Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Recipe from Panda Express is one of my favorite Chicken Entrees on their menu after Honey Sesame Chicken and The Original Orange Chicken. If you are thinking about saving that hard-earned money and rather making that spectacularly delicious Teriyaki Sauce with Grilled Chicken at home, then there cannot be anything better than that. Have you tried - Teriyaki Cauliflower Chicken Stir Fry
I can tell you that you are gonna love it. I will teach you some secret tips that will help you replicate the Panda Express Mandarin Teriyaki Chicken recipe within minutes.
You'll Love This Easy Chicken Dinner recipe for Family:
I promise if you have an angry teenager at your home who is upset for some silly reason, they would literally jump out of their room and start eating this. Did you get who I was talking about? Well, it's my boy!
As a teen parent, it is really hard to know when I overstep my boundaries and get on his wrong side. But, when you can make something as delicious as this grilled Teriyaki Chicken, things get so much easier!
What You'll Need to Make Mandarin Teriyaki Chicken:
To make Panda Express Mandarin Teriyaki Chicken you need the following ingredients:
- Chicken Thighs - Chicken thigs are the juiciest part of a chicken.
- Salt and Pepper: For Seasoning the Chicken Thighs. I prefer freshly cracked Black Pepper to powdered one for its intense flavor.
- Light Soy Sauce: Don't go for Dark Soy Sauce. Light Soy Sauce is perfect for this recipe.
- Lime Juice: There is supposed to be that tangy element in the taste of this Teriyaki Chicken recipe. Therefore, even if you don't have lime juice, use some white vinegar instead.
- Chopped Ginger: You can use Ginger Powder. But, I would strongly recommend you to use freshly chopped Ginger. Fresh Ginger has an amazing taste and when you taste the sauce just on its own, you are supposed to feel that bite of ginger and garlic.
- Minced Garlic: Mince garlic finely and then use it in this Chicken Dinner recipe. Garlic and Ginger is the prime ingredient of this Mandarin Teriyaki Sauce.
- Cornstarch: Lastly just a touch of cornstarch is needed so that the sauce becomes thick. Remember that adding too much cornstarch will ruin the taste of this Grilled Teriyaki Chicken recipe.
- White Sugar & Brown Sugar: If you think Sugar is not healthy, then you can replace them with Honey. However, while making this recipe, I preferred adding just sugar.
How to Make Panda Express Mandarian Teriyaki Chicken?
- Season chicken thighs with Salt and Pepper. Grill it on a grill pan until it is thoroughly cooked.
- In a separate pan, add water, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce, Lime Juice, chopped Ginger, and minced garlic. Simmer this for few minutes.
- Make Cornstarch Slurry and add it to your sauce. This will thicken your Mandarin Teriyaki Chicken sauce.
- Once the sauce gets thick and the chicken is thoroughly cooked, cut the chicken with a knife. Place them on a plate and spoon the sauce on the Chicken.
How to Make Panda Express Teriyaki Chicken Sauce?
- In a pan add Water, Brown Sugar, White Sugar, chopped Ginger, minced Garlic, and lime juice. Stir well and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, make Cornstarch Slurry. Use 1 part Cornstarch and 2 part water. Such as I used 1 tablespoon of Cornstarch for 3 Tablespoons of Coldwater. Pour Cornstarch Slurry in your Teriyaki Sauce and let it simmer until the sauce thickens. Thickening the sauce is very important, especially when you are making Grilled Teriyaki Chicken.
Is Panda Express Teriyaki Sauce vegan?
No, the Panda Express Sauce is Not Vegan. This is because of two major ingredients - White Sugar and Brown Sugar. Both White Sugar and Brown Sugar rank in the non-vegan category. Other than that every other ingredient is vegan friendly.
However, the good news is you can make it vegan. How? Just use beet sugar instead of white or brown sugar.
Does Panda Express Teriyaki sauce have gluten?
Again, the answer is a plain NO. WHY? It is Soy Sauce. Soy Sauce is not gluten-free. It is made using wheat, Salt, Soybeans, and water. Therefore Panda Express Teriyaki Sauce is not gluten-free.
Does Panda Express Teriyaki Chicken have dairy?
No, there is no dairy product that goes into making Panda Express Teriyaki Chicken.
One of the biggest Questions that People ask: "Is Panda Express Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Healthy?" Well as per the records, says that Grilled Teriyaki Chicken contains 300 calories and about 36g of Protein. Another Data reveals that it contains 185mg of Cholesterol. So, if you ask me, personally, I don't think that is a healthy Chicken recipe. If you are looking for some Healthy Chicken Recipes, you can try Broccoli Stuffed Chicken.
What to Serve this with?
You can serve Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with Brown rice and steamed vegetables.
Or else You can make:
- Easy Fried Rice Recipe
- Thai Lemongrass Coconut Fried Rice With Zucchini
- Easy Pineapple Fried Rice in Pineapple Shell
- Healthy Quinoa Fried
- Mediterranean Saffron Rice
Other Chicken Dinner Recipes you can Make:
- Asian Cashew Chicken - This is so much better than Takeout Cashew Chicken.
- Chinese Chilli Chicken Recipe - Beautiful Combination of Spicy and Sweet.
- Sweet & Spicy Honey Sriracha Chicken - Another excellent Chicken recipe that uses Honey and Sriracha.
- Easy Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken - One of the best Chicken I have had so far.
- Coca Cola Chicken Recipe - So amazing!
- Honey Mustard Chicken Stir Fry - Mustard Pairs so well with Honey.
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag us @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 2 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tablespoon Canola Oil for grilling Chicken
For Teriyaki Sauce:
- ¼ Cup White Sugar can replace with Honey
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 inch Ginger finely chopped
- 10 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Teaspoon Lime Juice can replace with white vinegar
- ⅓ Cup Water
- 1½ Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoon Cold Water
- Season Chicken Thighs: Season Chicken Thighs with Salt and Pepper.
- Grill Chicken: In a grill pan heat some canola oil over medium-high heat. As the oil gets hot, add Grilled Chicken thighs. Flip over and cook the other side as well. Cook until both sides are completely cooked. Check with a meat thermometer. If it reads 165F OR 73.8C then it is cooked and safe to eat.
Make Teriyaki Sauce
- Make Teriyaki Sauce: In a pan over medium-low heat add Water, Soy Sauce, Lime Juice, White Sugar, Brown Sugar, Chopped Ginger, and minced Garlic. Stir well to combine. Simmer for 2-minutes on medium-low heat.
- Make Cornstarch Slurry: In a bowl combine cornstarch and cold water. Stir well to combine and then pour cornstarch slurry in your Teriyaki Sauce. Stir well to combine and simmer for 2-minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve: Finally cut Chicken thigh into small chunks and place them beside sauce in a bowl. Spoon some sauce over each chicken. Enjoy this with white rice or brown rice and some steamed veggies.
- Do Not add the Sugar first while making the sauce. It will stick to the pan and will get burnt eventually.
- Thicken the sauce with cornstarch. If the mixture feels too thick then you can add some water.