Healthy Breakfast cookies made with Zucchini and Oatmeal with creamy, sweet, and thick Cream Cheese frosting on top, Zucchini Cookies are seriously the best cookies for summer. These are healthy Breakfast cookies that kids will love to snack on all day long. Also, these Zucchini Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting are eggless and get ready in just 15 minutes from scratch.
Don't let the summers pass away without making these Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips.
I just love these Zucchini Cookies. You can have this healthy veggie and still enjoy the cookies. In fact, this is one of the best ways to get the kids to eat their veggies. It's super healthy but tastes super good and flavorful.
I like to add a hint of ground Cinnamon to the Zucchini Cookies and it just gives these cookies the perfect spiced taste which is sooo amazing! 🥰
When you have plenty of Zucchini growing at home, you need to figure out a creative way to use them up. And what's better to use them than use them in your regular baking or dinner needs. Have you tried my
- Zucchini and Bell Pepper Tacos
- Vegan Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Eggplant and Zucchini Lasagna (Crockpot)
- Crockpot Zucchini Baked Ziti (Low Carb)
- Parmesan Zucchini Fries in Air Fryer
- Lemon Zucchini Pasta
- Baked Zucchini Casserole (KETO)
- KETO Zucchini Meatballs (No Breadcrumbs)
- Keto Quinoa Zucchini Muffins - (No Flour, No Sugar, No Oats)
- Low Carb Zucchini Carrots Tater Tots
- Savory Cheddar Zucchini Bread With Thyme Butter
- Low Carb Keto Zucchini Fritters without Flour
- Keto Bang Bang Zoodles
I love to bake cookies at least once a week. And what's better than using Zucchini for morning breakfast cookies? These are so healthy and the kids do not even notice the green specs...! Yes, I do a great job in hiding the Zucchini.
😋 Let's talk taste
These cookies taste nothing like Zucchini. in fact, all you can taste is a little crunch of the veggie. It's sweet and chewy because of the rolled Oats and of course, has the perfect spiced taste to it because of Ground Cinnamon...! Sooo good! Will remind you of your Nana!😊
- Zucchini (shredded)
- AP Flour
- Rolled Oats
- Baking Powder
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Kosher Salt
- Unsalted Butter (softened)
- Vanilla Extract
FOR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Cream Cheese
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: SHRED THE ZUCCHINI
- This is the first step of using Zucchini in desserts. You got to shred it. So use a box grater and shred the Zucchini. Use a kitchen towen to squeese out all the excess moisture from the shredded Zucchini and keep it aside.
STEP 2: BEAT THE WET INGREDIENTS
- Take the Softened Butter, Brown Sugar, Shredded Zucchini and Vanilla Extract in a mixing bowl and beat using a hand held mixer or stand mixer until combined though.
STEP 3: STIR IN THE DRY INGREDIENTS
- Stir in the Rolled Oats, AP Flour and Baking powder
- Fold until combined though
- Scoop out a tablespoon size of the cookie dough and place in a parchement paper lined baking dish
- Bake @350F or 180C for 11-12 min
- After the Cookies get baked, allow them to cool down in the hot baking dish for 5 minutes, and then transfer them to the cooling wire rack.
STEP 4: MAKE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Beat Cream Cheese with Vanilla Extract and Granulated Sugar
- Beat until it combines and gets creamy
- Slather over the baked cookies and serve!
Remember to cool down the cookies completely to room temperature, before adding the cream cheese frosting on top, or else, the frosting will melt.
💡 Hint: I like to dust some Ground Cinnamon on top of the frosted Zucchini Cookies for that perfect spiced taste which feels like the holidays...😋☺️
Here are some possible substitutions in this recipe
- Apple Sauce - Instead of Butter, you can use Apple sauce. It will make these cookies healthier.
- Gluten Free Baking Flour - use gluten free Baking Flour instead of AP Flour or Oats Flour to make these Cookies Gluten Free.
- Eggs - For a rich taste and texture, add eggs in the cookie dough.
- Vegan - To make Vegan Zucchini Cookies, replace Brown Sugar with Agave and Butter with Applesauce. You can also replace Cream Cheese with Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese or Tofu Sour Cream.
You can easily store these cookies for long. You can store them in an air-tight bag or double wrap individual cookies with cellophane and freeze them for 3 months. Thaw them overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
🍪 OTHER BREAKFAST COOKIES RECIPES
- Blueberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Vegan | GF) (just 4 ingredients)!
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookies with White Chocolate Hearts
- Eggless-Flourless Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- Brown Butter Pecan Cookies
- Salted Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Healthy Double Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
- Chai Spiced Oatmeal Cookies
Zucchini Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1½ cup AP Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon Unsalted Butter softened
- 1½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Shredded Zucchini
- 2 cups Dark Brown Sugar packed
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon to dust on top
- Preheat the oven to 350F (OR 180C). Line a cookie baking dish with parchment paper. Trim off the tip and stem of the Zucchini. Shred the zucchini using a box grater. Use a kitchen towel and firmly squeese to get rid of all the moisture from the Zucchini. Keep this shredded Zucchini aside in a bowl.
- Now, take a mixing bowl. Throw the softened butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and shredded Zucchini in it. Use a handheld mixer to beat this until combined through. Beat until the sugar and butter are combined thoroughly.
- Add the Rolled Oats, AP Flour, Baking Soda, and Kosher Salt to the wet mixture. Fold until combined. The cookie dough should not be wet. It should be absolutely dry. Freeze the cookie dough for 15 minutes or refrigerate for 1 hour before use.
- Now, scoop out one tablespoon size cookie dough and place it on a lined baking dish. Bake these zucchini cookies @ 350F for 11 to 12 minutes. (After the cookies get baked, allow them to stay in the same hot baking dish for 5 more minutes. After that, transfer to a wire rack for even cooling. Cool the cookies down to room temperature.
- In a bowl, beat Cream Cheese, Granulated Sugar, and Vanilla Extract. Beat until it gets light, creamy, and fluffy. Spoon this cream cheese frosting over the cooled Zucchini Cookies. Sprinkle some ground cinnamon over the cookies and serve.