vinegar.
It moistens cupcakes.
🧊 How to Store any leftover Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting?
To store these Pumpkin cupcakes you will need to keep them in an air-tight container. Since this is cream cheese frosting you need to keep it in the fridge after two days.
Keeping them in an air-tight container will prevent air to dry them out. And even if you keep them in the fridge on the second day, it won't dry out, since you have kept them in an air-tight container.
🎃 LOOKING FOR MORE PUMPKIN DESSERTS INSPIRATION? TRY THESE RECIPES!
- Easiest Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Buttery Streusel Topping
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Scones with Maple Glaze
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Canola Oil
- ¼ Cup Buttermilk see blog post on how to make it at home
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese use double the quantity of butter and sugar
- 4 Ounces Butter
- 2 Cup Powdered Sugar must use exactly the same quantity as butter
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon sprinkle on top
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice together.Into that add canned Pumpkin Puree along with light brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and oil.Make a smooth lump-free batter and pour it in the muffin tins lined with cupcake liners. Smooth out the top with a spoon.
- Bake these cupcakes in a preheated oven for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- While the Cupcakes are baking in a small bowl take butter and sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add cream cheese brick along with vanilla. Beat using a handheld electric mixture or a stand mixture fitted with a paddle attachment for just 2-3 minutes on low speed until it thickens and you see stiff peaks.
- Once the cupcakes are baked, transfer them to a wire rack and let them come to room temperature for about 15-minutes.Take your frosting in a piping bag. choose your favorite nozzle and do the frosting on these cupcakes.Sprinkle ground cinnamon on these cupcakes. Enjoy!
- Read the blog post to learn how to refrigerate these cupcakes safely.
- Read the blog post to learn how to make homemade buttermilk.