Spicy and Flavorful Grilled Mexican Street Corn (Elotes) is one of the best Summer sides recipes. Corn on the Cob slathered with sauce, spices, and salty cotija cheese is one of the best Vegetarian Grilled Recipes for Summer. It's so flavorful and so delicious.
Grilled Mexican Street Corn makes for a perfect summer side dish recipe. You can serve this with other Grilled recipes for dinner like Grilled Chicken Drumsticks or Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wraps or Grilled Chimichurri Chicken or Grilled Buffalo Chicken Skewers or Greek Grilled Chicken or BBQ Pineapple Chicken Kabobs - Oven / Air Fryer / Grill or Grilled Shrimp Skewers or Grilled Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Lime Marinade in Sheet Pan or Balsamic Marinated Chicken Breasts Recipe (Grill or Bake) or Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
This Grilled Mexican Street Corn is a commonly sold Corn on the Cob dish all over Mexico and parts of Southern California and Texas. The seasonings and the sauces vary with every few kilometers as per everyone's preferences but Summers is truly incomplete without these perfectly charred and spiced Grilled Street Corn (Elotes)
😋 Let's talk Taste
I know, you're really inquisitive as to how this one tastes. Well, it's all of those amazing charred and smokey flavors because obviously, this is Grilled. But besides that, it's the sauce that clearly steals the show along with the sweet corn kernels.
The spices - Chili Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Cumin, Oregano along with Mayonnaise tastes excellent. Top that with salty Cotija Cheese and a final squirt of Tangy Lime Juice! The tartness of lime elevates all the flavors making them, bold, strong and so good!
If you've ever had Grilled Mexican Street Corn then you will not be disappointed with this recipe as this one tastes exactly the same. And if you haven't you're going to love every bite of this one!
Below is a list of all the ingredients used to make these Grilled Mexican Street Corn.
- Medium Ears Sweet Corn (husks removed)
- Mexican Cream
- Softened Unsalted Butter
- Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Cayenne Pepper
- Ground Cumin
- dried Oregano
- Lime Juice
- Cotija Cheese
- Freshly Chopped Cilantro
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: Preheat the Grill & Make the Mayo sauce mixture
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the Cornhusk from the Corn
Combine Mayonnaise and Sour Cream with all the spices to make the sauce mixture.
STEP 2: Grill the Corn
Apply the sauce over the Corn
Grill the Corn until it gets charred on both sides.
STEP 3: Serve
After the Corn gets grilled, brush the Mayo sauce over it. Hold the ears of the Corn and roll it in a plate of Cotija Cheese. Garnish with chopped Cilantro and squirt a generous drizzle of Lime Juice over the Corn.
Hint: You can also make this in the winter by using an indoor grill or grilling the Corn in the oven under broil mode. The perfect taste of summer in the snowing winters is such a treat!
- Mexican Crema- The recipe of Grilled Mexican Street Corn calls for Mexican Cream. You can find Mexican Cream in the stores or on Amazon easily. However if you have to substitute it in a pinch then I would go with Sour Cream.
- Spices - This is generally supposed to be spicy. however you can reduce the spice level by skipping Smoked Paprika or going high on lime juice.
- Cotija Cheese - This salty mexican Cotija Cheese compliemnts the flavors of sweet charred corn so well. You can find it in the frozen cheese section of your store. However, if you are unable to find it then you might want to replace it with Crumbled Feta Cheese or Monterey Jack Cheese.
🍳 The Best Grilled Corn on the Cob Recipe
Mexican Street Corn on the Cob is not your usual Corn on the Cob. In fact, take it a step further with all the Mayonnaise and Cotija Cheese topping over it! Makes it taste soooo good!!!!
- Spicy - This Grilled Street Corn is especially spicy and the spicy flavors compliment the sweet corn. I have used Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder and Smoked Paprika for the best spicy taste.
- Cheesy - Salty crumbled Cotija Cheese is the best topping you could ever ask for over Grilled Street Corn. Its so good and flavorful that this recipe doesn't even require extra salt.
- Grilled - The smokey flavors of Grilled Corn is seriously so good. It is balanced out with the sweetness of the corn and is serisouly somehting without which your Summers are incompolete. You are going to love this so much. If you're having this for the first time, you are in for such a treat!!!
- BBQ Side - This Mexican Street Corn makes for the perfect BBQ Side. Have you tried my other BBQ Sides like Baked Mac and Cheese or Cauliflower Mac and Cheese or Mexican Black Bean and Corn Salad or Mexican Corn Salad or Pineapple Salsa (Summer Favourite)! or Grilled Corn Mango Salsa or Roasted Tomato Salsa
💯 Top tips
- This Grilled Mexican Street Corn can also be made in an indoor grill or just place it in a sheet pan in the oven and tent with a foil. Put it in broil mode for 10 minutes (each side) or until charred perfectly.
- Applying the Mayonnaise and Mexican Crema Sauce over the Corn before grilling them makes them taste extra delicious.
- Allow the Corn to cool down for some time and then hold the ears and rotate to coat with Cotija Cheese on all sides.
Other Corn recipes you'll love
- Black Bean and Corn Tacos
- Spicy Hot Creamed Corn with Crispy Chicken
- Southern Creamed Corn
- Southern Fried Corn
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Grilled Mexican Street Corn (Elotes)
- 4 medium ears Sweet Corn husk removed
- 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Mexican Cream
- 1 stick Softened Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 2 tablespoon Lime Juice
- ½ teaspoon Cotija Cheese
- Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- Preheat the grill and remove the husks from the Corn.
- Combine Softened Butter, Mayonnaise, Mexican Cream, and spices - Chili Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Smoked Paprika, Ground Cumin, and Oregano. Divide it into two parts. Apply some of it on the Corn and keep some to brush later.
- Grill the Corn for 4-5 minutes. (each side). Or place in a Sheet pan, tent with a foil, and broil over high power for 10 minutes (each side)
- After the Corn gets grilled dust Cotija Cheese over them. Garnish with leftover Mayonnaise sauce, chopped Cilantro, and Lime Juice. Serve immediately.
I love Elotes! This one is absolutely fantastic