Do you feel heavy after eating rice? Then you can substitute cooked rice with Cauliflower Rice.
You can use Cauliflower Rice to make
wrap it up into Burritos or make
or make these Keto Cauliflower Tater Tots
You can even use it to make Cauliflower Tortillas.
Cauliflower Rice is very easily available these days in every local grocery stores. Its a perfect substitute for Rice and is a totally healthy alternative.
What is Cauliflower Rice?
Cauliflower Rice is simply Cauliflower pulsed in the food processor until it forms mini granules which resembles rice.
Is it same as cooked rice? No. It tastes exactly like Cauliflower. But its a healthy alternative to cooked rice. Also its good texture wise!
Cauliflower is a healthy superfood and this is a healthy way to include Cauliflower in your diet. Besides this here are some more healthy Cauliflower Recipes for you!
- Bbq Cauliflower Wings
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Crispy Cauliflower Tacos with Yum Yum Sauce
- Low Carb Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Cauliflower Rice
Here's how to make Cauliflower Rice at home without blender or food processor. You can even use a food processor to make Cauliflower Rice at home.
Remove the stem and leaves of the Cauliflower. If you're making Cauliflower Rice without food Processor, you can just chop the Cauliflower into florets and grate Cauliflower using a box grater. (use a box grater with medium sized holes, the one you use to grate cheese)
Or chop the Cauliflower into florets and pulse until you get it "riced"
Use a paper towel to drain the excess moisture from the Cauliflower Rice.
Just add it to a skillet with some oil. Saute for 2 min and then cover cook for 5-6 min. Yes its that easy.
You can add salt or any seasoning of love to this cooked Cauliflower Rice.
Hint: You can enjoy cooked Cauliflower Rice as is or toss it with any sauce of your choice or just garnish with some chopped Cilantro and Lime Juice.
After pulsing the Cauliflower into "rice" transfer it to a ziplock bag. You can freeze Cauliflower Rice for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before use.
You can even refrigerate this in a ziplock bag or airtight container for about a week.
How to make Cauliflower Rice
- 1 large Cauliflower stem removed and cut into florets
- Wash the Cauliflower and dry using a paper towel. Cut it into florets.
- Use a box grater - Use a regular box grater with medium sized holes. Grate the Cauliflower until "riced"
- OR Food Processor - Add the chopped Cauliflower florets in the food processor and pulse until "riced"
- Once the Cauliflower is "riced" you can transfer it to a ziplock bag and refrigerate for 2 weeks or freeze for about 2 months for further use.
- To cook Cauliflower Rice, heat Olive oil (or any cooking oil) in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the Cauliflower Rice and saute for 2 min over medium heat. Cover cook for 5-6 min. Fluff with a fork and serve.
- You can garnish with some Chopped Cilantro and Lime Juice or eat it as is with any curry of your choice.