Crispy Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Romesco is a smokey, sweet, and spicy Roasted Cauliflower Taco recipe. It's easy to make and has amazing flavors to it which can make any weeknight dinner a special one.
Also try these Vegan Birria Tacos🌮
Hey friends, So today being Tuesday, I was wondering about making a quick Mexican recipe and what's better than some tacos right. And since you know how much I love Cauliflower Tacos, today I made these Crispy Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Romesco.
Seriously, the Chipotle Romesco Sauce is just too good. It's something that you just have to have to try out!
More Vegan Tacos Recipes
It's beyond delicious...!
Also, this sauce takes the taste of these Tacos to such a level that you will be left in wonderment and appreciation. It's just so so so good.
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
These Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with a homemade sweet and spicy Chipotle Romesco Sauce are extremely delicious and indulging. It's got the perfect crispiness of the veggies because the Cauliflowers are oven-roasted. Also, the Sauce makes this taste so damn good. 🙂
Roasting the Cauliflower for the Tacos
I prefer to oven roast my Cauliflower for the tacos. It's pretty easy. All you need to do is toss them with some spices and seasonings. And place it in the baking dish. Drizzle some Canola oil over them and bake for 20-25 minutes. They will get crispy and the spices will stick to them making them absolutely perfect for use in Tacos. You can of course use these in Burritos or Quesadillas as well.
Making the Chipotle Romesco Sauce
So for the smokey flavors in the Chipotle Romesco Sauce, I roast the garlic (skin on) and the Almonds in the oven. After that, I put them in the blender along with Oil, Honey, Smoked Paprika, Ground Cumin, Diced Tomatoes, Lime Juice, Chipotle Hot Sauce, and Salt. Blend all of this at high speed until you have a smooth sauce ready.
Ideally, Romesco Sauce is to made with Nyora Peppers. These are basically sun-dried small Red Bell Peppers. Since these are very difficult to find here, I use the next best alternative which is some spicy Chipotle hot sauce. You can also use chopped Chipotle Peppers.
What you'll love about these Crispy Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
- The Roasted Cauliflower Tacos have a smokey taste to them because of the Smoked Paprika, the Roasted Garlic, and the Almonds.
- The Roasted Cauliflower is crispy and filled with amazing flavors.
- Also, the Sauce is spicy because of the Chipotle Hot Sauce and the Smoked Paprika.
- The hint of sweetness because of the Honey feels appetizing and welcoming.
- This is so good and comforting. Makes for a perfect vegetarian Taco dinner recipe for the family.
These Crispy Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Romesco make for a perfect weeknight dinner recipe. You can make it ahead of time by roasting the Cauliflower and storing it in the refrigerator. You can also make the Romesco Sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Other recipes you might like:
- Buffalo Cauliflower Burrito
- Crispy Cauliflower Tinga Tacos
- Bang Bang Cauliflower
- Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower and Black Bean Tacos
- Sesame Cauliflower in Air Fryer
- Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos in Air Fryer
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Crispy Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Romesco
- 1 Large Cauliflower Head chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
For Chipotle Romesco Sauce
- 8-10 cloves Garlic skin on
- 20 Raw Almonds
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 3 tablespoon Lime Juice
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Salt Adjust as per taste
- 1 tablespoon Honey can replace with Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoon Chipotle Hot Sauce can replace replace with chopped Chipotle Peppers in adobo sauce
- 6-7 whole Corn Tortillas can use Grain free and gluten free Tortillas
- 4-5 Lime Wedges
- chopped Cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400F or 200C. Place chopped Cauliflower florets on a baking sheet. Drizzle Canola Oil and the Spices over it. Season it with salt Toss well to combine. Keep it on the bottom rack for 20-25 minutes or until the Cauliflowers are golden brown and tender. Once the Cauliflower gets roasted keep it separately on a paper-lined plate
- In a separate baking dish, place raw almonds and garlic cloves with skin on. Place it on the center rack and roast it for 8-10 minutes until the garlic is light golden brown and the Almonds are dark brown (but not burnt).
- To make Chipotle Romesco Sauce, take a blender and add Diced Tomatoes, Roasted Almonds, Roasted Garlic (which has been peeled), Canola oil, Honey, Smoked Paprika, Ground Cumin, Salt, Chipotle Hot Sauce, and Lime Juice. Blend on high speed until it is smooth and creamy. Scape down the sides as per your needs. Taste the sauce. If it feels like it needs any adjustment, then adjust it as per your taste.
- Warm your tortillas in the microwave or in a skillet until they get soft and light brown on the sides. Take about 2-3 tablespoon of Romesco Sauce and smear it on your Warm Tortillas.Add the Roasted Cauliflower and top it off with some chopped cilantro and lime wedges. If you want you can also add some Romaine Lettuce or Cole Slaw.
- You can make the Romesco Sauce and Store it in a jar in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
- You can even roast the Caufliwer and keep it in an air-tight container such as Tupperware for 2-3 days.
- When you're about to eat, warm it through in the oven, place them in warm tortillas, and serve right away.
- You can store the Romesco Sauce in the freezer for up to 1 month. However, make sure to label it.
- Do not store the Roasted Cauliflower in the Refrigerator for more than 3 days.