Mexican Cauliflower Rice is a Low Carb, Healthy, Keto-Friendly, Paleo, and Vegan-friendly Side dish that gets done in just 30-minutes. Brimming with Authentic Mexican Flavors, this Mexican Cauliflower Rice Recipe is super-good.
Mexican Cauliflower Rice- Sweet, Zesty, Fresh, and lightly spicy this healthy Mexican Cauliflower Rice is bursting with flavors.
The freshness of cilantro, the zesty lemon, the sweetness of corn, and the goodness of cauliflower rice brings together a dish that is not just healthy but so so so delicious that it will blow your mind.
Did you try this Low Carb Cauliflower Rice Risotto with Peas?
When it comes to Cauli rice, I usually add some protein such as Tofu or Shrimp, or Chicken. Such as this Keto Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Casserole or this Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice with Chili Oil
But, when I am making Mexican Cauliflower Rice, there is no need to add any protein.
It gets done in minutes and the only time-taking part is preparing the veggies. Though I have kept the recipe pretty simple by just adding chopped onions, minced garlic, chopped bell pepper, canned diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and few basic Mexican spices.
My idea was to make rice that is bursting with flavors. And when you want such flavorful cauliflower rice you have got to keep things simple.
Ingredients Needed to Make this Recipe
- Cauliflower Rice
- Olive Oil
- Bell Pepper
- Canned Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Seasoning - Salt and Pepper
- Spices - Smoked Paprika and Ground Cumin
How to Make Mexican Cauliflower Rice
This is just an overview. For the complete recipe jump to the recipe card below. But, make sure you read this for extra information and tips.
STEP 1: Make Cauliflower Rice in Food Processor
Pulse cauliflower florets in your food processor. Do not pulse too much or else it will become mushy. In case you are using store-bought Cauliflower rice then make sure you thaw it completely.
STEP 2: Saute Onions and Garlic
Add some Olive Oil and Saute Onions and Garlic until the onions turn translucent and garlic turns aromatic.
STEP 3: Add Jalapeños, Tomatoes, Corn, and Spices
Add Jalapeños, Canned Diced Tomatoes, Tomato Paste, Frozen Corn, Spices, and Seasoning. You can add your own spices as well. I have used Smoked Paprika and Ground Cumin for that authentic Mexican taste.
STEP 4: Add Cauliflower Rice
Finally, add Cauliflower Rice and mix well to combine. Garnish and Serve with chopped cilantro, Sliced Avocados, and Lime Juice.
Tips to Make this Recipe
- Rice Cauliflower in Batches: Make sure you rice cauliflower in batches. Do not fill all the way up to the top. Fill halfway.
- Do Not Blend, Pulse: Rather than using the Blend feature, Pulse. So that you are in better control of the texture of your Cauliflower rice.
- Use a Large Skillet: A large 12" Skillet will provide plenty of room to cook Cauliflower rice. So, make sure you use a large skillet.
- Do Not Overcook Rice: Make sure you taste and then cook your Cauliflower. Overcooking cauliflower rice is one of the biggest mistakes that most people commit.
What Do I Serve this with
We love this Mexican Cauliflower Rice with
Tacos (try Cauliflower Tinga Tacos) or (Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower and Black Bean Tacos) or Crispy Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Romesco) or (Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos)
or Burritos (Try Buffalo Cauliflower Burrito) or Quesadillas (try Buffalo Chickpea Quesadillas)
You can pair this with a protein of your choice - try Salsa Chicken Meatballs.
or you can make a rice bowl by combining this with Salsa or Sour Cream or Corn Salsa or Guacamole, and etc.
Other Recipes you Can Try:
- Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- Keto Cauliflower Tater Tots
- Low Carb Cauliflower Casserole
- Buttery Cauliflower Curry
- Bang Bang Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Parmesan
- Baked Shells and Cauliflower
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- 2 Cups Cauliflower Rice Fresh or Frozen
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium-sized Yellow Onion finely chopped
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic minced
- 4-5 Medium-sized Jalapeños finely chopped
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- ¼ Cup Frozen Corn thawed
- 2 Teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro, Sliced Avocados, and Lime Juice for garnish (OPTIONAL)
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Pulse in a food processor to make cauliflower rice. If you are using store-bought Cauliflower rice then skip this step.
- Heat Olive Oil in a pan. As the oil shimmers, add chopped jalapeños, canned Diced Tomatoes, Tomato Paste, Frozen Corn, and Spices - Smoked Paprika, Ground Cumin. Season with Salt and Pepper as per taste. Cook over low heat until the tomatoes get cooked.
- Add Cauliflower Rice. Toss until combined.
- Garnish with Chopped Cilantro, Sliced Avocados, and Lemon Juice. Serve hot.
Ask Me Anything