Low Carb Eggplant Pizza Casserole is a cheesy and delicious low-carb casserole recipe that needs 6-ingredients and just 30-minutes.
Roasted Eggplant Slices are topped with garlic, Italian Seasoning, and loads of Cheese. Finally, these are baked in a bed of Pizza Sauce and Cheese until the Cheese gets all melty and stringy. This perfect Keto and Low Carb Eggplant Pizza Casserole gets ready in just 30-minutes and is the perfect vegetarian low-carb dinner recipe that everyone is bound to love.
Why You'll Love This Recipe?
- Low Carb: These days the only thing that all of us are running away from is carbs. Carbs have become a common enemy for all of us. But, there are ways to beat carb. Yup! Ways which are both tasty and delicious. Such as making this easy Low Carb Eggplant Pizza Casserole.
- Melty Cheese: We all love melty cheesy goodness. Don't we? Well, it just got a whole lot better.
- Meaty Taste but no meat: Even if you are craving some meat and for some reason, you can't have meat. This eggplant casserole is the perfect alternative. It has got that meaty taste but has no meat.
- Easiest Recipe Ever: Seriously, there cannot be any recipe easier than this. All we are doing is roasting the eggplant, adding the topping, and baking it until the cheese melts.
Eggplant Pizza Casserole
Hey friends, So today I baked this adorable looking and super delicious Low Carb Eggplant Pizza Casserole. This is not your average Pizza Casserole. In fact, this just got a low carb upgrade which means this is made without those unhealthy carbs which you want to stay away from.
Also, this is super easy to make, a perfect dinner recipe for the family, and a super quick dinner recipe that is one-pot and totally hassle-free.
If you love Eggplant, then you should try my Eggplant Casserole or Baked Eggplant Curry or Eggplant Lasagna
When it comes to Low Carb recipes we always think about Cauliflower or Zucchini. However, we often forget about our dear friend Eggplants. Eggplants are always in season, totally low carb, and the perfect alternative to meat because of their meaty taste and firm exterior.
Also, Eggplant is so easy to cook. It gets cooked even quicker than Cauliflower or Chicken.
Ingredients you'll need to make this recipe:
- Eggplant - Choose small eggplants. Smaller Eggplants are sweeter and have fewer seeds.
- Seasoning - Salt & Pepper: Basic Seasoning to season your Eggplant.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Just a touch of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to coat our Eggplant.
- Pizza Sauce: Check the link on top and learn how to make Thick Pizza Sauce at home.
- Crushed Garlic - Garlic will bring a kick to the pizza casserole.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - To give that ooey-gooey melty cheesy taste to our casserole.
- Kalamata Olives - To get that Pizza top on our casserole
- Italian Seasoning - Just to get everything right. (OPTIONAL)
How to Make Eggplant Pizza Casserole?
- Thinly Slice Eggplants - Eliminate the top and bottom of the eggplant. Cut them in thin and round slices.
- Season & Oil: Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the eggplant slices. Season them with Salt and Pepper.
- Bake: Bake in a preheated oven at 400F for 15-minutes. Make sure you flip after 7-minutes.
- Pour Pizza Sauce: Pour homemade or storebought Pizza Sauce on the Eggplant.
- Add Crushed Garlic: Add Crushed Garlic on the Eggplant slices.
- Top with Mozzarella Cheese: Top with Mozzarella Cheese for that cheesy, melty texture.
- Add Olives and Italian Seasoning: Finally, add Black Olives and Italian Seasoning.
- Bake: Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 10-minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned on top.
Other Alternatives to this Recipe:
- Onions: If you want you can saute Onions and Garlic in some oil while you are baking your eggplant. And then add it to your eggplant slices.
- Baby Spinach: If you want to add more ingredients then I would suggest you cook spinach with Onions and garlic and then add it to your Eggplant Slices.
- Mini Pepperoni Slices: To add a bit of salty, and spicy flavor, make sure you add few mini Pepperoni Slices on eggplant.
- Marinara Sauce: In case you do not have Pizza Sauce and you don't want to make it for any reason. You can simply use Marinara Sauce.
- Cherry Tomatoes: To add a bit of tangy touch add some sliced cherry tomatoes on the eggplant.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: If you love that salty cheesiness of Parmesan, make sure you add it towards the end just before popping it in the oven.
- Fresh Basil: To add a bit of color to your food and garnish it accordingly, make sure you add some fresh basil to the Eggplant Pizza Casserole.
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how this turned out.
Low Carb Eggplant Pizza Casserole
- 1 Large Eggplant cut into 1/4 inch thin slices
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1½ cup Pizza Sauce (no Sugar)
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Black Olives pitted
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 cloves Garlic grated
- Cut the Eggplant into thin 1/4 inch slices. Brush Salt, Pepper, and Olive Oil over the Eggplant Slices. Place them in a greased baking dish. Roast them at 400F or 220C for 15 minutes. Flip after 7 minutes interval.
- After the Eggplants get roasted, pour Pizza Sauce over the Roasted Eggplant. Add the grated Garlic over the Eggplants. Sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese over the Eggplant and around the edges of the dish. Top with Black Olives, and Italian Seasoning. Bake this Eggplant Pizza Casserole at 350F or 180C for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- After this Eggplant Pizza Casserole gets baked, serve with some freshly chopped basil on top. Enjoy!
Ask Me Anything