Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese is a cheesy and fulfilling Keto and Low Carb dinner recipe. Cauliflower Chunks are boiled and cooked. It is then cooked with Heavy Cream, Cream Cheese, and flavored with Paprika, Dijon Mustard, Turmeric, and Loads of Mozarella Cheese. It is finally topped with some crushed Red Chili flakes and served hot.
You will also like
Let's talk about the taste:
From the moment I made this Cauliflower Mac and Cheese, I cannot get over it's after flavor. The cheesy, meaty, and spicy flavors are so fulfilling and so comforting. It's not your regular Mac and Cheese. In fact, it's so much better than that. There is the bite of Cauliflowers which almost feels like Meat bites. Also, there is a spiciness which is due to the smoked Paprika, Dijon Mustard, and Of course, the Red Chili Flakes. I love the kick of garlic which just adds to the amazing flavors of Cheese Cheese, Cauliflower, and Mozarella Cheese.
This is high fat and low carb recipe. Mozzarella Cheese is a very good alternative to Cheddar Cheese. However, to make this recipe, even more, healthier, I highly recommend that you use Cheddar Cheese because it has higher fat content than that of Mozarella Cheese. I had none at home, so I made this with Mozarella Cheese; Taste wise it tastes just the same - creamy, cheesy and so comforting!
A VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR THIS RECIPE 🙂
Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
So, today I made this Cauliflower Mac and Cheese. It's so easy to make and is a perfect low carb dinner recipe. This is also a keto-friendly recipe. Cauliflower is one of my favorite Keto Veggies, and when you crave for something spicy yet comforting, this is my go-to recipe.
How is this recipe Keto-friendly?
I have used Butter in this recipe which is high in fat and low in carb. Also, Cauliflower is filled with essential proteins and is a Keto veggie.
Moreover, the Mozzarella Cheese and Cream Cheese cubes add to the fat content of the dish and making it low carb and keto-friendly! Trust me, it's so easy to make and gets ready in just 15 minutes.
Are there any other variations to this recipe?
Of course, there are so many variations to this recipe. After all, it's your favorite Mac and Cheese.
- You can use any healthy vegetable in place of cauliflower or along with cauliflower in this recipe.
- You can add fried and chopped Bacon into this Cauliflower Mac and Cheese.
- You can obviously make this with Cheddar Cheese. It'll make this even healthier.
- You can make this recipe even spicier by adding some Cayenne Pepper.
- You can add shredded or diced Chicken into this recipe.
- You can make this exact recipe with Broccoli as well.
- You can add some Mushrooms in this recipe and make it a filling meal.
- You can also add some Peas and Carrots and bring in a fresh Spring vibe to this recipe.
- You can add Brussel sprouts or Pumpkin puree if you have them at home to this recipe.
- You can add some Cherry Tomatoes and Kale in your Mac and Cheese.
How to make Cauliflower Mac and Cheese?
- First, chop the cauliflower into small pieces and boil it in water with some salt. Cook for 5 minutes and then strain the water and pat dry your Cauliflower florets with a clean kitchen towel.
- Next, in a wok add some butter and minced garlic cloves.
- Once the garlic gets fragrant, add the Heavy Cream followed by Cream Cheese Cubes. Mix these until the Cream Cheese cubes melt.
- Next, add in the salt, grounded black pepper, smoked Paprika, and Turmeric and mix well.
- Once it starts to bubble add the Dijon mustard and mix well.
- Finally, add the shredded Mozzarella Cheese in it.
- Mix it well and add the cooked cauliflower florets.
- Mix well and serve. Top with some crushed Red Chili flakes.
Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Cook the Cauliflower
- Chop your Cauliflower into small cubes.
- In a saucepan boil some water. Once the water gets boiled, add the Cauliflower florets along with a pinch of salt. Allow it to cover cook for 5 minutes.
- Strain the water and pat dry the Cauliflower florets using a kitchen towel.
For the Mac and Cheese
- In a saucepan add some butter and minced garlic. Once the garlic gets fragrant, add the Heavy Cream and Cream Cheese Cubes and stir well
- As the Cream Cheese cubes start to melt, add some Turmeric, Paprika, Salt, and ground black pepper into the mix and stir well.
- Finally, add the Dijon Mustard and Shredded Mozzarella Cheese and mix well.
- Throw in the cooked Cauliflower florets and mix it well for 1-2 minutes. Take it out on a serving plate and top with Red pepper flakes