Crispy Carrot Fries in Air-Fryer: is just like these Air-Fryer Sweet Potato Fries only in a much healthier format. 3.5 ounces (100g) of Sweet Potatoes contains 86 calories, whereas the same quantity of carrots contains just 41 calories.
I had made Tasty Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries or Baked Carrot Fries Recipe way back last year. But, right now, I am sharing with y'all this easy carrot fries recipe without an oven. I can promise you that these Air-Fried Carrots are way better and most importantly healthier than Baked Carrot Fries.
Ingredients You'll Need to Make Fried Carrots:
- Carrots: You can either use baby carrots or medium-sized carrots.
- Spices: Garlic Powder, Oregano, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, and Salt
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: Parmesan Cheese adds a brilliant coating on the carrots making them taste delicious.
- Olive Oil: We just need a teaspoon of Olive oil just to coat our carrots lightly.
How to make Crispy Carrot Fries in Air-Fryer?
Let's just see through the recipe, and also grab a pen so that you can note down some important tips along the way.
- Chop Carrots: In this recipe, I have used normal medium-sized carrots. But, many people make it using baby carrots. I guess you can use either or both. Now, to chop our carrots, we'll just cut out the top and bottom. Then we'll cut our carrot in half. Then we'll cut out thin strips from each carrot. It is practically impossible to have all carrots of the same size. And, honestly, it just doesn't matter. But, one thing that I try to keep in mind is cutting thin slices. Thin slices get crispier and taste better.
- Season Carrots: Now Season your sliced carrots with Garlic Powder, Oregano, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, Salt, Olive Oil, and grated Parmesan Cheese. Toss your carrots until its beautifully coated with the spices.
- Air-Fry Carrots: Finally place them in your Air-Fryer basket and cook them at 400F or 200C for 10-minutes. Do Not Forget to shake midway at say 5 or 6-minute mark.
- Serve: Serve your Air-Fried Carrot Fries with Some Mayonnaise or Honey Mustard Sauce or any sauce of your choice.
Tips to Make Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries in Air Fryer effectively:
These expert tips will have you make your Garlic Parmesan Carrots fries easily.
- Chopping Carrots: While chopping carrots, try to make small slices. The smaller the slices, the crispier your fried carrots will be.
- You Can use Chopped Garlic: Instead of garlic powder, you can use chopped garlic as well. You can even stir fry chopped garlic with crushed red pepper flakes in some Olive Oil and then drizzle it over your carrots.
- Air-Frying: If you have just bought an Air-fryer, then you must be thinking about the temperature at which you can fry your garlic parmesan carrots. You can air-fry it at 380F for 10-14 Minutes. But, I cook them at 400F for exactly 10-minutes. This makes the carrots beautifully crispy and ready to use.
- Shaking Midway: Before the Air-Fryer hits the 10-minute mark, make sure that you stir or shake your carrot midway. This will help your carrots gets crispier from all sides.
My Favorite Dipping Sauces:
I love these dipping sauces. And, I am sure you'll love them with your crispy Air-Fried Garlic Parmesan Carrot fries.
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Homemade Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Mint Mayonnaise
- Greek Yogurt
- Tomato Ketchup
Other Air-Fryer Recipes You can try:
- Crispy and Cheesy Air fryer Taco Potato Wedges with Avocado Mayo
- Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan (ZERO OIL)
- Crispiest Air Fryer Southern Fried Chicken Recipe with Buttermilk
- Vegan Black Bean Quinoa Burgers in Air-Fryer
- Cauliflower Wings in Air-Fryer (ZERO OIL) with Panko & Parmesan
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and post it on Instagram. Tag me @recipemagik and hashtag it #recipemagik.
Crispy Carrot Fries in Air Fryer with Garlic Parmesan
- 3 Medium-sized Carrots
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes more for garnish
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Crushed Oregano more for garnish
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Salt As Per Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil for brushing on carrots
- 2 Tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese use Reduced Fat grated parmesan
- Freshly Chopped Parsley OPTIONAL for Garnish
- Wash and dry carrots. Now, Peel your carrots and cut the top. Cut it in half. Now cut each half from the center vertically. This will help you get a flat surface for the carrot. Now cut out at least 2-3 thin strips from each half. See the video for a better understanding.
- Season chopped carrots with Garlic Powder, Oregano, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Freshly Cracked Black pepper, and Salt. Drizzle Some Olive oil and add some Grated Parmesan Cheese. Toss well using two spoons to coat each carrot slice with the spices.
- Finally, cook these carrots in Air-Fryer at 400F or 200C for 10-minutes shaking midway at about 6-minute mark. Shaking them will ensure a crispy coating on the carrots. In case you have to preheat your Air-Fryer you can do that. Garnish with crushed red pepper flakes, Oregano, and chopped Parsley. Serve with your favorite sauce or Ketchup, or Mayonnaise.
Ask Me Anything