This Low Carb and Keto Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Casserole is a healthy, one-pot meal that is perfect for the family. It's a perfect Low Carb dinner recipe that the whole family can enjoy together. It's easy to make and is so delicious. Its a hearty side like this Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole
If you love Cauli Rice try this Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice or this Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice with Chili Oil
Hey friends, So, today in my Clean Eating series, I have got you another favorite Casserole recipe.
This Cauliflower rice casserole with Chicken is not just easy to make, it's super delicious and something which even kids would enjoy!
This Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Casserole is made with Cauliflower rice, cooked and cubed Chicken, Mozzarella Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper.
It's just these basic ingredients that make this delicious casserole so delicious and so divine!
About the Cauliflower Rice
I like to use Frozen Cauliflower rice for this recipe. I purchase them from the frozen aisle and always store them at home. They come in handy while making so many Cauliflower recipes.
For this recipe, I do not even microwave the Cauliflower rice. I just thaw the frozen Cauliflower rice, drain out the excess water using a paper towel, and use it.
This results in a casserole that has intense Cauliflower flavor and just makes this casserole, extra delicious.
However, if you want, you can thaw the frozen Cauliflower and microwave it for 5 minutes on high power, drain out the excess water and then use it.
You can make your own Cauliflower rice by pulsing the Cauliflower florets in the food processor and then use it.
Ingredients used to make this Keto Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Casserole
- Cauliflower rice - This is seriously a superfood. If you haven't been using it until now, please do. You can replace this with Broccoli rice. It just adds the fiber and protein to your diet without the carbs!
- Cooked & Cubed Chicken - I Have used Chicken Breasts, which I have precooked in the oven at full power for 15 minutes with some water. Then I cut it out using a sharp knife into cubes and then use it. You can also shred the chicken and use it. You can also slow cook the chicken in a slow cooker for 3-4 hours.
- Mozzarella Cheese & Cheddar Cheese - Being on a Keto diet, doesn't;t mean all boring food. Mozzarella and Cheddar are totally keto-friendly cheese which you will love in this recipe. Also, it makes the casserole so damn good and comforting.
- Onion Powder & Garlic Powder - Just these two spices is what you need to make this casserole. It adds that kick and doesn't let this be bland.
- Smoked Paprika - Just a teaspoon of smoked paprika makes this tastes beyond delicious and so good.
If your casserole is too watery, then you can use Xanthan Gum to thicken the casserole and skip out on the flour.
Making the Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Casserole
Step 1: Cook the Chicken - You can cook the chicken in a slow cooker for 3-4 hours or microwave it at full power with some water for 15 minutes and then use it. You can shred the chicken or cube it. It's totally up to you!
Step 2: Combine the ingredients: All you need to do is combine the Cauliflower rice with the Cooked Chicken and the spices - Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Smoked Paprika, Salt & freshly cracked black pepper. Add the Chicken Broth and the cheese - Mozzarella & Cheddar Cheese (half of it) and toss everything until combined.
Step 3: Transfer this to a baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350F or 180C for 40-45 minutes.
Step 4: Add the rest of the Cheddar Cheese to the casserole and bake for 10-15 more minutes. After it gets baked, allow it to cool down for 5 - 10 minutes.
Step 5: Serve hot with some freshly chopped parsley on top.
Other possible variations to this recipe
There are so many amazing variations possible to this recipe.
- You can add some chopped broccoli florets to the casserole and bake it along with the cauliflower rice & chicken.
- You can saute some Mushrooms, Celery, Onions, and Garlic in a pan and then add it to the casserole to get baked with the chicken & cauliflower rice.
- You can add some Spinach.
- You can add some fried bacon on top for a more crispy flavor and fat
- You can replace Mozzarella Cheese with Gouda Cheese or Monterey Jack or Gyure or Colby Jack.
Other delicious Casserole recipes you'll love
- Easy & Quick Low Carb Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- Broccoli Casserole with Ritz Crackers and Mayonnaise
- Tex Mex Black Eyed Peas and Rice Casserole with Roasted Garlic (Vegetarian)
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Casserole
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Walnut and Brown Sugar Crumble Topping
- Nacho Cheese Dorito Chicken Casserole
I hope you liked this recipe and you make it. If you happen to make this recipe, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Keto Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Casserole
- 4 cups Cauliflower Rice 400gm
- 2 cups Chicken cooked & cubed or shredded
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ cup Mozzarella Cheese 58.7gm
- ½ cup Low sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 cup medium cheddar 83gm
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C. Combine Cauliflower rice with the chicken, mozzarella cheese, half of the cheddar cheese, and the spices - Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Salt & Pepper. Add the chicken broth and toss until combined. Transfer this to a casserole baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Now, add the remaining half cup of the Cheddar Cheese and bake for 10-15 more minutes or until the cheese melts on top and gets bubbly on the sides. Once baked, get it out of the oven and cool it down for 5 minutes before you serve it.
- Serve hot with freshly chopped Parsley.
Ask Me Anything