Grilled Shrimp Skewers - Shrimps are coated in a mixture of Oil, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Salt, and Pepper. It is allowed to sit for 15-minutes so that the shrimps soak in all the juices. It is threaded onto a skewer with sliced Zucchini and Diced Red Onions. Finally, it is grilled and served with chopped Parsley and lime wedges.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Summer means grilling season. This summer I am so excited about my brand new grill. Last year I gifted my Dad a brand new grill for Father's Day. And this Christmas - knowing that I like Grilling - He gifted me a brand new Grill. I am super thrilled about it.
So, for starters today I have made these Grilled Shrimp Skewers. And, just to make things easier for you, I have explained how to make this recipe in a grill pan, grill as well as in your oven.
Shrimp Kabobs on the Grill
There is nothing more satisfying and comforting than Shrimp Kabobs on the Grill. It's an easy as well as a comforting dinner recipe that gets done in just 20-minutes.
Me and My family loves Grilled Shrimps. In fact, this recipe has become a family favorite in no time. When I talk about easy grilling recipes, what comes to my mind is Grilled Chicken and Grilled Shrimp. After trying Teriyaki Chicken Skewers last week, I thought, I should try something with Shrimp. I was a bit skeptical about it.
But the reviews I got from my family were so heartwarming that I feel like making it again right now. Seriously, when you have someone to complement what you've cooked, the entire cooking experience becomes so much more amazing.
How to Grill Shrimps
The easiest and the most effective way to grill shrimps is to thread them onto skewers. My Dad taught me how to grill shrimps. In fact, every grilling recipe that you see in my blog has some bits of my Dad in it.
He would stand right beside me and guide me through the entire process. Grilling shrimps is pretty easy. But, if you do not use a skewer it can get a bit hard. These shrimps might fall through the grill and that's certainly NOT what you want.
Before you Grill your Shrimps you should coat it in a marinade. The simplest marinade for Shrimps is lemon Juice, minced Garlic, Salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and Olive Oil.
How to Make Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Making Grilled Shrimp Kabobs is so easy. It's just three steps.
STEP 1: MARINATE SHRIMPS
First of all, you'll have to marinate your shrimps with the marination of your choice. I like the combination of Salt, Pepper, Lemon Juice (for that acid touch and zesty freshness), minced Garlic (for that garlicky kick), Italian Seasoning and Olive Oil. Allow this marination to sit for 15-minutes. Do not allow it to sit for a longer time because the acid in the lemon will cook shrimps.
STEP 2: THREAD ONTO SKEWERS
Next, thread your shrimps onto skewers with sliced Zucchini and diced red onions. You can add diced Red Bell Pepper, Yellow Bell Pepper, and Green Bell Pepper for a more vibrant and colorful look.
STEP 3: GRILL
Lastly, Grill your Shrimps kabobs on a grill or a grill pan or in your oven (Broil Mode). Do not overcook your shrimps. Just 2-3 minutes per side on medium-high heat is enough.
STEP 4: SERVE
Serve them with chopped parsley and lime wedges.
Other recipes you might like:
- Chipotle Grilled Chicken Pineapple Tacos
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- 10-min Shrimp Scampi With Spaghetti
- Copycat Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Roasted Garlic
- Creamy Coconut Shrimp
If you are making this recipe then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- Season Shrimps: Season Shrimps with Olive Oil, Minced Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Italian Seasoning, and Lime Juice. Coat well using a spoon and allow it to sit for 15-minutes. Do not marinate for a long time because the acid in the lemon juice will cook shrimps.
- Thread Onto Skewers: Thread the shrimp, sliced zucchini, and Red Onions onto skewers.
- Grill: Heat grill pan or grill over medium-high heat. Place skewers on the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until completely cooked through.
- Broiler Directions: Preheat Broiler. Place the Shrimp Skewers on a sheet pan. Coat with cooking spray. Broil in a preheated broiler for 2-3 minutes until cooked.
- Serve: Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges. Serve right away.