Crispy Cauliflower Tacos with Yum Yum Sauce is one of the easiest and tasty Cauliflower tacos perfect for Taco Tuesdays 💚 My Homemade Yum Yum Sauce and Fresh Coleslaw makes this taste so creamy.
These Cauliflower Tacos gets done in 30-minutes and is a Plant based, Veggie-Heavy, Healthy taco.
Also try these Vegan Birria Tacos🌮
Origin of Tacos
Well, you might have already guessed it - it is Mexico. We love Mexican recipes for their smoky taste and spicy chilies. And, of course fresh cilantro. But, tacos are the heart of Mexican cuisines.
But, who invented the taco?
As with most popular recipes it is very hard to pinpoint and tell who invented tacos. It is believed that before the Spanish people invaded Mexico, the Ancient Mexicans used fresh homemade corn or flour tortillas and filled it with fish or meat.
Another theory states that Tacos were brought to the US in 19th century by Mexican immigrants. And, we all know how much we love taco today!
This veggie taco is perfect for snack (especially when you are busy in work) and also works as an excellent dinner recipe.
Easy Cauliflower Tacos - Veggie Heavy Tacos
Last week we went to Florida on a road trip for the weekend. Heading south I was excited to try some southern comfort food. But, to my surprise, cauliflower tacos has become the new trend today!
People LOVE Cauli Tacos. Probably the flexitarian diet thing where people love plant based foods.
Here are some of my favorites:
Crispy Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Romesco
Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos or Buffalo Cauliflower Burrito
Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower and Black Bean Tacos
Crispy Cauliflower Tinga Tacos
Cauliflower is the next best thing after chicken that you can use in a taco. We love chicken. But, when it comes to eating plant based foods you gotta choose cauliflower.
It has that similar meat-y taste and is equally delicious.
Easy Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
Talking about crispy roasted cauliflower, have you tried Crispy Honey Garlic Cauliflower Bowl?
So, Basically, what we are going to do is coat our cauliflower florets with Panko Breadcrumbs, Parmesan Cheese, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and Melted Butter.
Then we are going to roast them in the oven at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until they get crispy on the outside.
Finally, we are gonna serve this in warm flour tortillas with fresh coleslaw and homemade or store bought Yum Yum Sauce.
Cauliflower can be so versatile:
- Cauliflower cut into florets
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Melted Salted Butter
- Yum Yum Sauce
- Fresh Homemade Coleslaw
- Fresh Cilantro for garnish
How to make Quick and Easy Cauliflower Tacos
- Coat Cauliflower
Cut cauliflower in florets. The coat them in Melted Salted Butter, Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder.
- Roast Cauliflower
Roast Cauliflower in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Assemble Tacos
Assemble roasted cauliflower in tacos with fresh coleslaw and homemade Yum Yum Sauce.
- Garnish and Serve
Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve right away.
Easy Sauce for Cauliflower Tacos
It's not necessary that you have to serve these crispy cauliflower florets with Yum Yum Sauce. You can choose any sauce that you like.
Here are my recommendations:
- Homemade Hot Sauce
- Pineapple Chili Sauce
- Peri Peri Sauce
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Vinaigrette Dressing
- Garlic Vinegar Dressing
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Avocado Cream - Freshly chopped avocados or Homemade Avocado cream works magically well with these tacos.
- Red Cabbage - Make your favorite Coleslaw with freshly shredded red cabbage and it'll blow your mind.
- Pickled red onions - I had made Pickled red onions for my Easy Vegetarian Skillet Chili recipe. Since them I am in love with them. That bright purple color looks delish.
- Pickled Jalapeños - Want to crank up the heat, try adding some Pickled Jalapeños in the mix.
- Ground Cumin - Mexican recipes uses a lot of ground cumin. So, feel free to add some ground cumin while making the coating mixture for cauliflower.
Serving Suggestions for Cauli Tacos
- Busy Weeknight - Especially on a busy weeknight you can enjoy these tacos on their own.
- Lazy Sunday - When you got time to relax you can make roasted tomato salsa or pineapple salsa or green tomatillo salsa and serve your tacos with some nachos and this salsa.
- Party Night - If you are having a taco night then serve this with Homemade Refried Beans or Mexican Corn Salad or Cilantro Lime Quinoa
More Cauliflower recipes you'll love
- Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with Cashews & Cauliflower (Gluten-Free)
- Cauliflower Rice Meatballs
- Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Tater Tots
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- Ginger Soy Cauliflower
- Butter Cauliflower Curry
- Bang Bang Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Parmesan
- Baked Shells and Cauliflower
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower
Crispy Cauliflower Tacos with Yum Yum Sauce
- 1 Large Head of cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil can also use olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup melted salted butter
- ⅓ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Original Japanese Panko Breadcrumbs
- ½ cup yum yum sauce see notes for recipe
- 1 pack (14 oz) coleslaw mix with red cabbage and carrots or 8 cups of shredded cabbage and 1 cup of shredded carrot
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large corn tortillas warmed or flour tortillas
- sriracha hot sauce OPTIONAL for garnish
- freshly chopped cilantro OPTIONAL for garnish
- fresh lime juice OPTIONAL for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C. Line a 9x9 inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Coat cauliflower florets in Panko Breadcrumbs, freshly shredded parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, melted salted butter, and avocado oil.
- Place cauliflower in prepared baking dish. Transfer to the preheated oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until light brown and crispy on the outside.
- Make yum yum sauce and coleslaw mix. Refrigerate coleslaw until the cauliflower gets done.
- Finally serve in warm tortillas (corn or flour) with fresh coleslaw, roasted cauliflower, yum yum sauce, sriracha hot sauce, freshly chopped cilantro, and fresh lime juice for best experience.
Ask Me Anything