Healthy and Low Carb Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice with Chili Oil is a Keto and Healthy alternative to our favorite Asian Takeout Shrimp Fried Rice. Super easy to make and a delicious Cauliflower Rice Recipe which makes healthy food diet so much better and a perfect treat!
Healthy Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice
Shrimp Fried Cauliflower RiceShrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice OR Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice is a low carb and delicious dinner recipe. Cauliflower Florets which are pulsed to make "Cauli Rice" is used as a alternative for white rice.
This super delicious Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice will satiate your Asian Takeout Cravings for sure. A simple and easy light meal, packed with healthy veggies, Fried Cauli Rice & Soft and Plump Shrimps.
- Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice
- How to make Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice
- Possible Variations
- Is Cauliflower Rice Healthy for you?
- What does Cauliflower Rice really taste like?
- Is Cauliflower Rice better for you than White Rice?
- Is Cauliflower Rice a Carb?
- More Healthy Asian Recipes
- Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice with Chili Oil
Well this is technically not your typical "fried rice". However whats the next best healthier alternative to Cooked White Rice? Obviously, its Cauliflower Rice! This recipe reminds me of my Healthy Quinoa Fried "Rice" with Crispy Tofu
Cauli Rice is healthy and a low carb alternative! Also its Vegan and Gluten Free.
You can use Cauli Rice to make so many amazing recipes like this
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice (Low Carb) - A Favorite way to cook Cauli Rice with Mexican flavors.
- Cauliflower Rice Risotto with Peas - Craving swoon worthy and satisfying Creamy Risotto? Try this low carb version and you'll want it again!
- Keto Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Casserole - A hearty Casserole recipe made with Cauliflower Rice and Chicken
- These Sticky Cauliflower Rice "Meat" Balls have all my heart! Super easy to cook and a perfect alternative to Meatballs.
- Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole - A hearty Casserole which is a great side!
Shrimp Fried Rice is a traditional Chinese Dish. Its got some of the best flavors of Oyster Sauce and Sticky Hoisin Sauce. However when you're on a Low Carb Diet, Rice is a strict NO!
So, "Cauli Rice" OR Cauliflower Rice is the best alternative to cooked white rice. Its Healthy, Low Carb and a perfect substitute for Rice.
When you're using pulsed Cauliflower as rice, you are skipping grains and also using it as a rice base for this Shrimp Fried Rice recipe!
Also, you do not have to eat it boiled. Stir Fry and infuse a little flavors to cook the same and it gets so much better and indulging!
Of course it saves so much time. You can go straight from the packet to the wok with absolutely no boiling!
- Cauliflower Rice - you can buy store bought Cauliflower Rice. Its very easily available in every local grocery stores. Or make your own Cauliflower Rice. Learn how to make Cauliflower Rice from the Minimalist Baker, who really gives you an in depth detail into this!
- Shrimps - Peeled and de veined Shrimps
- Sesame Oil - I use Sesame Oil to cook Fried Rice. This is an healthy oil and is great for Asian recipes.
- Beaten Eggs
- Frozen or Fresh Veggies - use any colorful veggies you have at home. From Bell Peppers to Green Onions, Carrots, Ginger, Garlic, Onions, Cabbage, & Peas
- Soy Sauce - for flavors
- Chili Oil - Use store bought Chili Oil which is infused with so many flavors and really brings out this dish at its best!!!
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice
Heat Sesame Oil in a skillet.
As the oil shimmers, add the Cauliflower Rice and cook over low heat for 2 min.
Add the Shrimps in the same skillet. Cook for 30 seconds (both sides).
Add the chopped Veggies, Soy Sauce, Salt, Pepper and Chili Oil.
Stir to combine.
Cover cook over low heat for 4-5 min.
Make space in between the rice.
Add the beaten Eggs and stir to combine.
Garnish with freshly chopped Green Onions and Serve.
There are some easy and quick variations to this recipe which you will love for sure!
- Quinoa - If you do not like Cauliflower Rice or is altlergic to it, then use Quinoa. Its a healthy, low carb grain which is the best substitute for Rice after Cauli Rice.
- Spicy - Drizzle a little Sriracha on top before serving for spice
- Sweet - Since this is a low carb recipe so I have skipped Oyster Sauce and Hoisin Sauce which is traditionally used in Shrimp fried rice. However for that tad bit of sweetness, use monk fruit sweetener or any other Keto sweetener you like.
You can store leftover Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You can store this in the Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice in the refrigerator for up to a week.
You can even freeze leftover Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice in an airtight container.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and Reheat this in the microwave at full power for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
You can also reheat in the air fryer.
Is Cauliflower Rice Healthy for you?
Cauliflower Rice is a Low Carb alternative to rice. This is full of antioxidants, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. These antioxidants get rid of free radicals from your body!
What does Cauliflower Rice really taste like?
It actually tastes just like Cauliflower. This is not exactly rice but pulsed Cauliflower so it tastes just like it.
Is Cauliflower Rice better for you than White Rice?
Yes of course! While 1 cup of Cauliflower Rice has just 25 Calories with just 5gm of Carbs and 1 cup of cooked White Rice has 210 Calories.
Is Cauliflower Rice a Carb?
I cup of Cauliflower Rice has just 5gms of Carbs, 20gms of Proteins and 0gms of Fat.
More Healthy Asian Recipes
- Asian Salmon Lettuce Wraps
- Ginger Sesame Chicken Meatballs
- Chinese Chilli Chicken
- Thai Chicken Stir Fry
- (15-min) Honey Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli
- Vegetable Pad Thai
- Thai Peanut Lime Shrimp Curry
- Shrimp Udon Stir Fry
- Garlic Honey Lime Shrimp
Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice with Chili Oil
- 5 cups Riced Cauliflower or 1 large Cauliflower Head riced in food processor
- 2 tablespoon Sesame Oil divided
- 1 lbs Shrimp peeled and de veined
- 2 large Eggs beaten
- 1 cup Green Onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic pressed or minced
- ½ inch Ginger finely chopped
- ¼ cup Cabbage finely chopped
- ¼ cup Carrots 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 medium sized Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized Tomato finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce low sodium, dark
- 1 teaspoon Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Monk Fruit Sweetener or any Keto Sweetener
- Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Chili Oil
- Heat Sesame Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the Shrimps. Cook for 2-3 min over low heat. Once they turn pink, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the Cauliflower Rice to the skillet. Saute over low heat for 2-3 min. Add the chopped Veggies of your choice. Increase the heat to medium high and cook for 2 min.
- Add Soy Sauce, Vinegar, Sweetener, Salt, Pepper and Chili Oil. Toss to combine everything. Make space in between the rice. Add the beaten eggs and whisk vigorously until it scrambles. Toss with the rice.
- Add the Shrimps and toss to combine
- Garnish with freshly chopped Green Onions and serve.