Cauliflower Rice Risotto with Peas is an easy Low Carb Dinner recipe that can be made in less than 30-minutes. Riced Cauliflower is cooked in a creamy, garlicky, cheesy sauce and served with freshly chopped parsley. Have you tried this Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice & my popular Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole
If you happen to be searching for easy Cauliflower rice recipes? Then this is the one that you should start with. Made using riced Cauliflower it goes without saying that this Cauliflower rice risotto with peas is so healthy. Just like my - Cilantro Lime Quinoa (Super healthy food) and Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice with Chili Oil
Though we all like traditional risotto-like - Fire Roasted Tomato Parmesan Risotto or Creamy Mushroom Garlic Risotto there is something that we often tend to ignore. It is the calories. Traditional risotto is brimming with calories. Tomato Parmesan Risotto has got 399 calories per serving whereas Mushroom Garlic risotto has 367 calories per serving.
But this Cauliflower Rice Risotto has just 299 calories per serving. Although one thing should be noted that this is not low in sodium. If you are a heart patient and are looking for a Low Sodium diet with less cheese, then this recipe is not for you.
Cauliflower Rice Risotto - Healthy Dinner Idea for Weight Loss
Need Healthy Dinner ideas that will help you lose that extra weight? No worries. Just try this creamy Cauliflower rice risotto. It has got about 299 calories per serving.
And, if you are on Intermittent fasting, I think 1 serving of this Parmesan Cauliflower Risotto is more than enough for you. Loaded with the goodness of cheese this risotto is just the thing that you need when you are looking for some healthy recipes for dinner.
Low Carb Meal for Picky Eaters:
Have you got picky eaters at home? Then you must try this Low Carb Cauliflower Rice Risotto. Can believe that there is just 7g of total carbohydrate in one serving with just 4g of net carb in this Cauliflower rice risotto recipe. Isn't that amazing? Well, if you are on a low-carb diet and need some low-carb food options then you should definitely try this cauliflower risotto.
What Will You Need to Make this Low Carb Cauliflower Recipe?
- Butter - Of Course you can replace butter with canola oil or any other healthy oil. But, I would suggest you not to use Olive Oil for that distinct taste.
- Onions - I have used red onions. Feel Free to use Yellow Onions or White Onions. Onions bring a beautiful sweetness to the risotto recipe.
- Garlic - I love garlic. If you've been making my recipes, you might know that I have a strong inclination towards Garlic. Garlic is so good. It brings that kick to your ordinary recipes.
- Riced Cauliflower - I would advise you to stick to fresh cauliflower rice. Please do not use frozen cauliflower rice for this recipe.
- Heavy Cream - Heavy Cream can also be replaced with whole milk, 1% or 2% milk. You can even replace Heavy Cream with Half and Half. The idea is to bring a little creaminess to the recipe.
- Grated Parmesan: Finally, a risotto is never complete without some Parmesan Cheese. So make sure you use a good quality parmesan cheese. Shred-it and add it to your cauliflower risotto.
- Salt and Pepper: And, there can be no recipe without Salt and Pepper.
- Green peas & Cilantro: Lastly sprinkle green peas and freshly chopped cilantro or parsley over your cauliflower risotto.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice Risotto?
- Saute Onions and Garlic in a pan with some butter.
- Add Riced Cauliflower and cook for about 10-minutes until tender but not mushy.
- Add Heavy Cream, Shredded Parmesan Cheese, Salt, and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper. Stir lightly to combine.
- Serve with freshly chopped parsley or cilantro. Serve hot.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower and Black Bean Tacos
- Keto Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Casserole
- Crispy Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Romesco
- Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos in Air Fryer
- Sesame Cauliflower in Air Fryer
- Cauliflower Wings in Air-Fryer (ZERO OIL) with Panko & Parmesan
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag us @recipemagik so that we can see how your recipe turned out.
Cauliflower Rice Risotto with Peas
- ½ Stick Butter
- 2 Medium-sized Onions finely chopped
- 6-7 cloves Garlic minced
- 16 Ounces riced Cauliflower
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper as per taste
- 2 Tablespoon Green Peas Frozen/Fresh
- Freshly chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Saute Onions & Garlic: In a pan melt some butter. Add chopped Onions and minced garlic. Saute them on medium-low heat for 3-minutes.
- Now add riced Cauliflower and cook on low for 5-6 minutes.
- Now add Heavy Cream, Shredded parmesan Cheese, Salt, and Pepper. Stir lightly for 2-3 minutes. Make sure the cauliflower is not mushy but it should be tender, thick, and creamy.Sprinkle green Peas and stir lightly. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro or parsley and serve hot.
- To spice it up you can add some chili powder or smoked paprika or cayenne pepper to your Cauliflower rice Risotto.
- If you don't mind the carbs, then you can add some toasted Italian breadcrumbs on top.
Ask Me Anything