Air Fryer Fried Chicken Drumsticks - Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside these Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks are better than Baked Chicken Drumsticks.
Just like Southern Fried Chicken these Air Fryer Chicken Legs are something that you need in your life! Moreover, I've glazed them with BBQ sauce so that you get the taste of BBQ Grilled chicken in every bite.
I have been a fan of Southern Recipes for the longest time. It's simply the best thing ever. It's easy to make, tasty, and so delicious.
Today, I thought about making Fried Chicken Drumsticks in Air Fryer. And, it was the best decision of my life.
Making Fried Chicken in Air Fryer is as easy as you can imagine. All you gotta do is coat your Chicken Drumsticks in the breading and place them in your Air Fryer basket.
Allow it few minutes to get crispy. Toss them up. And just serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
I love Chicken Drumsticks. They make an excellent snack as well as an easy dinner recipe. If you are thinking about some easy Summer Recipe that needs no oven, then you got to try this.
Why You Should Try Air Fryer Fried Chicken?
- Easy to Make - The best thing about this recipe is - the ease of making. It's super easy and something that you'll love a lot.
- Crispy on the Outside and Juicy on the Inside - The crispy outer coating and the juicy chicken on the inside make these Air Fryer Fried Chicken on of the best recipes out there.
- Has that smoky fried taste - Since it is made in the Air Fryer so these Chicken Wings have a smoky fried taste which makes it taste even better.
Ingredients Needed to Make Air Fryer Chicken:
- Chicken: I have used Chicken Drumsticks. You can use Chicken Breasts or Chicken thighs or anything else that you like.
- Breading: The breading is made up of Flour, Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and Paprika.
- Egg Mixture: This egg mixture is made of Water, Egg, and Milk.
- Garnish: I have used Freshly chopped cilantro to garnish my chicken drumsticks.
How to Make Air Fryer Fried Chicken?
These easy steps will give you a clear picture of how to make Air Fryer Fried Chicken.
- Make Breading: In a bowl combine the ingredients for the breading - which is - Flour, Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and Paprika.
- Make Egg Mixture: In a separate bowl combine Egg, Milk, and Flour.
- Coat chicken: Coat Chicken in Flour Mixture and then in Egg Mixture. The coat in flour mixture once again and dip in egg mixture all over again.
- (OPTIONAL) - Coat in BBQ Sauce - Coat your chicken in BBQ Sauce.
- Cook in Air Fryer: Place the chicken in Air Fryer Basket and cook at 390 degrees F for 25-minutes. Make sure you flip at the 10-12 minute mark.
Other recipes you can try:
- Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan (ZERO OIL)
- Tandoori Chicken Wings
- Extra Crispy Cajun Dry Rub Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- Firecracker Chicken Meatballs in Air Fryer
- Spinach and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Air Fryer
What you Can Serve with these Chicken?
- Air Fryer Crispy Potatoes
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos in Air Fryer
- Loaded Sweet Potato Skins in Air Fryer
- [2-Ingredient] Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air fryer Potato Wedges with Avocado Mayo
- Crispy Fried Green Beans in Air-Fryer
- Crispy Carrot Fries in Air Fryer
Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- 1 Pound Chicken Breasts, thighs, or Legs
FOR FLOUR MIXTURE
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
FOR EGG MIXTURE
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- ¼ Cup Water
- cooking spray
- BBQ Sauce homemade or storebought
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
Make Flour Mixture
- Make Flour Mixture: In a large bowl or a large plate combine the ingredients for the flour mixture using a spoon.
Make Egg Mixture
- Make Egg Mixture: In another medium-sized mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, and water.
- Coat chicken: Coat Chicken in Egg Mixture and then in a flour mixture. Coat in egg mixture once again and coat with flour mixture all over again. Repeating the process ensures even coating. Make sure you use your hands while coating chicken.OPTIONAL - Coat your Chicken with BBQ Sauce: This step is totally optional. Just coat your chicken with BBQ sauce using a brush.Spray Oil on Chicken: Lightly Spray Chicken pieces with cooking spray. (especially the parts with more flour). Preheat your Air Fryer to 390 degrees F.
Cook in Air Fryer
- Cook in an Air fryer: Now, place your chicken in the Air Fryer basket. Cook for 20-25 minutes. At the 10-12 minute mark, flip them over using kitchen tongs. Spray some more cooking spray on the visible flour spots and cook until it becomes crispy. Garnish & Serve: Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and Serve with any greens.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Instead of spraying oil you can also brush oil on your chicken.
Ask Me Anything