Extremely Crispy Zucchini Fries are the best Summer fries recipe you would want to enjoy every day. These Zucchini Fries in Air Fryer crisps up like a dream. They are super crunchy and crispy and of course, they are healthy because you are Air Frying them. Also, they get ready in under 10-minutes and make for a perfect healthy snack for the summers which everyone will love to stuff their mouths with!!
Parmesan Zucchini Fries in Air Fryer
Hey friends. So it's the Summers and Zucchinis are everywhere to be found. It's not only a healthy veggie but I love it. I love to make Zucchini for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. Yes, I love it that much. It's such an easy-to-cook and healthy veggie. My kids hate it but I somehow find interesting ways to incorporate Zucchini in our daily meal and that's how I get my kids to enjoy these green squashes.
Coming to this recipe of Crispy Zucchini Fries, these are super healthy and super crispy. I love the fact that these are made with close to Zero Oil in the Air Fryer and still they crisp up like a dream.
Low Carb Zucchini Fries
Whether you're on a low-carb diet or on a Keto diet, you will love these Zucchini fries. These are so easy to make and makes for a healthy snack option when you're on a diet.
Also, I know it can be really difficult to cook while you're on a diet, and don't worry this doesn't even qualify as real cooking. This easy peasy snack will make you forget that you're on a diet and you are going to love every bite of this.
For low carb and keto options, replace Panko breadcrumbs with Almond flour.
How to make Crispy Zucchini Fries in Air Fryer
Below is just a brief description of the recipe. You can find the full recipe card below.
STEP 1: Chop the Zucchini
- Chop the Zucchini into thin fingers. The thinner the fingers, the crispier will be the fries. Toss them with flour. (Do not peel the skin of the Zucchini before cutting them. Keep the skin on. It's not only healthy but it helps maintain a firm texture to the fries).
STEP 2: Make the Egg mixture
- Just beat the eggs in a bowl and keep aside
STEP 3: Make Panko Mixture
- Combine Grated Parmesan Cheese with Panko Breadcrumbs, Paprika, Italian Seasoning, Salt & Pepper in a bowl. Keep it aside
STEP 4: Dip in Egg Mixture
- Coat the Zucchini strips with flour.
- Dip the Chopped Zucchini Strips in the Egg Mixture
STEP 5: Coat with Panko Mixture
- Coat the Zucchini with the Panko Mixture. Dust off the excess.
STEP 6: Air Fry the Zucchini Strips
- Lightly grease the Zucchini stips by brushing olive oil over them
- Place them in the Air Fryer
- Cook @350F (180C) for 10 minutes
- Once fried, take them out and serve hot.
Tips to make the best Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- Cut thin strips of Zucchini. The thinner the strips the crispier will be the fries
- Do not remove the skin of the Zucchini. Fry them skin on for an extremely crispy texture
- You can dust the Zucchini strips with some flour before coating them in the Egg mixture. This will help the egg mixture stick to the Zucchini strips.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries
Of course! If you don't own an Air Fryer, then just go ahead and bake these Zucchini fries.
- Place the Zucchini in a greased baking dish.
- Brush some olive oil over them
- Bake them at @425F (220C) for 18-20 minutes. Flip midways after 10-12 minutes.
Other Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
Parmesan Zucchini Fries in Air Fryer
- Cut the Zucchini peel on into thin strips. First slice the Zucchini into halves. And now, cut each half into thin lengthwise strips. Toss them with Flour and keep them aside.
- Beat eggs until combined in a bowl.
- Combine Grated Parmesan Cheese with Panko Breadcrumbs, Cayenne Pepper, Italian Seasoning, Salt & Pepper. Toss until combined.
- Dip the Zucchini strips in the egg mixture and then again in the panko mixture. Shake and dust off the excess.
- Brush olive oil over the Zucchini strips. Air Fry @350F (180C) for 10 minutes. Or, Place in a greased baking dish and bake @450F (220C) for 20 minutes.