Sheet Pan Grilled Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Lime Marinade are zesty, refreshing, and spicy Tacos. Chicken along with Lime, Serrano Pepper, Onions, and Garlic are rubbed with Taco Seasoning, Cumin, Salt & Pepper and are Grilled in the oven until Charred. And finally, these are served in Corn Tortillas with some Coleslaw, Cilantro, Red Onions, and lime wedges. These Grilled Chicken Tacos are very easy to make and a perfect summer dinner recipe.
Hey, friends! With the weather getting warmer with every passing day, I feel it's the perfect time to enjoy some grilled Chicken Tacos. Have you tried my Grilled Pineapple Chicken Tacos? It's got everything you need to make a sultry summer night dinner a special one!
These Grilled Chicken Tacos are so special to me. On my last visit to Guadalajara, I visited this small and quaint little restaurant in the city. It's a quiet and small restaurant, in the interior part of the city and is never crowded.
So, there it was getting late at night and we had to grab a bite before we head back to our Hotel. So, hungry as a wolf, we went into this place and it just changed my opinion about Spicy Grilled Chicken Tacos forever!
The head chef there was so good. He offered me to watch him make these Tacos. And he made this in the Sheet Pan. Just quickly threw everything in the Sheet pan, grilled them, and then served! It was so so so delicious! I still cannot forget that taste!
A Perfect Summer Dinner Recipe
I like Summers. The hot weather, the scorching Sun screaming outside, the sultry noons, and the cozy evenings. It's so much fun, light, easy and lazy!
It's exactly this time of the year, which I have been waiting for. I just love to make Summer recipes! Especially Grilled Chicken Recipes are so much fun. Also, I strongly believe that Grilling is better than baking because the flavors in a Grilled Chicken are absolutely unmatched by anything else.
Grilled Chicken Tacos
Coming back to these Grilled Chicken Tacos. These are the perfect Tuesday night dinner recipe which your kids are going to love for sure. This is a little spicy but when you serve it with some Ranch dressing, it mellows down the heat, and kids do not find it spicy at all.
In my house, my husband just hates spicy food. Like he's seriously allergic to spicy food. Even a bit of spice gets him all anxious and buzzed. So, I generally avoid spicy food.
But this recipe calls for Serrano Pepper and so I have used it. But the use of Lime and Ranch dressing just makes the spice amount negligible. In fact, my husband loved these Grilled Chicken Tacos!
The Cilantro Lime Marinade
This Cilantro lime Marinade is everything you will love about these Grilled Chicken Tacos! Seriously, that piquant aroma, that zesty and spicy taste, and that refreshing hint of Cilantro and Lime in every bite! It's seriously something which you're going to LOVE for sure!
The Grilled Taste
On my last visit to Mexico, I came across this small restaurant in Guadalajara. This small and quaint restaurant in a very interior part of the city were serving some grilled Chicken Tacos. So, the chef was so good, he allowed me to take a look at how he was actually making these Tacos and it was a treat!
He made these Grilled Chicken Tacos in the Sheet Pan. and He grilled the Lime Wedges, Garlic, Serrano, and Onions all along with the Chicken. And then he pulses these in the food processor with some water to make the Marinade!
It was so delicious and since then, we have been ardent am of this Grilled Chicken Tacos recipe.
So, it's this grilled taste in the Lime and the Onions and of course the Garlic, which you will feel in every bite of these Tacos. It will be having that deep charred taste and that's exactly the best part about this recipe.
How to make Grilled Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Lime Marinade
Below is a brief description of the recipe. You can find the detailed recipe card below. Also, watch the video for a visual.
STEP 1: Grill Chicken in Sheet Pan
- In a Sheet Pan, add the Chicken along with Lime Wedges, Garlic Cloves, Serrano Peppers, and thinly sliced White Onions.
- Drizzle Olive oil, Taco Seasoning, Ground Cumin, Salt & Pepper over the Tacos.
- Grill at 400F for 6-7 minutes.
STEP 2: Make the Sauce
- Pulse the grilled Lime, Garlic, Onions, and Serrano Pepper in the food processor.
- Add some water from the feeder tube and pulse until it forms a sauce.
STEP 3: Make the Tacos
- Toast Corn Tortillas until Pliable
- Add Coleslaw, chopped Red Onions, chopped Tomatoes
- Add the chopped Grilled Chicken along with the sauce
- Add lime juice and the chopped Cilantro
- Add Ranch dressing and serve these Tacos.
Other Chicken Tacos Recipes:
Chicken Carnitas Mexican Shredded Chicken Taco Recipe
Chipotle Grilled Chicken Pineapple Tacos
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Grilled Chicken Tacos
Cilantro Lime Marinade
- 2 medium sized Lime
- 3 medium sized Serrano Peppers
- 1 medium sized White Onion thinly sliced
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 small Corn Tortillas
- 2 medium sized Chicken Thighs
- 1 medium sized Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 medium sized Tomato finely chopped
- 1 cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 small Lime chopped into wedges
- 4 tablespoon Ranch Dressing
- In a Sheet Pan, take Chicken with Lime Wedges, Garlic Cloves, Serrano Pepper, and White Onions. Drizzle Olive Oil, Taco Seasoning, Ground Cumin, Salt & Pepper over them. Grill @ 400F for 6-7 minutes. Flip occasionally.
- After the grilling, get the grilled Lime Wedges, Onions, Garlic and Serrano Peppers out. Pulse them in the food processor with some water. Take it out in a bowl and keep it aside. Discard the Lime skins.
- Toast the tortillas on the stovetop until pliable. To make the Tacos, assemble everything, Start with the Coleslaw or Cabbage, followed by Red Onions, Diced Tomatoes, Grilled Chicken Cubes, the Cilantro Lime Marinade.
- Top with some ranch dressing, chopped Cilantro, and Lime Juice. Serve.
Ask Me Anything