Healthy Brownies are a thing now and when you have Zucchini Brownies, its just the best. These Flourless Zucchini Brownies, taste nothing like Zucchini. In fact they are exceptionally decadent and chocolaty!
A perfect summer treat when you need a recipe for quick Healthy Brownie, you will love these Zucchini Brownies.
Super fudgy Zucchini Brownies are the healthiest Brownies ever. They are so easy to make and no one will ever know that it has Zucchini inside!
I love Brownies. In fact, its one of my favorite desserts. I add Veggies to my dessert pretty often. Have you tried my Zucchini Cookies with Cream Cheese frosting or Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips.
Zucchini is one such veggie which is tasteless and is mostly just water. So it makes for a perfect addition to desserts.
Sneak it into your desserts and no one will ever know about it.
My Mom's Zucchini Brownies
This recipe of Zucchini Brownies is actually my Moms. She really makes the best Zucchini Brownies.
In fact, for many years I never even knew that she was sneaking in Zucchini into these brownies which was a common affair, especially during the Summer holidays while growing up.
One day when she told me, I was very irritated as to why would she sneak in veggies into something as decadent as a dessert.
But today when I am a Mom, I realized that its only because its the best way to get kids eat some veggies! Right!
Soon I got the recipe from my Mom and its just the best. Its pretty incredible how this is one recipe which I make so often and every time I bake these incredible Zucchini Brownies, I feel like I am so close to her.
Flourless Zucchini Brownies
I use Coconut Flour in place of All Purpose Flour to make these Flourless Zucchini Brownies. Its pretty easily available and is gluten free and healthier.
Also Flourless Zucchini Brownies are fudgier than regular brownies. This is because it has less flour to fat ratio and the more fat which is oil or butter or sugar, the fudgier brownies.
- Coconut Flour - this makes these Zucchini brownies gluten free and flourless
- Baking Powder - acts as a leavening agent, helps Brownies rise and get shape. Use GF Baking Powder
- Cocoa Powder - I use unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder.
- Vanilla Extract - perfect for a chocolaty dessert
- Brown Sugar & Granulated Sugar - I use both these sugars for greater sweetness and stability in the brownies
- Zucchini - I grate the Zucchini using a box grater and squeeze out the excess water in a colander, using a kitchen towel
- Kosher Salt - a pinch of Salt
- Olive Oil - I use Olive Oil because Oil gives the best shape to Brownies.
- Chocolate Chips - I use white chocolate chips. You can use Dark Chocolate Chips or nuts of your choice or shredded Coconut as well.
- White Vinegar and Greek Yogurt - I use these tow as a replacement for eggs. It acts as a leavening agent, gives shape and structure to the brownies and also helps them rise.
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Zucchini Brownies
Zucchini Brownies are actually really easy to make. Its simply just mixing everything and baking. You get perfect brownies in just 35 min. Super easy to make and just extremely delicious.
Combine Coconut Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and Cocoa Powder in a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
Grate the Zucchini using a box grater. Now transfer to a colander with a dish below it and squeeze out the excess water from the Zucchini using a clean kitchen towel. Set aside.
Add grated Zucchini, Sugar, Vanilla Extract and Oil. Fold until combined. (You do not have to add milk or water to combine. However if its to dry add some water until combined through)
Transfer to a baking dish. Bake for 35 min.
Once baked, allow the brownies to cool down for 10 min before you cut and serve.
Remember to cool down the flourless Zucchini brownies for at least 10 min before you cut them and serve.
Allow the Zucchini Brownies to stay in the hot baking dish. The heat from the dish gives structure to the brownies.
Hint: These Zucchini Brownies require no eggs or butter or milk. If your Zucchini is old and dry you might want to mix in some milk or water to make the brownie batter.
The brownie batter will NOT be like regular brownies. It should be THICK
The best Healthy Vegan Brownies
These Zucchini Brownies are Vegan, only if you replace Sugar with Maple Syrup or Coconut Sugar. Also these are so easy to make and so healthy.
Fun Variations to Zucchini Brownies
- Protein - instead of Flour, use chocolate flavored or vanilla flavored Protein Powder to make Protein Zucchini Brownies.
- Keto - To make Keto Zucchini Brownies, just swap out Sugar and replace with Keto Sweetener like Keto Maple Syrup
- Add ins - You can add Dark Chocolate Chips or chopped nuts of your choice or shredded Coconut to these Zucchini Brownies
- Frosting - Zucchini Brownies with frosting taste A-mazing. You can add a Chocolate ganache frosting or Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting on top.
How to Store Leftover Zucchini Brownies
Refrigerate: Store leftover Zucchini Brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can refrigerate these Brownies for upto a week.
Freeze: Store leftover Zucchini Brownies in an airtight container in the freezer. You can easily freeze Zucchini Brownies for upto 3 months.
Reheat - the easiest way to reheat Zucchini Brownies is to allow them to thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven before serving.
Are Zucchini Brownies Healthy?
Yes. adding Zucchini to Brownies make them ten times healthier. Its a great way to include Zucchini in your diet.
Do you peel Zucchini for baking?
No. Simply grate the Zucchini using a box grater or chop into chunks and pulse in a food processor before using Zucchini for baking.
Can I use Brownie Mix to make Zucchini Brownies
Yes of course. Simply add grated Zucchini to Brownie mix. Add water or milk as per your requirement to bring everything together and bake.
What makes a Brownie more fudgy?
Fudgy Brownies have more Fat ratio that Flour. In this case add more Oil to make Fudgy Zucchini Brownies.
Top Tips to make the Best Zucchini Brownies! Will Knock Your Socks Off!
- Grate the Zucchini using a boxx grater or pulse using a food processor
- Soak out the moisture from Zucchini using a kitchen towel in a colander
- If you don't want to make flourless use AP Flour
- You can replace Coconut Flour with Almond Meal or Oats Flour
- Add a frosting of your choice
- Allow the Brownies to cool down for atleast 10-15 min before you cut in
More Flourless Dessert Recipes
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Flour Brownies (Vegan | GF)
- Healthy Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes with Almond Flour
- Almond Flour Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- Vegan Almond Flour Brownies
- Fudgy Oatmeal Brownies (Vegan | GF)
- Flourless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Eggless-Flourless Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- Healthy Double Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
- 3-Ingredients Flourless Oreo Banana Cake
The Best Zucchini Brownies ever (Flourless Zucchini Brownies)
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- 1 cup Coconut Oil can use Almond Butter or Peanut Butter same quantity
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 medium sized Zucchini grated
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips Dark or White
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ¾ cup Packed Light Brown Sugar can replace with Coconut Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vegan Greek Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon White Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and grease the baking dish with non stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, Whisk together Coconut Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder and Kosher Salt. Set aside.
- Add the grated Zucchini, Coconut Oil, Vanilla Extract, Granulated Sugar, Brown Sugar and Chocolate Chips to the dry ingredient mixture. Fold until combined. (if the brownie batter is too dry you can add some water or milk and fold until combined)
- Transfer this brownie batter to the lined baking dish. Top with some more Chocolate Chips and bake for 35 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the Zucchini Brownies to cool in the baking pan for 5-10 min before you cut and serve.