Nacho Cheese Dorito Chicken Casserole is a creamy, cheesy, and crunchy casserole recipe with shredded chicken, condensed cream of chicken, Cheddar cheese, Rotel Tomatoes, Enchilada Sauce, and loads of crunchy and spicy Nacho Cheese Doritos.😋 It takes just 30 to 35 minutes ⏲️ to make this tasty chicken dinner recipe.
The Crunch from Doritos, the Cheddar, and the typical Mexican flavors from Taco Seasoning, Cumin, and Tomatoes are all that you need to make this excellent Mexican Casserole! Also, try this amazingly delicious Nacho Cheese Sauce
Does your family love street-side taco night? Well, yes! Sometimes or the other, it's so much fun to enjoy some late-night tacos from the food trucks. Did you try these Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos or these Grilled Chicken Tacos
But, when you feel too lazy to get out of bed, then comes this comforting Dorito Chicken casserole recipe. This Chicken Doritos Casserole Recipe is seriously the best idea for busy moms and dads. Also, try this Easy & Quick Low Carb Keto Cheeseburger Casserole and this Baked Zucchini Casserole (KETO) or this Low Carb Eggplant Pizza Casserole.
All you gotta do is simply layer your baking dish with crushed Doritos then follow it up with a creamy chicken mixture.
Top with another layer of crushed Doritos and some cheese. (I used both cheddar & Mozzarella, you can also go with Colby jack cheese or Mexican cheese).
Pop it in the oven and in just 30-minutes your dinner will be ready to serve!
You know, I am the sort of person, who just hates to clean dishes. Therefore these casserole recipes are like my ideal go-to recipes. Less fuss, more fun, just like this Unstuffed Shells Casserole
I generally love Mexican flavors. And, this Cheesy Dorito Chicken Casserole is like a lifesaver for me. Talking about Mexican flavors, did you try this Chicken Enchilada Skillet Casserole - Low Carb / Keto
Whenever my kids are in a bad mood or suppose, I've had big arguments with my kids (you know how teenage kids can be, sometimes), making this casserole, works like a charm for me.
So, if you ever find yourself in that situation next time, do make sure you make this casserole. Haha! Just kidding. No, but, seriously you will love this comforting casserole dish. So creamy, so cheesy, and just sort of amazing.
🥘 Ingredients I have used
- Cooked and Shredded Chicken
- Sour Cream
- Condensed Cream of Chicken
- Taco Seasoning
- Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- Shredded Sharp Yellow Cheddar Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Rotel Tomatoes chopped
- Enchilada Sauce
- 2 Packs of Doritos
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, check out the video for a visual 🎥
Making the Dorito Chicken Casserole involves just 3 basic steps:
Step 1: Shred Chicken and Add Other Ingredients
First, take a bowl of cooked chicken and shred it using two forks. Once it's shredded, add the Sour Cream, Mayonnaise, Condensed Cream of Chicken, Taco Seasoning, Cayenne Pepper, Cumin, Chopped Tomatoes, Enchilada Sauce, Salt & Pepper, and some Yellow Cheddar Cheese. Mix everything and keep aside.
Step 2: Arrange in Baking Dish
Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Make the lower layer of the casserole with crushed Doritos. Top that with the Chicken Mix and top Mozzarella Cheese and Yellow Cheddar Cheese.
Step 3: Bake
Pop this in the oven and Bake @350F or 180C for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, get it out and once it cools down to room temperature, cut it out and serve! Top with some more enchilada sauce and lots of crushed Doritos, before you serve this casserole 😊
- Use Rotel Tomatoes- Rotel tomatoes are much more flavorful and they will enhance the flavor of this casserole significantly.
- Don't add all the Doritos at the bottom- Keep some extra Doritos and sprinkle it on the top when it comes out baked. Because most people complain that Doritos get soft and soggy. So, it's better to keep some and sprinkle it on the casserole, later on.
- OPTIONAL - Top the casserole with some cilantro and avocado for a beautiful garnish and taste.
- Save your time with Rotisserie Chicken- PS: You can also use ground rotisserie chicken for this recipe. (Look for Rotisserie Chicken from the deli at the grocery store)
👩🍳 Ahead of time
One major question that everybody asks is the chips would get soggy. Well, if you are making this ahead of time, then don't add the chips. Keep everything ready in the fridge. And, simply add the chips while you are about to pop them in the oven.
- Black Beans & Pinto Beans - Yup, beans are an excellent addition to this recipe. It's definitely an excellent idea to add beans while making this casserole.
- Cilantro & Avocado - You can make the garnish super-cute and flavorful with the addition of cilantro and some avocado.
- Ground Beef or Ground Turkey - Make it even better with some Ground beef or ground turkey instead of chicken.
- Flamin hot spicy nacho Doritos - Well, if you like a little spicy casserole then use this flamin' hot spicy nacho Dorito. Super-amazing.
🥗 Serving Suggestions
My family loves this recipe, on its own. But, still, if you would like to use this as a side of something, then here are some ideas:
- Fried Rice or Brown rice or Thai Lemongrass rice
- Serve with some baked potatoes.
- Serve with Some pasta.
This casserole stays perfectly fine in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. BUT, you have to keep it tightly covered.
Put it in a freezer-friendly bag and push out as much air as you can. We don't want air at all. Freeze this for up to 6-months.
When you want to serve, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat it the next day in the oven.
If you like this recipe, please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik and let me know how it went.
Nacho Cheese Dorito Chicken Casserole
- 2 cup Shredded Chicken I used a rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Condensed Cream of Chicken
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes (5-Ounce)
- ½ cup Enchilada Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt adjust as per your taste
- 1 teaspoon Freshly grounded black pepper
- 1 cup Shredded Yellow Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 bags Nacho Cheese Doritos 10 oz or 300gm
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C and grease a 9 by 13 casserole dish with cooking spray
- Take 2 Chicken Thigh or Breast pieces. Boil them covered for about 5 minutes so that they get cooked. Once cooked, shred the chicken using two forks.
- Take the Shredded Chicken in a bowl. Add the Sour Cream, Mayonnaise, Condensed Cream of Chicken, Taco Seasoning, Cayenne Pepper, Cumin, Chopped Tomatoes, Enchilada Sauce, Salt & Pepper, and some Yellow Cheddar Cheese. Mix everything.
- Layer the lower crust with crushed Doritos. Top with the Chicken Mix. Top with the Mozzarella Cheese and Cheddar Cheese. Pop it in the oven.
- Bake this Doritos Chicken Casserole for 20 minutes.
- Cut out pieces of the Casserole. Top with crushed Doritos and Enchilada Sauce and serve!
- Don't add all the Doritos at once to the bottom of the dish. It will all become soggy. So, once it's baked crush it and then sprinkle it on your casserole.
- Don't bake for a much longer time. Because that will make the Doritos soggier.