Grilled Corn Mango Salsa is a zesty, sweet, and refreshing Mexican salsa recipe. It's made with fresh Alphonso Mangoes and Charred Sweet Corn Kernels. These are tossed with Red Onions, seeded and diced Jalapenos, Green Bell Pepper, Fresh Cilantro, and Fresh Lime Juice.
Grilled Corn Mango Salsa
Living in the south for such a long time, I have a close affection for Salsa recipes. Be it the Roasted Tomato Salsa or Grilled Corn Mango Salsa, it's always fun to make your own salsa and enjoy it with your Taco or Tortilla Chips.
I remember, during the Summer season, we used to make a big bowl of this Mango Corn Salsa and we used to enjoy it by the pool with grilled Chicken or mostly with Tortilla Chips!
Let's talk about the Taste
This salsa has a sweet and sour taste which tastes so amazing with Tortilla Chips or as a Taco side. There is a refreshing sweetness because of the Mangoes and the Sweet Corn. The butter grilled Sweet corn kernels taste fantastic. Top those with the crunch of bell peppers, the sweetness of onions, and the spiciness of Jalapenos. You have a salsa which is a total winner in all sense.
How to make Grilled Corn Mango Salsa
So, to make this Grilled Corn Mango salsa, you start by soaking your frozen corn kernels in water for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile you can chop the Onions and Jalapenos.
So, once the Sweet Corn Kernels are soft, heat some butter in the grill pan and throw in the corn kernels. Fry them until they get charred and brown with grill marks.
In a mixing bowl add the Grilled Corn along with the chopped Mangoes, Red Onions, Jalapenos, Bell Pepper, Cilantro, Lemon Juice, and Salt. Mix everything well until combined. Serve this immediately or chill it for 1-2 hours and then serve it.
This goes especially well with Tacos or Grilled meat or Veggies.
Other variations to this recipe
Grilled Corn Mango Salsa is a classic Mexican salsa recipe. However, there are countless variations that can be done in this recipe.
- You can add Black beans in this to make Grilled Corn Black Beans Mango Salsa
- You can skip out on Cilantro and add Parsley. Many people are allergic to Cilantro so you can go for Parsley in that case.
- You can make Salmon tacos and serve this salsa with it.
So, that's how you make this classic Grilled Corn Mango Salsa recipe. This recipe smells summer to me. the bright yellow and green colors bring out happiness in me. So, if you wish to make this recipe, check out the detailed recipe below.
Grilled Corn Mango Salsa
- 1 Cup Corn Fresh or Off the Cobb
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1½ Cup Mango diced
- ¼ Cup Red Onion diced
- 1 large Jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice juice of about 1 lemon
- ½ Cup Bell-Pepper diced
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro chopped
- If you are using frozen corn then soak them in water for 30-minutes. If you are using fresh corn off the cobb, then there is no need to soak them in water. Once the corn is ready to use, grill them in a grilling pan with some butter until you see the grill marks on both sides.You can also grill them in an oven. Preheat grill to up to medium heat. Brush corn with butter and grill for 20-25 minutes until you see the grill marks. Flip them oven at a 15-minute mark.
- Combine diced mango with bell pepper, jalapeno, corn, lemon juice, cilantro and onion. Season with Salt. Serve immediately.