Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream Frosting is the best Fall and Thanksgiving Cupcake. It's super easy to make. These Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are as good as their favorite counterpart - Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. However, there is something so festive about buttercream, and that's why I love to use it especially for thanksgiving.
These Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are the only cupcakes that you should be baking this season. These cupcakes are moist and fluffy. Also, the buttery Maple Buttercream frosting is just so delicious.
Hey friends! Happy Thanksgiving! So, today being Thanksgiving eve, I thought of baking these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream frosting for all of you. These cupcakes are so delicious. They have the perfect fall flavors. Considering that it already started to snow before Thanksgiving last night, I think these will probably be the last Pumpkin spice cupcakes for the season. However, have you tried my Pumpkin Spice Scones or Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino or Pumpkin Blondies with Maple Glaze or Pumpkin Spice Bread or Autumn Spiced Pumpkin Cake or Pumpkin spiced Bread Pudding?
These Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are extremely delicious. These cupcakes are so good that you will fall in love with these babies.
Also, the Maple Buttercream frosting is probably the best frosting ever for Pumpkin spice cupcakes. It's so sweet and delicious. You can also top with some toasted chopped pecans.
Why you should bake these Cupcakes?
These Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are amazing because these are-
- Fall Spiced
- Sweet and Delicious
- Easy to make
How to make Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes?
Below I'll briefly walk you through the recipe.
To make the Pumpkin Spice cupcakes, first, combine the dry ingredients - Flour, Baking Soda, Baking powder, and the spices - Ground Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, Pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Whisk all of these.
Next, add the wet ingredients. Pour in the Vegetable Oil, Eggs, Pumpkin Puree, Vanilla Extract, Brown Sugar and Granulated Sugar. Combine everything using a wooden spoon or spatula. You do not even need to use a stand mixer or hand mixer for this step. Combine until mixed. The cupcake batter should be thick.
Pour this in your lined muffin tin and bake the cupcakes for 20 min at 350F or 180C. After the cupcakes are baked, cool it down to room temperature and then do the frosting.
How to make Maple Buttercream Frosting?
In a stand mixer or hand mixer add the melted sticks of unsalted butter, maple extract, and maple syrup. Beat over low speed for 1 minute.
Next, add the Confectioners Sugar and beat over low speed for 1 minute or until the sugar dissolves. Slowly, increase the speed to high and beat on high speed for 4-5 minutes, or until the butter and sugar combine together and get light and fluffy. Scrape the sides after every 30 or 45 seconds and beat again.
After 5 min, your Maple Buttercream frosting shall be ready. Take a Piping Pag, snip the edge, and fix your favorite nozzle in it. Take up the frosting in Piping Bag and do the frosting over your pumpkin spice cupcakes.
Decorate the Cupcake frosting with some Cinnamon Sugar, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and half a stick of Cinnamon. Enjoy!
See, isn't his just the easiest ever recipe. This is such a delicious cupcake recipe and I love its flavors. This Pumpkin Spice Cupcake goes especially great with my Pumpkin Latte. I just love this one for the holidays. It's got such great flavors. I bake this all Autumn long and tastes so delicious.
I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Frosting
Dry ingredients for the Cupcake
Wet ingredients for the cupcakes
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar 100gm or 3.55oz
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar 200gm or 7.5 oz
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree 8.5 oz or 240gm
For the Maple Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter 2 sticks
- 2 cup Confectioner's Sugar 402gm or 14.2
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Maple Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C. Grease a Muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil and line with cupcake liners.In a mixing bowl, sift together, All-Purpose Flour with Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and all the spices - Ground Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, and Pumpkin Pie Spice. Add the salt and whisk well.
- In another large bowl, whisk together Brown Sugar, Granulated Sugar, Vegetable Oil, Eggs, Pumpkin Puree, and Vanilla Extract. Add this to your flour mixture and mix until combined. You can mix in your stand mixer or just combine using a wooden spatula. The Cupcake batter will be thick.
- Pour the Batter into the lined muffin tin. Evenly spread the batter with the back of a spoon or spatula. Bake these cupcakes for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.Once the cupcakes are baked, get them out from the muffin tin and place on a wire rack, and allow it to cool down to room temperature for 10-minutes.
- In a stand mixer add the softened sticks of butter. Add the Maple Extract and Maple Sugar and mix until they get combined. Now add the Sugar and beat on low speed until the sugar gets dissolved. Next, increase the speed to high and beat until it gets smooth and creamy. Scrape the edges and the bottom using a rubber or silicone spatula and beat until it gets light, creamy and fluffy. Take the frosting up in a piping bag. Snip the edge. Insert a nozzle of your choice. If you don't have one, go ahead and skip it. Place the piping bag in a glass. Scoop out the Maple Buttercream Frosting from the Bowl and pour it into the piping bag. Push the frosting down and lightly twist the top to seal it.
- Do the frosting over the cupcakes. Start frosting from the edge and go around in circular motion, until you reach the top. Just when you're done, pinch and release the frosting bag from the top for a smooth finish. Top with more Maple Syrup and some Cinnamon Sugar. Push in a Cinnamon stick into the frosting on the side and serve.
- You can also make Maple Cream Cheese frosting. For that use one 8oz cream cheese brick in place of the butter. Rest all the ingredients and steps shall remain the same.
Making Ahead Instructions:
- You can make the cupcakes ahead of time and keep them in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Before you serve, you can do the frosting and then serve them.
- The Maple Buttercream frosting also can be made ahead of time. You can make it and keep it in an airtight container and pop it in the refrigerator. This can be used for up to a week. Before you use it, keep it on the counter and allow it to come to room temperature.
- To make Vegan, replace Butter with Vegan Butter