Black beans and Corn Tacos are healthy Vegetarian Tacos. These Healthy Tacos make for a perfect weeknight Taco Dinner Recipe. These are topped with a spicy Fresno Chile crema, Pico De Gallo, Lime juice, and Chopped Cilantro.
Also try these Vegan Birria Tacos🌮
Hey friends, So today I thought of making this amazing weeknight dinner recipe, and then came the idea of this Black Bean and Corn Tacos. These Black Bean and Corn Tacos are easy to make and a great way to get the kids to enjoy some veggies.
These are served inside warm flour Tortillas.
Healthy Vegetarian Tacos
I love Vegetarian Tacos. They are lighter, easier to make, and a great way to enjoy some healthy veggies in the dinner rotation.
This Black Bean and Corn Taco is packed with Proteins. Black Bean is a healthy source of protein and is one of the most highly nutritious seeds which you should consume at least once a week.
Top that with some Sweet Corn and it's going to be super healthy and delicious.
Making the Taco filling
Cook the onion & garlic: Heat some olive oil in a pan. As the oil shimmers, add the chopped Onions and Garlic. Saute until it gets lightly cooked.
Add the Black Beans and Corn: Now, add the chopped Bell Pepper, Green Chiles, and spices - Cumin, Taco Seasoning, Smoked paprika, Salt & Pepper. Toss to combine. Cover cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in the shredded Cheddar Cheese OR Pepper Jack Cheese.
Making the Fresno Chile Crema
In a bowl combine together chopped, stemmed, and seeded Fresno Peppers along with Mayo, Sour Cream, Garlic Powder, Chipotle Chile Powder, Lemon Juice, Salt & Pepper. (If you don't have Chipotle Chile Powder, use regular Chili Powder or Cayenne Pepper as an alternative).
Serve it over the Tacos along with Pico De Gallo, Lemon juice, and Chopped Cilantro. (You can use any salsa you desire instead of Pico De Gallo)
If you donot like this Spicy Crema, go for milder versions like a Classic Mexican Crema or Cilantro Lime Crema or Avocado Crema.
Making Black Bean and Corn Tacos ahead of time
You can make the filing of Black Beans and Corn ahead of time. Toss them in the pan, cool them down completely, and take them out in a covered container. Do not add the cheese. You can refrigerate this for 1 week.
Before reuse warm it in the oven along with the shredded cheese. Stir and then use it.
Other Taco recipes you'll love
Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower and Black Bean Tacos
Crispy Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Romesco
Crispy Cauliflower Tinga Tacos
Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos in Air Fryer
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this Black Bean and Corn Tacos, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Black Bean and Corn Tacos
- 1 cup Sweet Corn frozen or fresh
- 1 cup Black Beans drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1½ cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese divided (or Pepper Jack Cheese)
- 1 medium sized Red Onion finely chopped
- 5-6 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable oil
- 1 medium sized Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 6-7 small Green Chiles finely chopped
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo or any salsa of your choice
- chopped Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- shredded Cabbage or Coleslaw or Lettuce for crunchy topping
Fresno Pepper Crema
- ½ lbs Fresh Fresno Peppers de-seeded & chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 3 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder or Chili Powder or Cayenne Pepper
- salt & pepper
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion and garlic. As the onion and garlic get fragrant, add the black beans, sweet corn, chopped bell pepper, green chiles, and the spices - ground Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Taco seasoning, Salt & Pepper. Stir to combine. Cook covered for 5 min. After 5 minutes, turn off the heat and stir in half a cup of the Cheese.
- Warm the Tacos in the oven until pliable. Add the cabbage or coleslaw in the Tacos followed by the Black Bean mixture, followed by remaining Cheese, Pico De Gallo, Chopped Cilantro, and a generous drizzle of Lime Juice.
- Make Crema by combining all the ingredients. Drizzle it over the Tacos.
- Serve Tacos with a wedge of lime.
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 11/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
Ask Me Anything