Get ready to bite into a world brimming with spices, the sweetness of the carrot and of course the creamy cream cheese frosting. There will be a blast of flavors in your mouth, the moment you take the first bite of this homemade Eggless Super moist Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Easter is almost here. And, for me, the best way to celebrate Easter is by baking some spiced carrot cakes. However, I didn't have any eggs at my home. So, I made an Eggless Spiced Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I tell you, that when you make this recipe, you just can't tell that it has got no eggs. I have used thick yogurt and vinegar instead.
Honestly, the thing about these creamy, moist and soft carrot cakes is that - I do not need any special occasion to make it or have it. Hence, I bake it quite often. But, I always make sure that I bake my spiced carrot cake at home. I don't like to buy these babies and as a baker, I can say, that It tastes far better when I actually bake it at my home. And, my husband totally agrees with me on this.
So, yesterday was a usual Sunday and both of us had a really long week. Hence, I decided to make a spiced carrot cake at my home. And, within an instant, it spiced up our mood. We sat with this cake and watched the Super Bowl game without worrying about anything in the world.
Eggless - Spiced Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
How to Make Super Moist Spiced Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
To make Super moist Carrot Cake, you need to first prepare your wet Ingredients which are Brown Sugar, Granulated Sugar and Oil. I used Oil because Oil makes the cake very moist and gives it a denser taste than Butter. Now add 1/2 Cup of Condensed Milk and a teaspoon of Fresh Vanilla Essence to give your cake that wonderful Vanilla flavor and fragrance. Lastly pour 1/2 cup of thick greek yoghurt and 1 teaspoon of Vinegar since we are not using Eggs. ( If you are using Eggs you can just skip the Yoghurt and Vinegar and use 4 whole Eggs).
Now, we will have to quickly whisk the Wet ingredients. Now, you do not need to overmix this. Just whisk for a minute or two, until the elements combine well.
Now, add in your dry ingredients. I prefer All Purpose flour along with Refined flour. This gives a nice thickness and density to my cake. So, we will add 1 cup of All purpose flour and 1/2 cup of refined flour. We will have to add the flour in parts and fold it lightly in the mixture. After this we will add 2 teaspoon of Baking Powder and 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda.
Finally, we will add the spices. I use a combination of 4 spices for my carrot cake. I use ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, Ground Cloves and Ground ginger for my recipe. You just need to throw in these spices in the cake mix and whisk all until you get a lumpy batter.
After this step, it's just the last step of adding grated carrots. I hand grate my carrots. You should do that too. Packed Grated carrots when used while baking a cake turns out dry. Also, keep the moisture of the carrots intact. Do, not remove the moisture. Just add the grated carrots along with 1/2 cup of milk. Give it a quick stir with a wooden spoon and you'll see how wonderfully your batter will become smooth and cake-y
After this just grease a Cake tin and line it with parchment paper. I have used a 9"x7" Cake tin. Pour in the batter and bake your Carrot cake in a preheated oven at 350 F (180 C) For 20 minutes.
After your Carrot Cake is ready, you need to first cool it down at room temperature and ten transfer it onto a plate. Then just throw in a dollop of Cream Cheese frosting on it and decorate it with some chopped walnuts.
How to make Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
To make a quick Cream Cheese frosting for Carrot Cake dressing, use a Cup of Cream Cheese along with a cup of Confectioners Sugar. Add in a teaspoon of Vanilla essence and 1/2 Cup of Butter (at room temp.). Whisk everything in medium to high speed in a handheld mixer for about 7-10 minutes or until soft peaks are formed.
Once peaks start forming, your Cream Cheese Frosting is ready to be used.
So, this is how you can make Eggless Spiced Carrot Cake at home. Carrot Cake is one of the easiest and best cake recipes, which you should be making for Easter and Spring Season. So, without delay check out the Spiced Carrot Cake Recipe below.
Eggless Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 cup Yoghurt
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 3 cup Grated Carrots
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Refined Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 pinch Salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter ( Room Temp.)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
Mix the Wet Ingredients
- In a clean bowl whisk brown sugar, vegetable oil/ canola oil, condensed milk, granulated sugar, vinegar, yogurt and vanilla extract until well creamy.
Mix the Dry Ingredients
- In the same bowl slowly add all purpose flour and refined flour. Add the flour in parts and keep mixing it lightly with a wooden spatula.
- Add in the baking soda and baking powder along with all the ground spices (Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves & Ginger) and whisk everything well until well combined.
- Your Cake batter at this stage will turn lumpy and that's how it should be. It'll make sure your Carrot cake turns out moist.
- Add the grated Carrots along with a Cup of Milk
- Mix everything well with a wooden spatula
- After your Cake Batter is ready, pour it in a Parchment Paper Lined Greased Cake Pan.
- Bake in a Preheated oven at 350 F (180 C) for 20 Minutes.
- Allow the Cake to cool down and transfer onto another plate.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix Cream Cheese with Confectioners Sugar, Butter and just a teaspoon of Vanilla Essence. Whisk everything well in medium to high speed until soft peaks are formed.
- Lather the top of the Carrot Cake with a Dollop of Cream Cheese
- Decorate your Carrot Cake with chopped Walnuts.
- Your Eggless Super Moist - Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting is ready.