Shredded Hawaiian Chicken Sliders - Juicy chicken with Pineapple Juice, Hawaiian spices, and herbs served in a hamburger bun is out-of-the-world tasty, delicious, scrumptious, and seriously drool-worthy! This can be made in the Crockpot and Instant Pot. I have included both the instructions below.
If you're in a rush make this in the instant pot in a jiff or make this in the crockpot. Slow cook for 2 hours and after the chicken gets cooked to juicy perfection, shred it, toss with the sauce, and serve within sliders!! So delicious! 😋
Have you tried my other favorite Summer Crockpot Recipes like Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce (just 4-ingredients) or Cajun Butter Crockpot Chicken Thighs and Rice or Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Lemon Garlic Sauce or Crockpot Chicken Thigh Recipe with Asian Glaze or Honey Bourbon Chicken in Crockpot or Crockpot Coconut Lime Chicken or Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken with Sweet Pineapple Glaze
❤️ Why You"ll Love this:
- Wholesome, Satisfying, and Complete: These three words best describe Hawaiian Cuisine. Hawaiian Food is a melting pot of a variety of flavors. And, in this Hawaiian Chicken recipe, we bring you all of that within two buns. Isn't that amazing?
- Freezer-Friendly: If you think Freezer meals are mostly canned foods and casseroles, you've got it wrong my friend. This incredibly easy and delicious Shredded Chicken Slider can be frozen and enjoyed even after 2-months!
- Ideal for Meal Prep: We all LOVE to make our Food decisions earlier, right? Well, with this Hawaiian Chicken you are completely sorted. You can prepare the chicken and refrigerate it overnight.
🌺 Shredded Hawaiian Chicken Sliders
When we think of Hawaiian Chicken we think of Fresh Pineapples, Fresh Chicken, Garlic, Brown Sugar and etc. Well, Hawaiian cuisine is a potpourri of various cultures and traditions. And, that's the reason we love it so much.
These Shredded Hawaiian Chicken Sliders are gonna be your next favorite thing!!
The Smoky flavors, the juicy chicken, the crunchy veggies all of that tapped in two burger buns will woo you beyond your imagination.
📝 Ingredients Needed for this recipe
Making the Sauce:
- Pineapple Juice
- Brown Sugar
- Soy Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Tomato Ketchup
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Cooked Shredded Chicken
👩🍳 How to Make Shredded Chicken Sliders
Step 1: Make the Sauce
- In a pyrex glass, measuring cup combine Pineapple Juice, Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder. Stir well to combine. Make sure there are no lumps. Keep it aside.
Step 2: Sauté Onions
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add finely chopped Onions and sauté until translucent.
Step 3: Add Flour
- Now add Flour so that the sauce gets thick. You can also replace flour with cornstarch. Toss well. Cook until the raw smell of flour goes off. This usually takes 2-minutes.
Step 4: Pour Sauce
- Now Pour the Sauce that you made in Step 1. Stir well to combine. Make sure the sauce doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Bring it to a simmer on low heat.
- Season with Salt and Pepper as per taste.
Step 5: Add Cooked Shredded Chicken
- Finally, add cooked shredded chicken. Stir well to combine.
Step 6: Place in Hamburger Buns
- Place your Hawaiian Shredded chicken in your toasted Hamburger Buns. Add some romaine lettuce, red onions, tomatoes, and serve right away.
🥗 What Do I Serve these with?
- Fries - Burgers and Fries are like Romeo and Juliet. You cannot have one without the other.
- Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- Sweet Potato fries
- Carrot fries
- Fried Chicken
- Chicken Popcorn
🥘 Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken
If you want to make this recipe in your slow cooker you can do the following:
- Make the Sauce as per recipe directions.
- Saute Onions in a skillet with some butter.
- Add Flour and Pineapple Sauce mixture. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Place your chicken in the slow cooker. Pour the Sauce over it. Toss to combine.
- Cook on high heat for 2 hours or on low heat for 4 hours.
- After cooking for 2 hours, use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Toss with the sauce
- Serve within sliders.
📝 Other Hawaiian Recipes you might like
- Instant Pot Shredded Hawaiian Chicken Tacos
- Traditional Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- BBQ Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
- Chipotle Grilled Chicken Pineapple Tacos
- Easy Pineapple Fried Rice in Pineapple Shell
If you are making this recipe, then please rate this recipe. Take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik and let me know how it went.
Shredded Hawaiian Chicken Sliders
- 3 lbs Cooked Shredded Rotisserie Chicken or 3 lbs Chicken Breasts (cooked and shredded) See Note 1 for recipe
- 2 medium Onions chopped
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Salted Butter 14grams
Ingredients for the Juice Mixture
- 2 cup Pineapple Juice
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ⅔ Cup Ketchup
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
For Assembling Sliders (OPTIONAL)
- romaine lettuce
- red onions cut into rings
- tomatoes thinly sliced
- sharp cheddar cheese slices
- Hamburger Buns
- In a glass measuring pyrex cup combine the ingredients for Pineapple Juice mixer with a spoon. Make sure there are no lumps. Keep it aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add finely chopped Onions and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add Flour in the skillet and Sauté until the raw smell of flour goes off. This
- Pour the Sauce into the Pan and toss well. Bring it to a slow boil and let the sauce simmer until thickened. This takes 4-5 minutes on low heat. Make sure you keep an eye on the skillet. Don't let it stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Assemble this in toasted hamburger buns. Add greens and veggies with cheese slices. Enjoy with fries.
- How to Make Instant Pot Salsa Chicken. You can see this recipe but, skip the Salsa part.
- You can prepare the filling and cool it down completely. Place it in an air-tight container. You can freeze the filling for 2-months. When ready to use, thaw overnight. Assemble in the burger and serve.