Creamy Shrimp Alfredo - Creamy, smooth, and so flavorful. This easy Shrimp Alfredo is made with Cream Cheese, Unsalted Butter, Fresh Parmesan Cheese, Pasta, Heavy Cream, Chicken Broth, Garlic, Salt & Pepper, and of course - Shrimp 🍤
There is nothing more comforting than a plate full of creamy Shrimp Alfredo 😋 Seriously guys, can there be anything more hearty, and flavorful than Fettuccine Alfredo (or Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo)? Probably NOT. So, try Creamy Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, Vegan White Bean Alfredo, Mushroom Fettuccine, Lemon Parmesan Chicken Alfredo
But, there is something so easy and so hearty about Garlic Butter anything. Be it Tomato Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta, Baked Garlic Butter Chicken Breasts, Garlic Butter Sauteed Green Beans with Parmesan, Garlic Butter Spaghetti Noodles Recipe loaded with Parmesan, Pan-Seared Garlic Butter Mushrooms
Easy Shrimp Recipe for Dinner
Are you looking for some Shrimp Recipes for Dinner? Well, that's incredible. You can make this easy peasy and comforting Shrimp Alfredo Pasta or something more Southern Like Shrimp Creole or Spicy New Orleans Shrimp or Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya in an Instant Pot.
- Unsalted Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Shrimp Alfredo
Step 1: Cook Pasta
Cook Pasta or any other Pasta that you are using as per package directions. Drain the water and Set aside.
Step 2: Make Sauce
In a large skillet combine butter and cream cheese. Stir well until they combine. Add minced garlic cloves and cook until fragrant. Gradually add heavy cream and low sodium chicken broth. Stir well and simmer until thickened.
Step 3: Add Parmesan Cheese, Salt, and pepper
Add freshly shredded parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
Step 4: Add cooked pasta
Add cooked pasta and coat the pasta in the sauce.
Step 5: Add Shrimps
Add raw peeled, deveined shrimps (with tails on or removed). Cook on medium-high until the shrimps turn pink and are cooked through.
Step 6: Toss and Serve
Toss lightly and Serve with fresh basil or dried basil.
How to Not Overcook Shrimp
Shrimps cook really fast. In a matter of minutes, your shrimp will be cooked. But, you don't want to overcook your shrimps. Overcooked shrimps become rubbery and taste awful. Therefore just wait for them to curl and turn pink on the outside. That's your sign.
Use Fresh Parmesan Cheese
One of the little-known secrets of a creamy Shrimp Alfredo is using fresh parmesan cheese that has been shredded at home. You know that green packaged stuff that you get in the stores is actually quite grainy and doesn't mix well with the sauce. I have tried using it in several recipes. But, the taste is nothing as compared to freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- Half and Half - Instead of Heavy Cream you can also use Half and Half.
- Milk - If you are not interested in heavy cream or half and half you can use milk.
- Nutmeg - Just a pinch of nutmeg will add a beautiful nutty taste to your pasta.
- Red Pepper Flakes - If you find this too sweet and would want to make it lightly spicy, just try sprinkling a tiny pinch of red pepper flakes to spice things up.
- Broccoli - Want to make it healthy, just try tossing in some fresh broccoli florets.
What goes well with Shrimp Alfredo
Generally this creamy dish pairs well with greens like Crispy broccoli or crispy green beans or Crispy Carrot Fries or some green salad like Creamy Cucumber Red Onion Salad with Dill and Sourcream OR Asian Cucumber Red Onion Salad with Garlic Vinegar Dressing
Can I Cook Shrimps Separately
Yes, you definitely can. In fact, if you are running out of time and want to make this quick, then while your sauce is simmering you can take a separate skillet with some butter. Coat your shrimp in Salt and pepper (if you want) and cook in a skillet with butter.
Can I add Mozzarella Cheese
Of course, you can. Many people love their Shrimp Alfredo cheesy. Therefore about 1/2 cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese would induce more flavors and cheesiness to your Pasta dish.
More Shrimp Recipes
- Thai Peanut Lime Shrimp Curry
- Shrimp Udon Stir Fry
- Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
- Blackened Shrimp Tacos
- Crispy Honey Sesame Shrimp
- Peanut Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe
- Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Snap it and tag me @recipemagik with #recipemagik.
Creamy Shrimp Alfredo with Cream Cheese
- 1 pound pasta 16 oz any pasta that you like (linguine, fettuccine, or shells or spaghetti)
- 2 pounds Shrimp 31-34 count (thawed, peeled, deveined, you can keep the tails or remove them)
- 3-4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese I used block cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1½ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh or dried basil for garnish (OPTIONAL)
- In a large dutch pot bring some water to a boil with a teaspoon of salt in it. Add pasta and cook as per the package directions. Drain the water and run it under cool water so that it doesn't cook any further. Set Aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter and add cream cheese. Stir well until the cream cheese breaks down and combines with the butter in the skillet.
- Add few cloves of minced garlic and toss well for about a minute.
- Pour Low Sodium Chicken Broth and Heavy Cream. Bring it to a slow boil and allow it to simmer for about 5-8 minutes until the sauce thickens. Stir often.
- Turn the heat to low Add freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese, Salt, and Pepper. Toss well until combined.
- Add cooked pasta and mix it with the sauce.
- Add Shrimps and cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes until the shrimp curl and become pink. Do not overcook shrimps.
- Toss lightly. Garnish with dried basil. Serve right away.