Pesto Shrimp Rice Bowl is a super-quick, 30-minute dinner recipe which is perfect for busy days. Serve this with homemade cooked brown rice and some steamed broccoli to make it a complete meal. Similar to Ground Beef Rice Bowl this recipe will beg you to have all of it in one sitting.
Shrimp with Pesto and Tomatoes 🍤
Shrimp with Pesto and tomatoes is one of the most delicious and healthy shrimp recipes of all time. Similar to Mexican Shrimp and Rice Burrito Bowl this Pesto Shrimp Rice Bowl needs less than 15 minutes to cook.
Instead of cooking it on the stove top, I like to bake my shrimps in the oven. If you are unfamiliar with baked shrimps, you should check out (15-min) Honey Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli or Creamy Shrimp Alfredo or Shrimp Creole
Serving Shrimps with Rice adds carbs to your diet making it a complete meal for your body. I also like to make Lemon Butter shrimp and rice sometimes for my family.
Does Pesto go with Shrimp? 🍤
Yes. We often believe Pesto goes well with Chicken. Check out Basil Pesto Chicken Bake.
But, we often fail to realize how good Pesto pairs with Shrimp. Pesto and Shrimps is a wonderful combination.
Once you bake the shrimps with homemade basil pesto the shrimp gets perfectly cooked on the inside, soaking in all the flavors of pesto and becomes irresistibly delicious.
- cooked brown rice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Homemade Basil pesto
- Homemade Italian seasoning
- lemon juice
- sun-dried tomatoes
- cherry tomatoes
- red bell pepper
- parmesan cheese
- italian parsley
How to make Basil Pesto Shrimp and Rice 👨🍳
- STEP 1: Prepare Rice
Cook rice as per package directions. Or follow my rice recipe to make it in moments.
- STEP 2: Marinate Shrimps
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Marinate shrimps with salt, pepper, homemade basil pesto, homemade italian seasoning, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- STEP 3: BAKE @ 400 F - 12 min
Bake Shrimps in the oven at 400 degrees F for 12-13 minutes. Apparently shrimps don't need much time to cook. So be cautious if you are over-cooking. Overcooking your shrimps can make them turn chewy. And, you don't want that.
Can I make this in the Slow cooker? ⏲️
Yes. Follow my Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo in Crockpot or Crockpot Shrimp Boil and learn how to cook shrimps in slow cooker.
If you are leaving for work and want smoking hot Shrimp dinner served when you come back home. Try this recipe for Pesto Shrimp and rice bowl.
Can I use Pasta instead of rice?🍝
Yes. Use your choice of pasta. And make Shrimp Pesto Pasta instead of Shrimp Pesto rice. If you ask me, I would go for Angel Hair or Linguine Pasta. Make sure you check out One Pot Fajita Shrimp Pasta, Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta, Tomato Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta, Cajun Shrimp Pasta and 10-min Shrimp Scampi
Can I freeze Shrimp Pesto Rice Bowl? ❄️
No. I don't prefer freezing Pesto Shrimp Rice Bowl. The taste and texture won't be up to the mark, if you decide to freeze it for a long time.
However, you can definitely refrigerate leftover Shrimp and Pesto Rice Bowl. If you prefer keeping this recipe for pesto shrimp rice bowl in the fridge, make sure you wrap it tightly using a plastic wrap or an aluminium foil.
Do not forget to thaw it in the oven at 350 degrees F for 5-7 minutes or until warm, before serving.
This recipe for Pesto Shrimp recipe bowl stays fresh in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Cooking Variations - To raise the bar of taste 😋
- Veggies - I have used red bell pepper for crunch. You can use edamame or green peas as well. They will contribute to a higher protein and fiber content in your Pesto Shrimp Rice Bowl.
- Spice it up - If you'd want your Shrimp and Pesto rice bowl to be a little spicy, you can sprinkle some crushed red pepper flakes.
- Butter them well - For more flavor, you could add some melted unsalted butter while marinating the shrimps. Although, it would increase the fat count and calorie count, but undoubtedly it would raise the bar of taste.
What to Serve with Pesto Shrimp Rice Bowl
Pesto Shrimp Rice Bowl
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt and freshly ground black pepper as per taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes diced
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper thinly sliced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- italian parsley freshly chopped
- Prepare brown rice as per package direction. Keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place shrimps in a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, homemade basil pesto, italian seasoning, Salt, Pepper, and, sun-dried tomatoes.
- Toss well using a spoon. Place in the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake shrimps for 12-13 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with cooked brown rice, thinly sliced red bell peppers, diced cherry tomatoes, freshly squeezed lemon juice, freshly chopped italian parsley, and grated parmesan cheese.
Excellent recipe!! So easy to make and exceptionally delicious! LOVED IT