Since it's World Chocolate Day today, here's the best and easiest Chocolate dessert recipe - the ever-popular Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting is a dense, moist, and soft cupcake. It has gooey chocolate filling on the inside. The frosting is made with Cream Cheese, Oreo crumbs, Condensed Milk, and Melted Chocolate. It's smooth, buttery, creamy and so chocolaty! These Chocolate Cupcakes make for the best desserts be it for birthdays or for any special occasions at home or in the neighborhood or in schools. This is my favorite go-to recipe for school meetings, neighbor plate treat, or small get-togethers at home! You should definitely try this recipe! I don't think there is anyone in this world who doesn't love chocolate, In fact, if you do not love chocolate, I sure do judge you! 🙂
These are moist and soft Chocolate Cupcakes without Cocoa Powder. I have used melted dark chocolate, chocolate chips, and butter which makes these Chocolate Cupcakes extra chocolaty and fudgy!
Also, these are beaten with just a silicone spatula, so you can keep your handheld mixer or stand mixer in the cabinet for this recipe.
In fact, the secret to moist cupcakes is to not overbeat your cupcake batter. If your cupcake batter is lumpy and sticking to the edge of your spatula, this will make sure that you have moist and fluffy cupcakes. They rise to perfection within 5 minutes and are totally soft and gooey from inside making it extremely moist and delicious.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese OREO Frosting
Hello folks! Today is a special day at my house. Besides being World Chocolate Day which I'm totally celebrating because you guys know my love for Chocolate, today is the birthday of my brother. Although we stay far, it still feels so festive today! So, today I thought of baking some cute and adorable Chocolate Cupcakes. The frosting is that of Cream Cheese, Crushed Oreos, Melted Dark Chocolate, and Condensed Milk.
I made these Chocolate Cupcakes without Cocoa Powder and without Eggs. These Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes are super moist and fluffy and you won't even realize that I have not used Eggs. The replacement for Eggs is Yogurt and Vinegar. If you do not have white Vinegar, just Yogurt and milk will work just fine. Or else you can also use buttermilk in place of Yogurt and Vinegar.
What I love about these Chocolate Cupcakes is that they are so moist and chocolaty! The combination of Cream Cheese and Oreos is something which I love personally, Top that with some sweet condensed milk and some melted dark chocolate - oh wow! The perfect balance of bitter and sweet! Just how I love my Chocolate Cupcake frosting!
These Chocolate Cupcakes are made without Cocoa Powder. Cocoa Powder in large amounts is harmful to our body because it contains caffeine. So, I have used a Melted Chocolate mixture to flavor my cupcakes. I have melted Unsweetened Chocolate Chips with some Salted Butter and a brick of Dark Chocolate. When my melted chocolate mix was ready, I cooled it down to room temperature and poured it into my cupcake batter.
This increased the moisture in my cupcake batter accounting for the moist and fluffy cupcakes!
Other variations to this recipe
- You can make this with gluten-free flour such as Coconut Flour.
- You can use Coconut oil instead of butter in this recipe for a vegan version.
- You can replace Yogurt and Milk with 2 whole Eggs.
- To make Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting, use 2 Cups of Oreo Crumbs in place of flour.
So, that was all about this easy and comforting Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting recipe. It's so delicious and so amazing! One of the best chocolate desserts in the world which I love the most and you'll love it too.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Oreo Frosting
- 1½ Cup AP Flour
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Cup Melted Butter
- ¾ Cup Milk
- ½ teaspoon Yogurt
- ½ tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Chocolate Chips
- 100 gm Dark Chocolate
OREO Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- ½ Cup Oreo Crumbs
- 3 tablespoon Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 tablespoon Dark Chocolate melted
Making Chocolate Cupcakes
- Mix flour, granulated sugar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder with a whisk.
- Add Milk, Yogurt, Vanilla Essence, and Melted Butter. Mix it well until you have a lumpy cupcake batter ready.
- Melt Dark Chocolate, Butter, and Chocolate Chip in a non-stick pan over low flame. You can also melt in the microwave. Keep stirring at 30-second intervals. Add this in the cupcake batter.
- Mix everything well and pour in in a lined muffin tin with ice cream scoop. Even out the top with an offset spatula. Bake at 350°F or 180°C for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Making Chocolate Cream Cheese Oreo Frosting
- Use a Food Processor or a blender to make oreo crumbs.
- Mix Cream Cheese, Oreo Crumbs, Melted dark chocolate, and sweetened condensed milk. Prepare a piping bag with the icing and use your choice of a nozzle for the icing.
- Once the cupcakes are baked, it is super important that you cool them down. Keep it in the blast chiller to speed up the cooling process or let them cool down at room temperature under the fan.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled down completely, use your piping bag to do the frosting. Make any sort of decoration you want. Or if you want to do it like me, then go around the circumference of the cupcake liberally. Hold the piping bag with two hands exerting an even amount of pressure throughout the process. Go over the layers until you reach the top and while releasing just press it down gently and lift it up rapidly. Watch the video for a better understanding.ENJOY!
Ask Me Anything