Broccoli Casserole with Ritz Crackers and Mayonnaise is a cheesy and delicious casserole with broccoli and cheddar cheese, and of course, the crunchy Ritz Cracker topping! This makes for an easy dinner recipe and even kids will love this one! Have you tried my Broccoli Rice Casserole?
This Cheesy Broccoli Casserole with Ritz Crackers and Mayonnaise is seriously the best ever Casserole recipe with Broccoli. It's almost like my other Casserole Recipes with veggies and Cheddar like this Ranch Potato Beans Casserole. However, this one is filled with healthy greens and is also one of the easiest Casserole Dinner Recipes there is.
😍 What You'll Love about this Casserole:
- So easy to Make: Seriously this is like the easiest recipe of the decade.
- The Crunch of the Veggies: The way the Broccoli has that amazing crunch feels totally irresistible.
- The Ritz Cracker Topping: The delicious Ritz Cracker Topping feels so crunchy. Just something that you would want to dig in right away. A smart way to make any casserole feel crunchy!!!
- Best way to cook Broccoli: Broccoli is infamous, especially amongst kids. But, trust me, when you serve them this Casserole they are gonna fall in love with Broccoli! Seriously!!!
- That Egg-y Texture: It's no news that adding Eggs makes everything tastes better. And, to me, this Broccoli Cheese Casserole feels like an ultimate breakfast Casserole recipe that you can make in no time.
- That Creamy Taste: The Mayonnaise along with the Cream of Mushroom gives that creamy taste to the Casserole.
In my family, we do not like Broccoli at all. I mean, there are greens and then there is Broccoli. It's probably the most underrated veggies there is. However, since we recently started on a diet and are always on the lookout for healthy greens to incorporate in our meals, this one comes as the easier veggie which is so filling and also so healthy.
Broccoli is one of the most healthy green veggies there is. If you are like me and do not enjoy greens as is, then this cheesy casserole is going to make in fall in love with these Greens. Also, the Broccolis are topped with those crunchy and salty Ritz Crackers which takes the flavors ten notches higher!
Broccoli Casserole I feel is one of those easy recipes which you can make in the morning and then enjoy later when you come back home after a long day. Just pop it in the oven and bake until the cheese gets bubbly!
This literally needs no fancy ingredients or special ingredients. This recipe is super simple and super easy. Also, the best part is that this is totally customizable. While you can add Mexican cheese or Colby Jack Cheese along with the Cheddar or you can use any cheese you have at home. However, Cheddar Cheese tastes the best with Broccoli.
👩🍳 How to make Broccoli Casserole with Ritz Crackers
This delicious and irresistible Broccoli Cheddar Casserole is best made with fresh broccoli. You can use frozen Broccoli as well, however, I always prefer to use Fresh Broccoli.
So you begin by tossing the broccoli in a bowl with some hot water. Cover with a cling wrap and microwave at full power for 1 minute. This will make the Broccolis soft and they will be ready for use. This step should be done and not skipped. Softening the Broccolis before use will make it much easier to combine with other ingredients.
Next, drain the water and to the same bowl add the Mayonnaise along with a Cream of mushroom. You can use Cream of Chicken as well.
To that add the spices - Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Oregano, Hot Sauce, Egg, Salt, and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper.
Also, add the shredded cheddar cheese. Give all of this a good mix until combined.
Place this in a casserole baking dish. I use a 9x9 baking dish. You can use a 9x13 baking dish as well.
Top the Broccoli mix with some more shredded sharp cheddar cheese, melted butter, and Ritz Cracker Crumbs.
Bake this Broccoli Casserole for 25-30 minutes at 350F or 180C. Baking this for 30 minutes will keep the broccoli a little bit crunchy. We like it crunchy so we bake for 30 minutes. However, if you like mushy veggies bake for 10 more minutes.
😍 The Fantastic Taste
Cheesy, Creamy, Buttery, casserole with the crunch of broccoli and that crusty ritz cracker topping brings a fantastic flavor to your broccoli cheese casserole.
In my opinion, this is the best way to eat broccoli or even get kids to eat it. It's simply irresistible.
I love how there is a crunch of the veggies and the veggies are not mushy or gooey. Broccoli tastes so good. It transforms from being bland and boring to something extremely tasty.
🥦 A Broccoli Recipe Which Kids Will Love
I always find innovative ways to include green veggies in our daily diet.
In my house, I make it a point every day to make at least one green veggie every day.
Gradually, my kids have started accepting this fact and this has become part of a habit.
Also, I use veggies in recipes they love such as a Cauliflower Mac and Cheese or Cheesy Green Beans or Vegetable Lo-Mein or Lo-Mein stuffed Bell Peppers and they love to indulge in these recipes.
Other Broccoli Recipes 🥦
Creamed Broccoli with Crispy Bacon
[2-Ingredient] Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Cheese
Broccoli Rice Casserole - Southern Comfort Food
So, this was all about this Broccoli Casserole with Ritz Crackers and Mayonnaise. I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it soon. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Broccoli Casserole with Ritz Crackers and Mayonnaise
- 13 Oz Fresh Broccoli Florets 1 (10oz) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 4 Tablespoon Mayonnaise or ¼ Cup
- ½ Teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 8 Tablespoon Cream of Mushroom 4 fl oz. (1/2 can)
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Salt adjust as per taste
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black pepper
- 1 Cup shredded Cheddar Cheese 8 oz
- ½ Cup Ritz Cracker Crumbs
- ¼ Cup Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 350F OR 180C. Grease a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray.Add Broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl. Pour ¼ Cup of Hot water. Cover with cling wrap and microwave for 2-minutes. Once done, drain the water.
- To the broccoli add Mayonnaise, Cream of Mushroom, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Hot Sauce, Egg, Oregano, Salt, Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, and Cheddar Cheese. Toss well to combine. Pour this into the greased baking dish.
- Top with some more cheddar cheese and melted butter. Add Ritz cracker crumbs and then bake this in a preheated oven at 350F for 25-30 minutes. Bake for 10-minutes more if you want your broccoli to be mushy and tender. Once the cheese gets bubbly, get it out of the oven, and serve immediately.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup can be replaced with cream of chicken soup or cream of celery.
I loved this recipe. We made it tonight and it was a huge hit in the family, I had to make absolutely no changes while making this and I am super happy with the results. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you tobe.