Pink Velvet Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting is a moist, soft, dark, chocolaty cupcake with a rich, creamy, and slightly tangy Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting. Its just the best dessert for Valentine's Day.
Imagine presenting these Pink velvet cupcakes to your friends when you host a party? Or imagine sending them over to your Neighbors, or imagine enjoying this with your Boyfriend or Husband on Valentine's Day? Isn't it going to be Romantic? I bet it is!
Talking about Valentine's Day, what are your plans for this year? Are you guys going out for dinner?
Actually, since most of the restaurants are prebooked, why don't you celebrate your date at home? You guys can make this Date night Fra Diavolo. And, then you could serve some Valentine's Day Desserts such as this Strawberry Cheesecake Cups or these Heart-Shaped Brownies or these Valentine's Day Sugar Cookie Bars with Heart M&Ms
What is Pink Velvet?
I know, I know, I know.
You are wondering, what on earth is Pink Velvet. right?
Well, we've all heard about Red Velvet.
And, I thought, if there can be Red Velvet, why can't there be Pink Velvet. right?
After all, what is Red Velvet?
It's Dark, Chocolaty and Red!
And, this Pink Velvet is just the same.
This is loaded with Chocolate but, it's Pink. That's the only difference!
What is Pink Velvet Flavor?
Pink Velvet Flavor is basically Vanilla Flavor with Pink color. However to jazz things up a bit I have included Strawberries to make Pink Velvet Cream Cheese Frosting.
Is Pink Velvet better than Red Velvet?
It truly depends on your taste buds. If you love rich, dark and chocolaty cupcakes, Red Velvet Cupcakes are for you.
Pink Velvet Cupcakes are Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting.
How to Make Pink Velvet Cupcakes?
- Make Dark Chocolate Cupcakes: In a bowl combine Dry Ingredients - Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, and Cocoa Powder. Whisk well and add wet ingredients.
- The Wet Ingredients you'll need are Granulated Sugar, Oil, and milk.
- Bake Cupcakes: Scoop a small portion of the batter and place it in a muffin tin lined with parchment paper. Bake these cupcakes for at least 15-minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean.
- Cool down the Cupcakes: It is super important that you cool down your Cupcakes completely before you do the frosting.
- Make Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting: In a bowl combine Cream Cheese and Butter at medium speed until light and fluffy. Into that add some Strawberry Extract and a drop of pink food color. If you don't want to add Pink food color, you can just add blended Strawberries. If your Strawberries are sweet, you do not have to add sugar while blending or else, add some granulated sugar and then blend the Strawberries.
Secrets to make Pink Velvet Cupcakes:
These secrets will help you bake the best Pink Velvet Cupcakes. All you have to do is just follow these tips.
- Use Oil instead of Butter: According to my experience, when you use Oil instead of butter, the cupcake becomes moist.
- Do not over beat Cupcake batter: One of the worst mistakes while making Cupcakes is over beating the batter. Keep in mind, that you are only supposed to beat it until it combines.
- Sieve the Dry Ingredients: Sometimes when we do not sieve our dry ingredients we are left with small lumps. These lumps don't let the cupcake rise. So for best results make sure you sieve the dry ingredients.
- Cool Down the Cupcakes before Frosting: Before you do the frosting on the cupcakes, ensure that the cupcakes have cooled down completely, or else your frosting will fall off the cupcake.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
Chocolate and Strawberries are an excellent combination. I have used this combo to make recipes like Chocolate covered Strawberries, Nutella Strawberry Crepes, Chocolate Strawberry Brownies, and today, I have used Strawberry Cream Cheese frosting over Dark Chocolate Cupcakes.
- Beat Cream Cheese and Unsalted Butter until light and fluffy.
- Into that add Strawberry Extract, Pink Gel Food Coloring, and Granulated Sugar. Whisk well until you see stiff peaks.
- If you don't have Pink Food Color, you can chop fresh strawberries and keep them in a saucepan with some water and sugar. Allow it to form a jam on medium-low heat and then use it for your recipe.
Other Recipes you might like:
- Moist Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting - Reader's Favorite Recipe!
- No-Bake Mini Strawberry Mousse Cups - Easy, peasy and So much Fun!
- Strawberry Yogurt Parfait - Creamy and Comforting.
- Strawberry Pie Cream Cheese Muffins - Drool-worthy Recipe!
- Strawberry Lemon Tartlets – No Flour | Gluten Free - When Healthy Meets Tasty!
- Strawberry Cookies with White Chocolate Chips - The Brilliant combination of White Chocolate and Strawberries.
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, please take a snap and share it on Instagram. Let us know how it turned out by tagging us @recipemagik with #recipemagik.
Pink Velvet Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¾ Cup All-Purpose Flour 95grams (spooned & leveled)
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder 45 grams
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar 200grams
- ½ Cup Buttermilk Make at home: 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Juice (7.5ml) + 1/2 cup of milk (112ml)
- ⅓ Cup Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter softened to room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Strawberry Extract
- 1½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Drop Pink Gel Food Color or use Freshly sliced Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl sieve the dry ingredients. Whisk lightly using a wired whisk.
- Add in wet ingredients and stir well with a wooden or rubber spatula just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Use an Ice Cream Scoop to scoop out some portion of the cupcake batter. Place them in the cupcake liner up to 3/4 of the cavity. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow them to cool down completely before frosting.
- Make Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting. In a bowl combine Cream Cheese and butter. Whisk until it is light and fluffy. Add in Strawberry Extract, Pink Gel Food Color, and Granulated Sugar. Whisk well until you see stiff peaks. Take your favorite nozzle. Put it in a piping bag. Pour your Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting in the piping bag. Snip the edge and frost the cupcakes as per your choice.
- Make Ahead Instructions: You can bake the Cupcakes 1 day ahead and keep the frosting tightly wrapped in the refrigerator. You can thaw it out before serving and then frost the cupcakes right before serving.
- Make Homemade Buttermilk: Make Buttermilk at home by combining 1/2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice with 1/2 Cup Milk. Or else, combine 1/2 Tablespoon White Vinegar with 1/2 Cup Milk. Stir lightly. Let it sit at room temperature and then use it in your recipe.
- Use Fresh Strawberries for Strawberry Cream Cheese frosting: Instead of Pink Food Color, feel free to use Fresh Strawberries. Chop Strawberries and add them to a saucepan over medium heat with sugar and few splashes of water. Stir frequently so that it doesn't burn. Allow it to thicken and come to a jam-like consistency. This takes about 20-30 minutes.