Crispy Cauliflower Tinga Tacos makes for a healthy and delicious weeknight dinner recipe. You may also like Authentic Mexican Chicken Tinga (in Slow Cooker)
Especially a fun and indulging recipe for Taco Tuesday. Cauliflower is fried until crispy and coated with chipotle sauce, enchilada sauce, garlic powder, oregano, and smoked paprika. Finally, these are placed with the cheese in between tortillas and oven-fried until it gets crispy on both sides. Serve with some Lime Juice and Cilantro along with some Avocado Crema this one is a sure-winner recipe in all senses. Have you tried these Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
Crispy Cauliflower Tacos
Cauliflower is my go-to veggie when I am thinking Meatless recipes. Especially I love it in my Taco. After my Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos which was a huge hit amongst the readers, I thought of bringing you guys this street style Tinga tacos but with Cauliflower.
Everyone loved it so much! My kids were like its so good that words fall short in describing the taste of these Tacos. These are incredibly delicious, spicy, and super cheesy! Also try my Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Black Beans or my Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Romesco Sauce.
What you'll love about these Cauliflower Tinga Tacos
Spicy, Zesty, lemony. Fragrant, Mexican flavors, A Total winner recipe...!
- Cheesy - Cheddar Tastes So good
- Meaty - Due to Cauliflower
- Spicy - Chipotle Sauce, Smoked Paprika, and freshly cracked black pepper
- So Satisfying, So Comforting, So filling.
- This is so good that it will actually force you to lie to others so that you can have it all by yourself.
- Saucy, cheesy, and meaty filling with a crispy tortilla around it.
- Tastes even better with some freshly squeezed lime juice and some freshly chopped cilantro.
- The perfect balance of sweet and spice.
Ingredients needed to make Cauliflower Tinga Tacos
- Chopped Cauliflower Heads
- Smoked Paprika
- Chipotle Adobo Sauce or Chopped Chipotle Chilis
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Cheddar Cheese
- Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- Pickled Onions / Salsa and Shredded Lettuce
- Avocado Crema
Making Cauliflower Tinga Tacos
- Cook the Cauliflower - Heat Olive Oil in a Pan. As the Oil shimmers, add chopped onions and chopped Cauliflower heads in the pan. Fry for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Now, in the same pan, add the seasonings - Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder, Oregano, Chipotle Adobo Sauce, Red Enchilada Sauce, Salt & Pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until the Cauliflowers soften and coats well with the sauce.
- Warm the tortillas in the oven and then fill them in with the cheese & the Cauliflower filling.
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil. Place the Tortilla over it and then add the filling. Fold it.
- Bake in the oven at 425F or 220C for 7-8 minutes. Flip after 5-minutes.
- Serve with Avocado Cream, shredded Lettuce, lime juice, and cilantro!
How to make the Crema
To make Avocado Crema, scoop out Avocado and mix it with Yogurt or Sour Cream. Add salt & pepper to it. Also, add some lemon juice and just 1 teaspoon of honey to it to balance out all the sourness. Give all of this a good mix and serve with the Tacos.
I like to serve my Cauliflower Tinga Tacos with this Avocado Crema because the perfect lime and honey taste to balance out the spicy flavors of Tinga Tacos.
You might also like these recipes
Sesame Cauliflower in Air Fryer
Parmesan Cauliflower Spinach Pasta
Cauliflower Wings in Air-Fryer
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Crispy Cauliflower Tinga Tacos
- 3 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium sized Onions
- 1 Large Cauliflower Head cut into florets
- ½ cup Water
- 3 tablespoon Chipotle Adobo Sauce
- ¼ cup Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 Large Corn Tortillas
- 1 Large Avocado halved
- ¼ cup Freshly chopped Cilantro
- ½ cup Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoon Honey
- 3 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat Olive Oil in a Pan. As the Oil shimmers, add the chopped onions & chopped Cauliflower Heads in the pan. Fry over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Preheat the oven to 425F or 220C.
- Now, in the same pan, add the Chipotle Adobo Sauce, Red Enchilada Sauce, Garlic Powder, Oregano, Smoked Paprika, Water, Salt & Pepper. Toss to combine and cook over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, until the sauce thickens and coats well with the Cauliflowers.
- Warm the tortillas in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Now, grease a baking dish with olive oil. Place the Tortilla on it, add the cheese and the cauliflower mix in it. Grease each tortilla with olive oil. Fold it and repeat with other Tortillas. Pop it in the oven at 425F or 220C for 5-7 minutes. Flip after 5-minutes.
- Make Crema by scooping out the Avocado and mixing it with Yogurt or Sour Cream, Lime Juice, Honey, Salt & Pepper.
- Serve the Crispy Cauliflower Tinga Tacos with Crema, Lime Juice, Cilantro, and some shredded lettuce and sala. Enjoy!
Ask Me Anything